If The Packers Can Sherman---------------

PACKATTACK4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has anyone thought about if the Packers can Sherman, is there any NFL team who would be interested in him? I can't think of any. He was unqualified to lead this team(look at his and Rosley's coaching resume, it makes one sick). The only consistencies he has brought to Green Bay are a downward spiral. How many times this year has the Pack been down close to the goal line and has false starts, many at home (can't use the noise as an excuse). Two great examples, Steelers, first and goal at the two, easy to punch it in on the ground, two false starts, now at the 12, they blitz, Brett gets blindsided, touchdown Steelers. Last night, first and goal at the 3, 2:40 left, false start, the Pack ends up with a field goal and runs valuable time off the clock. My point is this happens all the time, where is the Head Coaches attention to detail. Another thing is who is coaching Brett; Sherman , Rosley, and a young former QB from a running team. No experience or credibility. Like Bradshaw said yesterday, Brett needs Holmgren, (Mooch, I think would be close). Did anyone watch the Seahawks-Colts game, looked earily like the '96 Packers, run down the field, play action pass freezes the linebackers, TOUCHDOWN!!!!! Take note Sher-Rosley for your next High School job.

Reaction score
One name immediatly pops into my mind.... Millen! Seriously, I think he would even hire me if only I applied.

Also:

Chiefs (Vermiel is gone)
Jets (Reports of Herm leaving)
Cowboys (if Parcells leaves)
Redkins (If Gibbs retires)

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he'd get the job in Houston. Reeves is pretty high on Sherman from what I hear. Remeber also that there may be 6-8 openings this offseason and not a lot of big name candidates out there. Sherman might be one of the hottest commodities.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
and he would suck there too..imo...

He deserves to be with Reeves..(another coach who couldn't get 'er done...!)

OP
OP
P

PACKATTACK4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Sherman would be one of the hotter candidates, LET 'ER RIP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let's "pass the trash" as they do in that card game.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All the teams mentioned by all about da packers are possibilities, and I would also add Buffalo and St. Louis to the mix. If there are 6-8 openings, Sherman would probably find a home somewhere. If there are fewer openings than that, he may have to settle for a job as an offensive coordinator or position coach.

I think Sherman is known around the league as a solid guy, but not a brilliant guy. He might be an attractive pick for a GM who is just trying to establish some respectability, which is why Houston and Detroit would be the best candidates.

OP
OP
P

PACKATTACK4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Detriot with ShermRosley would be awesome for the Pack. However they would probably then fire Millen for another in the long line of blunders.

Packman4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PACKATTACK4 said:
Sherman's Coaching Resume
83-84 Off Line Tulane
85-87 Off Line Holy Cross
88 OC Holy Cross
89-93 Off Line Tex A&M
94 Off Line UCLA
95-96 Off Line Tex A&M
97-98 TE, Assist. off line GB
99 OC/TE Sea
2000 HC GB
2001 HC/GM GB

Rosley's Coaching Resume
76 Off Asst. Rice
77 WR Cinn.
78-81 Passing Game Cord. Rice
82-84 RB/WR Mont. CFL
85 OC San Ant. USFL
86-87 OC Holy Cross
87 Off Asst. Den Dyn. Arena
88-89 OC SMU
90 QB Atl NFL
91-96 HC SMU
97 WR Chi NFL
98 Te Chi
99 QB KC
2000-05 OC GB

LOOK AT THIS!!!!!!!!!! Tell me one good team these guys ever coached. How did they end up coaching a team like GB? They are together linked from their days at the powerhouse Holy Cross 85-87 where they ran the run and shoot offense (or as Buddy Ryan calls it, The Chuck And Duck). Rosely calls plays like it's the chuck and duck days of the USFL or arena football. He also has the link to being Forest Gregg's coach at SMU another good bloodline. Sherman's claim to fame was being Holmgren's OC for one year. Being Holmgren's Oc is just a title, he calls all the plays, the Oc sits in the booth and let's Holmgren know what he sees from up there. Remember Sherm Lewis, he was Holmgren's OC in GB for a while, what happened to him when he left the Holmgren ambilicle cord? The Pack needs some Crediblity and NFL experience from the TOP DOWN.

PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Packattack LOL :bow:

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love how all of you believe you know so much more than Ron Wolf -- who hired Sherman. I also love how quickly some of you want to demean Dan Reeves who calls Sherman one of the best coaches in the game and would recommend him for the Houston job in a nano second. The New York Jets are also rumored to be interested in him if he is available.

But the truth is that there are way too many variables that will play out before any of us will have a clear picture of what jobs will go to whom.

I know some of you are not prone to use of logic, but just for ***** and giggles try doing a little math. How many coaches fail in the NFL Vs how many succeed? How many house clearings of coaches results in success and how many end in further failure?

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
The New York Jets are also rumored to be interested in him if he is available.

And Herman Edwards is a fine coach which shows how much respect Sherman has around the league. I hope that if Edwards and Sherman are both fired, the Packers would give some serious thought to bringing Edwards into Green Bay.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
Bruce said:
The New York Jets are also rumored to be interested in him if he is available.

And Herman Edwards is a fine coach which shows how much respect Sherman has around the league. I hope that if Edwards and Sherman are both fired, the Packers would give some serious thought to bringing Edwards into Green Bay.

I agree that Herman Edwards is a fine Coach. I don't know that most are cut out for coaching under the microscope that comes with any New York sports franchise.

Members online

Latest posts