I'm glad we moved up in the third round to get this pun

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're getting great punting tonight from the punter that we traded up to get in the third round. (he says tongue in cheek)

OP
OP
P

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: I'm glad we moved up in the third round to get this

He finally hit a punt in the fourth quarter. This guy amazes me.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sanders pick is in the same class a Reynolds. A bust that they are unwilling to call a bust.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

yourout said:
Sanders pick is in the same class a Reynolds. A bust that they are unwilling to call a bust.

Sander, not sanders Barry Sanders = Hall of Famer, Sander = hall of shamer :p

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

......................NO AVG I20 LG
B. Sander 5 34.4 0 50

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

YTD before tonights game

Year Team G No Yards Lg Avg Blk I20 TB Ret Ret Yds Ret TD Net Avg
2005 GB 12 55 2193 53 39.9 0 10 2 40 231 0 34.9
tonights game 5 34.4 0 long 50

The numbers could be better, but no blocked punts, no punts returned for td, Apprx. 20% inside the 20. Average return yardage (5).

Of course to be successful he would have to lead the league in average, net average, be 100% inside the 20, and be in on every tackle at the end of the play.

Because we all know that he was drafted by the Packers in the 3rd round, which means Sander MUST BE THE BEST EVER or he will be labeled a bust.

Anyone remember Bidwell punting into the endzone almost every time?

I'll take these numbers this year and hope for more improvement next year.

IGHPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Last week the Vikes lost their punter and had the field goad kicker punt.

He did as good as Sanders.

Maybe Sherman should talk to Longwell about punting. Or maybe look for some one else.

(Nah he won't - because I think I just found out what the BJ stands for.)

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Buckeyepackfan said:
Anyone remember Bidwell punting into the endzone almost every time?

in philly after sherman chose not to go for it

sander sucks, and don't give me the weather excuse, detroit's puter nailed some good punts, i always remember brad maynard having good seasons in soldier field, nah that doesnt matter, kick the ball

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

There are a few young players on this team who may have not played up to their full potential since day one and because of that, or because some people on this forum are just looking for reasons to blame Sherman or that player for this season, will not give any of them a break.

Ahmad Carroll is one, he has been playing pretty well lately but all you ever see on this forum is threads about him when he makes a mistake.

Several of the young defensive lineman have been chastised and called busts in the past two years because they weren't playing up to someones potential on this forum.

There were naysayers on this forum who were ready to throw Samkon Gado under the bus after he had one bad game.

Sander had one really bad punt last night a couple that could have been better by hitting them a little longer, but no one says one word about the 50 yarder he got off in the 4th quarter that put The Lions back into their own territory.

Harris averaged 6 yards more each punt than Sander last night, yet he quote"nailed some good ones last night" 6 yds a punt is not going to make one bit of difference in a game.

Sander must have "nailed some really good ones" last night because as I said earlier he did have one really bad kick that effected his average.

..............NO.........AVG........I20............LG
N. Harris...6..........40.7..........2.............51

B. Sander.5..........34.4...........0............50

I put in my earlier post Sander needs to improve but someone here tell me one game that we lost due to a bad punt this year.

There are a lot of young players on this team that are going to make mistakes, instead of calling for their heads every time they make one of these mistakes why not see if they can't learn from them and improve.

Some of you need to try and look at the postives that are going to come out of this year, these young guys will learn from their mistakes or they won't be here.

There is a lot of raw talent on this team, they are going to go through growing pains, try supporting them you might feel better at the end of a game.

Members online

Latest posts