If you could Pick 1 Free Agent who would it be??

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
Full List of 2011 free agents: 2011 NFL Free Agents

Too ease our suffering minds off all of this ugly lockout talk, If you could have 1 free agent join the packers next season who would it be?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

note: This is a "dream" thread, you can be realistic but dreaming is not discouraged.

Notable free agents: (didn't list qb's obviously)
DeAngelo Williams (CAR)
Arian Foster (HOU)
Cedric Benson (CIN)
Darren Sproles (SD)
Ronnie Brown (MIA)
Vincent Jackson (SD)
Sidney Rice (MIN)
Santonio Holmes (NYJ)
Braylon Edwards (NYJ)
Steve Smith (NYG)
Doug Free (DAL)
Jared Gaither (BAL)
Jammal Brown (WAS)
Matt Light (NE
Jermon Bushrod (NO)
Willie Colon (PIT)
Cullen Jenkins (GB)
Mathias Kiwanuka (NYG)
Charles Johnson (CAR)
Ray Edwards (MIN)
Chad Greenway (MIN)
LaMarr Woodley (PIT
Tamba Hali (KC)
David Harris (NYJ)
Stephen Tulloch (TEN)
Paul Posluszny (BUF)
Champ Bailey (DEN
Nnamdi Asomugha (OAK)
Brent Grimes (ATL
Carlos Rogers (WAS
Johnathan Joseph (CIN)

My pick would be Jermon Bushrod(second would be gaither), A real Solid Tackle that has some athleticism and would fit our scheme, now I know we just drafted a couple tackles, but you can never have enough of these big uglies on the O-Line, and I feel like If you have a top10 O-line, our running game will come around, not to mention less pressure on a-rod will give his career more length, I feel our main focus should be protecting A-rod. I'm sure bulaga or sherrod could transition to guard. just imagine, less than 15 sacks on rodgers for a season, my mouth waters, or even 4 seconds to throw the ball everytime!!

So who does Packerforum.com want on the squad?? Feel free to list Undrafted Free agents as well if you know of someone.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta be an OLB like Woodley or Hali, for me. Can you imagine how scary this D would be with another outside rushing threat? It would be crazy.

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nnamdi Asomugha or Arian Foster would be great. Cullen Jenkins would be nice to have back too. If I had to pick one it would be Asomugha.

pakerzfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely Woodley. We've got the league's best Corner's and Nnamdi would cost a lot of $. One of the value free agents I saw was Pierre Thomas. Great back and while he'd want starter money, he wouldn't be asking for the bank.

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carl Nicks (guard). He would improve our running game significantly and bolster our pass protection. We could definitely use the interior line help going up against the Suh and Fairley tandem. He made it to the Pro Bowl last year, and he's only 26. That would give us Sherrod, Nicks, Sitton, and Bulaga for the next 5-8 years. Sounds pretty good to me.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carl Nicks (guard). He would improve our running game significantly and bolster our pass protection. We could definitely use the interior line help going up against the Suh and Fairley tandem. He made it to the Pro Bowl last year, and he's only 26. That would give us Sherrod, Nicks, Sitton, and Bulaga for the next 5-8 years. Sounds pretty good to me.

You just had to bring up Suh and Fairley! :detsux: but they are starting to worry me.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hali, I want someone to compliment Matthews

But he is franchised so I dont expect him to be available.

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also vote for Carl Nicks. He fits a need, is in the prime of his career and we would be taking him away from one of our biggest threats (IMO) in the NFC. I believe both Hali and Woodley are franchised so the cost to acquire them would be too high.

Realistically I could see us picking up defensive line depth like Ray Edwards or a 3-4 DE type of lineman.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also vote for Carl Nicks. He fits a need, is in the prime of his career and we would be taking him away from one of our biggest threats (IMO) in the NFC. I believe both Hali and Woodley are franchised so the cost to acquire them would be too high.

Realistically I could see us picking up defensive line depth like Ray Edwards or a 3-4 DE type of lineman.

Realistically, don't expect us to pick anyone but UDFAs to fill the roster for training camp, IF SUCH.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This list wasn't meant to be realistic, just asking which free agent would each person like to have. Woodley has that fire to complement Matthews.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Matt Flynn.. oh wait, that's for next year. In that case I'd go with Nnamdi Asomugha or Sydney Rice, probably the DB.

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodley but a lot of me wouldn't mind dropping Ryan Grant for Arian Foster (assuming he produces the same numbers he did this year)

Ausnadian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Willie Colon, we can use a SB winning OT, as long as he can prove his fitness after a torn achilles tendon. Everyone needs a healthy colon to be successful!

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Realistically I think we can expect Thompson to be inactive in unrestricted free agency, perhaps signing a lower tier UFA like he did last off season in Peprah. The Packers start this season (if there is one) as the deepest team in the league and have just drafted 10 players and have most of 15 players coming back from IR.

Unrealistically (ignoring the actual cost and salary cap cost if there is one) I would prefer either Asomugha or whoever the Packers staff preferred between Woodley and Hali. Adding a OG like Nicks would be great but CB and OLB are much more important and impact positions than OG.

Just imagine what Capers could do adding Asomugha to Williams and Shields. Woodson would be even more free to "free lance" from his "rover" position and increasing coverage itself helps the pass rush.

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Realistically, don't expect us to pick anyone but UDFAs to fill the roster for training camp, IF SUCH.

I wouldn't be surprised (fingers crossed) if TT picks up a second tier free agent defensive lineman. Someone who isn't a big name, but could bring some needed depth to our line. I still believe in Mike Neal, but we could use some experience behind him.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just realized Nmadi and Charles used to play together at some point. Wonder if Woodson is close enough to him to persuade him to come over for a reduced price. Talk about a non-existent passing game if that were to happen

VBJunkie

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just realized Nmadi and Charles used to play together at some point. Wonder if Woodson is close enough to him to persuade him to come over for a reduced price. Talk about a non-existent passing game if that were to happen

When Nmadi announced his free agency... that's one of the one places he'd want to go (Packers)... to play with Woodson. Either that or Woodson said that in the flip of that conversation.

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without Vontae Leach and the Texans Oline Foster would not be as good. He gets a lot of help from them.

Members online

Latest posts