If the williams sisters...

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I think it really depends on when they are suspended. If it turns out to be the first 4 games it will not hurt them as much. If it is later in the season it could be a much bigger factor. I think they are working on it in the OTA's, and will be in training camp to have a plan in place just in case. The real question you have to ask is, when they are suspended(I think they will be) does that bring the Vikings run defense down to the bottom or only make it average?

OP
OP
danielchile

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do they have anyone that could step up and play like them? I don't see any.

IMO without them, they will crumble as a whole. Williams are out, Jared Allen starts to have trouble facing double-teams, he can't get to the QB anymore so the opposing offense has more time and less to worry about and manage to equilibrate the run/pass rate, the DB starts to fail...it's all a system.

Yeah, I may be VERY wrong...but that's how I see it.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they sure help Jared Allen, but he's a man of his own. Just look at his stats in KC when he had no help.
About the D being average or bottom, no doubt it'll be average/good without them. But your whole scheme is based on running the ball and great D, because you don't have a competent qb to win games for you. So, though you have a top 5/best RB in the league and a great Oline, one team cannot just run the ball if the D don't shut down the other team IMO. And say their suspension interfere with 2,3 losses. In the close contest that'll be the NFC North, 2,3 losses are the difference between being or not in the playoffs, IMO.

BTW, about the QB thing, IF #4 plays, he may help against us (and even then I doubt it), but what'll happen when he isn't motivated (by motivated read blindly enraged)?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I see the D-line as being average without them. Losses? Like I said it depends on when it happens.

As far a #4, I just hope he stays retired. They don't need an over the hill revenge minded QB to mess things up. We have young QB's that can do that for a lot less money.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Queens played the first 4 games without the Williamses they'll be facing Jamal Lewis, Kevin Smith, Frank Gore & Ryan Grant without them. Could be a pretty big difference maker.
Their first two are on the road in tough venues. Playing in the Dawg Pound at Cleveland will be tough as it is. If Brady Quinn is ready to step out as a good NFL qb being able to run will help the passing option.
The Lions have to recall that they had the Vikings beat twice last season and had one robbed from them by the officials. Being able to get some running threat will help open things up for Daunte Culpepper or Matt Stafford to connect with Calvin Johnson more.

Members online

Latest posts