If Ted drafts.....I'll lose it

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Marcus or zack martin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would be fine with a trade down to to the top 5 in the second round and grabbing Marcus Martin to replace EDS. If he were to make it past the saints which I would highly doubt unless a top 5 receiver falls to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If CJ Mosley is on the board and TT drafts somebody else, I'll definitely lose it...unless that somebody else is an obvious blue chipper that has unexpectedly fallen to us.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Ted seems to follow that advice.
He passed on Stanford's Richard Sherman on day 3 for a CB from New Mexico State instead.
See, I understood that decision. It was a deep year, and House was a better prospect than Sherman. This year everybody from Stanford might as we be named Molasses Jones. They all play much slower than they test.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See, I understood that decision. It was a deep year, and House was a better prospect than Sherman. This year everybody from Stanford might as we be named Molasses Jones. They all play much slower than they test.
I'm no expert, but I thought the Stanford defense has been one of the nation's best the past couple a years.
I thought I recall they slowed down Chip Kelly's Oregon offense even last year.

But I'm not sure either.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm no expert, but I thought the Stanford defense has been one of the nation's best the past couple a years.

Stanford played the Eagles last year??? ;) Sorry, couldn´t refrain from it.

AZpackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's simple. What player/s if Ted Thompson drafts them will make you totally lose it. I have two one on each side of the ball

Troy Niklas TE Notre Dame: Watched this kid at Notre Dame, to me he's that 6'4 white dude that tries out for the freshman basketball team and can't even make a lay up. He's big, and he looks awkward/clumsy. He's not the Notre Dame TE of the past 10 years, and I don't want him.

Ryan Shazier LB Ohio State: He looks like he should be 15 pounds bigger to be playing linebacker. He looks like a cornerback with a pituitary problem, not a linebacker. Fast yes, good off the corner yes. But his size just turns me away from him as a player. I can see better linebackers in the 2nd round or later than Shazier.
That's funny, because I read a couple of mock drafts that said the Packers will probably take Shazier in the first.

H

HardRightEdge

There's a possibility the best player available will be an OT or a WR. These appear to be the deepest positions in the draft.

I can't say I'd ever "lose it" over something like this, but I'd not be too pleased if it was an OT unless Bulaga is limping around and nobody's told us. A WR? I might be OK with that depending on who's left on the board and if the right guy is there.

Then again, I think we should be building/targeting for 2015...too many question marks and mediocrities on the roster in this go-round.

Last edited by a moderator:

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stanford played the Eagles last year??? ;) Sorry, couldn´t refrain from it.
Next year is not here yet.
This year is the one that just finished.
Last year is the one before that.

Here was your slow Stanford defense, against undefeated Chip Kelly's offense, team, in Oregon too.
Stanford pulls upset at Oregon to derail Ducks' BCS title hopes
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=323222483
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...tball-stanford-cardinal-oregon-ducks/1711709/

And then this year (2013) Stanford also beat the high flying Ducks, actually keeping Oregon SCORELESS until the 4th quarter. http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=333110024
Stanford silences Oregon for three quarters, holds off rally

I'm not sure why you don't think Stanford has any worthy players on defense.
Perhaps the west coast games are too late for you to watch, or aren't on in your area?
Just would love to know why you would say ANYONE from the STANFORD defense would make you unhappy.
Must be a Cal guy, that collegiate rivalry.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score

But I'm not sure either.
And Michael Sam was the SEC DPOY, and Jordan Lynch was a Heisman finalist. So what? This is the big boy league, things are a bit different here.

Thankfully one of us IS sure.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And Michael Sam was the SEC DPOY, and Jordan Lynch was a Heisman finalist. So what? This is the big boy league, things are a bit different here.

Thankfully one of us IS sure.
What are you saying?
See post 2 above.
Stanford defense was good-to-great.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
What are you saying?
See post 2 above.
Stanford defense was good-to-great.
Just because you were a college star on a star defense doesn't mean you translate well to the NFL, or that you fit the needs/system of a certain NFL team. College defense has a completely different philosophy than pro football does. Like if you're a FS with poor explosion and instincts, or a 34 DE/OLB with no first step to speak of whose best bet is to start eating now and try to be the next Justin Smith, or an ILB who doesn't have the athleticism requisite to succeed in the NFL who played , or an undersized 34 DE who... OK, so I might not have minded Mauro late.

Last edited:

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Reynolds will play SS in Philly like he should, and Skov went undrafted for the same reason his Stanford buddy Chase Thomas (currently on our PS) did. DC better hope losing that weight gave Murphy something off the snap.

Members online

Latest posts