Im still heartbroken

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im still getting over the loss.

Oh, I won't be over it till about the draft maybe. So close....but the veteran collapse bothers me. I would accept it easier if the vets came through and the young whippersnappers dropped the ball.

I like our young nucleus though....good things for GB for years.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packerbacker04 said:

Oh, I won't be over it till about the draft maybe. So close....but the veteran collapse bothers me. I would accept it easier if the vets came through and the young whippersnappers dropped the ball.

Wow. Your hard headedness and refusal to accept reality astounds and impresses me!

The whole team played like suck...so how did the "young whippersnappers" not drop the ball?

--Jason Spitz
--Greg Jennings
--Ruvell Martin
--Nick Collins
--Ryan Grant
--etc...

Where were these "whippersnappers" all game?

But to answer your question, I'll just leave it in the hands of Bruce..

and Bruce said...

What a bunch of crap.

I am not a Favre apologist. I do not hesitate to call him out on bad play or bad decisions. He made a bad throw in overtime, but the revisionist bend on the read on this play and his whole game performance is laughable.

The facts remain:

~~ Brett Favre was not responsible for the team not being able to run the ball. 28 yards rushing will NOT get the job done in the weather this championship game was played in;
~~ had Spitz thrown a decent block Jackson walks into the endzone with Brett's third TD pass of the game;
~~ on the same play, if Brandon Jackson makes an inside cut or a spin move he likely scores with Favre's third TD of the game, and at worst gets a first down inside the 5;
~~ if Ruvell Martin, who demonstrated good hands all season, catches a perfect pass right in both of his hands, Favre adds another TD or first down on the goal line at worst;
~~ nor was Brett responsible for two shaky interference calls (one wiping out an interception, and both converting HUGE third down failures into first downs) on the Giants 3rd quarter TD drive:
~~ just as Favre was not responsible for Kampman's failure to cover a fumble on the same drive or the Packers failure to secure any of the Giants 5 fumbles during this championship game;
~~ those are just a few examples of many that place this so called "choke" and your and some others attempted lynching in context...

BTW how many TD's did Manning throw??? Oh yeah, none.

Now I will be the first to give Eli props for a solid game. But he did have a running game supporting him, and a receiving corp who laid out for the ball and made some unbelievable catches all throughout the game.

Like I said, any one who would try to scape goat a single player, and Brett Favre inparticular for this 3 point overtime loss understands very little about this team sport called football.

Further, trying to put the "choker" label on Favre shows great ignorance and tunnel vision IMO

The title of this thread is "Should we really be optimistic for next year?"

My answer is similar to Vinnie's below. Why the Hell would one not be optimistic?

Feel free to assume a Chicken Little stance if you must. Run around clucking "the sky is falling, the sky is falling" if you so desire.

But your endless campaign to denigrate Brett Favre gets very old and tiresome IMO.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Packerbacker04 said:

Wow. Your hard headedness and refusal to accept reality astounds and impresses me!

The whole team played like suck...so how did the "young whippersnappers" not drop the ball?

--Jason Spitz
--Greg Jennings
--Ruvell Martin
--Nick Collins
--Ryan Grant
--etc...

and Bruce said...

What a bunch of crap.

I am not a Favre apologist. I do not hesitate to call him out on bad play or bad decisions. He made a bad throw in overtime, but the revisionist bend on the read on this play and his whole game performance is laughable.

The facts remain:

~~ Brett Favre was not responsible for the team not being able to run the ball. 28 yards rushing will NOT get the job done in the weather this championship game was played in;
~~ had Spitz thrown a decent block Jackson walks into the endzone with Brett's third TD pass of the game;
~~ on the same play, if Brandon Jackson makes an inside cut or a spin move he likely scores with Favre's third TD of the game, and at worst gets a first down inside the 5;
~~ if Ruvell Martin, who demonstrated good hands all season, catches a perfect pass right in both of his hands, Favre adds another TD or first down on the goal line at worst;
~~ nor was Brett responsible for two shaky interference calls (one wiping out an interception, and both converting HUGE third down failures into first downs) on the Giants 3rd quarter TD drive:
~~ just as Favre was not responsible for Kampman's failure to cover a fumble on the same drive or the Packers failure to secure any of the Giants 5 fumbles during this championship game;
~~ those are just a few examples of many that place this so called "choke" and your and some others attempted lynching in context...

Now I will be the first to give Eli props for a solid game. But he did have a running game supporting him, and a receiving corp who laid out for the ball and made some unbelievable catches all throughout the game.

Like I said, any one who would try to scape goat a single player, and Brett Favre inparticular for this 3 point overtime loss understands very little about this team sport called football.

Further, trying to put the "choker" label on Favre shows great ignorance and tunnel vision IMO

My answer is similar to Vinnie's below. Why the Hell would one not be optimistic?

Feel free to assume a Chicken Little stance if you must. Run around clucking "the sky is falling, the sky is falling" if you so desire.

But your endless campaign to denigrate Brett Favre gets very old and tiresome IMO.

Is this something like beating a dead horse?

cuz sure as hell looks it to me..

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packerbacker04 said:

Trom, you are in love with Tom Cruise I see.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Packerbacker04 said:

--Jason Spitz
--Greg Jennings
--Ruvell Martin
--Nick Collins
--Ryan Grant
--etc...

and Bruce said...

What a bunch of crap.

The facts remain:

My gosh. Fuzznuts is a total instigator.

I'm going to continue to keep my mouth shut about these things . .

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuzz you gotta quit taking general statements so serious. I'll back Favre as much as you but truth is I would of thought guys like Brett and Harris would of been the least of our worries for that game but they have to take as much blame as anyone for the loss. Not ALL the blame but as much. All Trom was saying was he didn't think that would be the case. I'm tired of a lot of the crap I'm reading on here lately but everyone has their own rights. I've just waited till I was ready to post again so I could make logical points which hopefully I'll do as I'm ready to talk Packer football again

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone remember how tough our schedule looked going into this year? San Diego had the best record in football, plus we had to play the remainder of the AFC West and all of the NFC East... two divisions that had a total a 5 playoff teams from the season before.

I think on paper our schedule looked just as hard this year. I expect 11-13 wins. And WHAT'S wrong with that? That's PLAYOFFS, baby!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuzz you gotta quit taking general statements so serious. I'll back Favre as much as you but truth is I would of thought guys like Brett and Harris would of been the least of our worries for that game but they have to take as much blame as anyone for the loss. Not ALL the blame but as much. All Trom was saying was he didn't think that would be the case. I'm tired of a lot of the crap I'm reading on here lately but everyone has their own rights. I've just waited till I was ready to post again so I could make logical points which hopefully I'll do as I'm ready to talk Packer football again

How dare you say such things. You're going to feel Fuzzy's wrath now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts