I'm intrigued about the situation Flynn is in contract wise.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now, teams do not summarily cut a guy they just signed to be the starter because of one bad game and a little elbow tendonitis. He had to have done something else to **** somebody off. Not preparing properly sounds like a plausible answer.

I figure he wanted to get paid but he also wanted to remain a Packer and this was the best way he could think of to make that happen :D

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come to think of it, IMO the poor work ethic fits more so with Brent Fail than with Matt Flynn.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The average backup QB in the NFL makes just under $2M, so I would hope we wouldn't have a problem paying Flynn somewhere in the $1.5M-$2M range.

Look, the man knows the system, he knows the offense, and except for one game, he gets the job done here when called upon. That's all we can possibly want from our backup. We don't need a developmental QB, we have Aaron Rodgers for probably 10 more years. All we need from our backup QB is a guy who can come in and run the offense and give us a chance to win if Rodgers misses a week, or multiple weeks.

Flynn is that guy. We know that now, and the sample size continues to get larger every week. Sign him and go into next year without the backup QB headaches that we have had to endure. You hope we don't need him at all next year, but we learned this year how important it can be if we do need him. It's an insurance policy that we don't need to worry about our entire season being lost if Rodgers goes down. $1.5M-$2M is a small price to pay for that peace of mind.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts