If you ask me, Favre’s retiring

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Chris Havel said:
TUNICA, Miss. — Broadcast legend Roy Firestone wanted to know whether today’s Brett Favre news conference was going to be a thumbs up or a thumbs down.

Which begs the question: Does a thumbs up mean Favre is going to play another season for the Green Bay Packers? Or does it mean he’s going to retire?

“That he’s coming back,â€

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sounds like TT is using Favre for all he's worth...

(and if he retires...No one will blame TT...He's the new guy...He's just covering his own ***....shameless.)

"..ride that mule TT...ride 'em.."

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Havel is got to be the biggest flip flopper I've ever seen.. After the season he said Favre would retire. A month ago he said Favre would be back for 2 years. Now he says he'll retire.. hmm...........

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Havel is got to be the biggest flip flopper I've ever seen.. After the season he said Favre would retire. A month ago he said Favre would be back for 2 years. Now he says he'll retire.. hmm...........

He is kind of flip flopping, but he's basing his opinion on what he feels. He also said Brett NEEDS to commit to TWO years or none. He didn't say Brett will be playing for two more years. I said that :p

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it would be nice to have one more season. Even if they don't do incredibly well as long as Favre thinks he can have fun then it is worth it. It would be nice to have a Brett Favre fairwell tour and he can solidfy his stats into being the best quarterback ever in nearly every important passing category. I know that isn't important to him but it would be nice to see. I don't think he would be hurting the team if he returns like some people think because Aaron Rodgers would probably be better off learning more in practice before being thrown into the fire and we would have more time to get an experienced backup for when Rodgers is ready. I'm sure Favre will make the best decision for himself though and I wish him luck with whatever he does.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure I'd want Brett back for only one more season with the team we have surrounding him. I'd prefer that he sign on for at two and possibly three more years, then let him go out like a superstar.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it's too reasonable to expect him for more than one more year but I wouldn't mind him staying as long as he possibly can.

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

I've probably gone back and forth 7-8 times on whether I think he'll play or retire. Right now I'd say it's 54.792% he'll retire, 45.208% that he'll play. :wink:

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts