If you could bring one player from another team onto the packers, who would it be?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems most of us are pretty much agreed that our defense could use some help. So why do you suppose our management and coaching staff haven't pulled the trigger and spent some money on veteran defensive players this year? Is the talent pool that thin, or are they trying not to over commit salaries knowing there may come a cap after the uncapped year? I don't really understand the financial end of things. That's why I'm asking.
They're betting on our young players improving, team chemistry and knowledge of the scheme...

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Revis people.

If I told you that teams threw the ball at Revis 111 times last year, as opposed to throwing 28 times all season at Nnamdi Asomugha, what would you think?

Nnamdi quietly had a great year. He doesn't get numbers, because he doesn't see the ball. He's as literally shut down as a corner can be. That's not even 2 throws at him a game.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I can't quantify it with any cold hard facts, but my gut tells me the way to go is to get pressure pressure pressure on the QB. That's why I thought another fast aggressive LB or DE would help. I think the Saints showed everyone how to give a good QB headaches. I'm not sure good corners or safeties are going to stop someone like Favre or Brady without pressure. So far, I don't see the Packers as being a "pressure" team.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Demarcus Ware would be my choice.

Why try to defend a pass when you can prevent the pass from being thrown in the first place. Ware and CM3 would make opposing coordinators sweat at night thinking about it. Since it's such a pass happy league with so many restrictions on how backs defend the receivers it's better to just put a ton of pressure on the QB. Make him think "where is the pressure coming from this time" on every play.

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Joe Thomas - Love him!
2. Ray Lewis - He really can fire up the D
3. Patrick Willis
4. Ngata - Really need to replace Jolly....and hes better, imo.
5. Darren McFadden - i still think hes got some nfl-good in him....just needs a more balanced offense, and better o-line.

Members online

Latest posts