I'm Conflicted

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Playoffs? Ask just one question. Can this team beat Seattle in Seattle? I know the any given Sunday argument. But could they?
Of course!

Come on guys. Remember October? Rodgers was healthy and we steam rolled the Ravens, Lions, Browns and Vikings. Things were looking good and there is no reason we can't get back to that. We have this coming up:
  • Rodgers will come back
  • Rookies continue to develop (Hyde/Boyd/Jones)
  • We have a few guys who continue to emerge as contributors (Richardson/Perry)
  • A few more players can heal up (EDS, Lattimore, Worthy, Cobb)
  • At their current rate, Seattle will lose at least 2 more starters for drug policy violations.

We can very easily give Seattle a run for their money. They are hot now, but where will they be in 6 weeks?

Also recall 2010. We barely squeaked into the playoffs - we played poorly through stretches of that season as well and fans were throwing in the towel early. We finished in a tie with NYG and Buccaneers for the last wildcard but prevailed due to tiebreakers. That season, Atlanta was crushing everyone, New Orleans also strong and everyone figured they would fight it out in the NFC. The AFC was supposed to win it - Pittsburgh, NE, and Ravens were all atop the power polls. The playoffs hit and Pack got hot and not only won it all, but crushed the supposed best teams along the way.

Last edited:

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers is playing they have a chance
Agreed. Our defense isn't a shutdown unit. Very few are. Our defense is designed to hold our opponent in check while the offense uses up the clock and dumps 30+ on them. It simply doesn't work as intended without Rodgers on the field.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our chances of winning the Super Bowl while not in the playoffs - zero percent.

Our chances of winning the Super Bowls while not in the playoffs - more than zero percent. I don't care how unlikely it is they can win in Seattle. The are the only team in the last two years to actually do it (bad call aside of course).

So of course I'd rather have them make the playoffs.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty sure the other three teams in the division got together when AR went down and ironed this all out. The lions were going to be the token #1, and the other two would keep things interesting until AR came back and the Packers took their rightful place at the #1 spot in the division.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You always root for the playoffs. There's no conflict. You never pass up the chance because you just don't ever know how things are going to unfold.

Neither the Packers of 2010, the Giants of 2011, or the Ravens of 2012 were the best regular season team, or even close to it. They were the best teams in January/February. And that's all that mattered.

Even if you don't make it, you still gotta enjoy the journey, that's part of what makes being an NFL fan so fun, the excitement of the playoff game, the hope, the challenge, everything. 12 playoff teams and 11 of them are going to lose their last game. But they've all got a better shot than the other 20.

I have no idea if we could win in Seattle. I have no idea if we could even be competitive. But I'd love for us to get the opportunity to lay it all out there and try, and I would hope there's 53 guys in Green Bay who would feel the same about it.

OP
OP
BorderRivals.com

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, ****! This pep-talking is swinging me around on this. Obviously I don't like our chances, but heck, that's sure better than not having a chance to begin with! Plus, we'd be the team that everyone wants to play - a.k.a. we should have a huge chip on our shoulder for getting overlooked! A return of Rodgers could certainly rejuvenate this squad from a moral standpoint, which is desperately needed. Problem is that I'm getting less and less convinced Rodgers returns soon. Regardless, so long as we have a chance (and Rodgers of course)…

H

HardRightEdge

Well, ****! This pep-talking is swinging me around on this. Obviously I don't like our chances, but heck, that's sure better than not having a chance to begin with!
I know what you're saying. All this Oprah-think is getting me all tingly. I even said something good about Perry today. I don't know what's come over me. Perhaps I stumbled through some karmic vortex in the Home Depot hardware section yesterday and discovered "The Secret" without having to buy or read the book! At least I've got that going for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Picking 16 rather than 18 isn't worth it. I don't think Rodgers or Cobb will be back though, and will probably get shut down when we're math elim'd

Reaction score
Playoffs? Ask just one question. Can this team beat Seattle in Seattle? I know the any given Sunday argument. But could they?

Nope - but given all the injuries, the crap November - to be able to take the division title away from the doofus lions/bears and have a shot in the playoffs.... idk about anyone else - but that feels like a victory of sorts to me, a team that chose not to quit.... even if it ends in a massive bloodbath of embarrassment on national television - probably with Golden Tate urinating on Lombardi's ashes, at least we didn't quit...like the sissy redskins or Jay Cutler.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you're the Packers you play to win, but if Chi or Det wins today, it's almost a done deal. Expecting them both to lose their last 2 while the Packers win their final 2 games is a dream. On the other hand, if they both lose today . . .

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
We are in the hunt thanks to the Bears & Lions. To win the division in a year like we've had would be amazing. Three weeks from now there is a possibility that Seattle, San Fran and New Orleans could all be reeling with injury problems. The thought of rather losing to be able to draft higher is for fans in places like Buffalo, Minnesota, Washington and Cleveland. Screw that! Let's win and show the NFL once again why we've been one of the 4 or 5 premier franchises in the league over the last 20 years.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
If you're the Packers you play to win, but if Chi or Det wins today, it's almost a done deal. Expecting them both to lose their last 2 while the Packers win their final 2 games is a dream. On the other hand, if they both lose today . . .
Packers don't need Bears to lose, they'll beat them to win the division in the final week of the season.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
After watching the Packers comeback on Sunday, then watching that 61 yard FG barely clear the right upright last night to win the game for the Ravens, then reading this thread... I am pumped!

Anyone have a pair of those funky New Year's Eve glasses that spell out "2010"???? Time to wear them again!

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am sure they would. To bad they traded it away to St Louis. :)
I know. Word is Shanny always wanted Cousins and Snyder wanted RGIII. And supposedly Kyle Shannahan is the most hated man in Redskins Park. Soap Opera around here. You just can't make this **** up. LOL.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts