If Rodgers is out, how many agree TT made a brilliant move .

packer98

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in the Favre deal? They did say Rodgers was injury prone and apparently he is proving it. 2 good games, 2 bad games and now injuried.

RobJohnson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess you guys don't mind losing then, and don't care about Championships?

Last year, we were on the brink of the SB, and just needed a few pieces to put us over the top with Favre, but apparently TT can do anything he wants, even lose, and it's just a-ok..okeydokey with everyone...

WTF?

Do you people love TT that much that you don't really care about your team winning?

Bizaarre.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IronMan said:
RobJohnson said:
I guess you guys don't mind losing then
We're in first place.

IN a very weak division, the second weakest only to the NFC West. I'm not sure I'd be bragging about beating Minnesota and Detroit.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
RobJohnson said:

Last year, we were on the brink of the SB, and just needed a few pieces to put us over the top with Favre, but apparently TT can do anything he wants, even lose, and it's just a-ok..okeydokey with everyone...

WTF?

Do you people love TT that much that you don't really care about your team winning?

Bizaarre.

So what happened in 98?

Was IN the SB for 97 season, how come we didnt make it out of 1st round the following year?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Just realized, nice bait thread

hook line and sinker

Talk to us when Rodger sis out for sure and once the Packers are eliminated from post season

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
lol, my god, some people REALLY amuse me.

Thanks guys, I needed a good laugh!!

LOL!

Packerbacker87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly see Favre as both the reason for why we made it so far into the playoffs last season as well as the reason why we didn't make it to the Superbowl. He can make an entire team play better than what they normally would be...as well as make costly mistakes in the worst situations possible. Granted Favre is, and always will be, a legend...but even he won't play forever. I predict that he'll play for 3 more years (including this season) max...and then truly be retired. If we had kept Favre, we'd have surely lost Rodgers once his contract expired...and then what? We'd have to use a 1st round pick on a QB that may not even be as good as Rodgers. Fans need to have some patience with Rodgers. He can mature into the kind of leader Favre is. Sunday will be a big test for him. If he can play...AND win...than he'll have earned, at least to a degree, some of that 'grit' merit that QB's like Favre and Roethlisberger have.

RobJohnson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reason why the Packers didn't make it to the SB is because his team didn't show up that day, and the NY Giants did! Oh yeah, they beat the undefeated Patriots too, but it was all Favre's fault.

This is what is silly, Longtime.

If Ruvell Martin could catch, the Packers would have been in the SB...If Jason Spitz could block, the Packers would be....(well, you get the idea, i hope!)

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RobJohnson said:

WTF?

Bizaarre.

Welcom to the "TT is god and can do no wrong packer site" Don't be surprised that the TT loyalists will not question his moves. He's been given a free ride by many on this site and I can't understand it. Even if Rodgers plays this week he is not going to be 100% and could make the injury worse if he gets a good lick again. I don't understand why people say it wasn't a good move, but this is our situation and we have to deal with it. Sure this is the situation, but we as fans have every right to be mad as hell at the reason for it. We have a right to expect our Gm and coach to have common sense.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
RobJohnson said:
The reason why the Packers didn't make it to the SB is because his team didn't show up that day, and the NY Giants did! Oh yeah, they beat the undefeated Patriots too, but it was all Favre's fault.

This is what is silly, Longtime.

If Ruvell Martin could catch, the Packers would have been in the SB...If Jason Spitz could block, the Packers would be....(well, you get the idea, i hope!)

If you been around this forum before, I was DEFENDING his throw that ended up being an int..

i NEVER once said it was all his fault.... show me please where I did?? Or at least dont put words into my mouth thanks!

Just like NOW ( this season ) the online played HORRIBLE in the NFCCG just as much as Harris..

Ok that is settled..

People are so fast to say he is the best chance to get to the SB

Well, what about last 10 years, how many times were we there with him?

So..We got how close last year? And havent been that close in 10 years..Other then Brett what has changed..players, coaches and GM..

see my point now?

but please do not take my stubborn debate to mean I dont/didnt want BF back..

Cuz I wanted him as q/b

Like a lot of people I have moved on, and we as fans cant do damn crap about him not being here..

RobJohnson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For 10 years he had Mike Sherman and Tom Rossley. A great handicap, indeed.

No one can do it alone. Not even Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, or John Elway. Look what Dan Marino had to deal with. How many times did he make it to the SB?

Let me tell you something. Those SB teams that the above mentioned QB's had were WAY better than the Packer teams that Favre was asked to lead during those years.

It was a miracle they made the playoffs as often as they did. Everyone here bashes Sherman, yet Favre was supposed to overcome his inadequacies?

Are you saying Longtime, that you think that there is no difference if Favre or AROD is leading the Packers? If that it the case, the Packers should at least make the NFC Championship game this year, no?

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
So what happened in 98?

Was IN the SB for 97 season, how come we didnt make it out of 1st round the following year?

I love playing historian.

The infamous Jerry Rice no fumble is the reason GB didn't advance past the 1st round of the playoffs in '98. Oh & the subsequent Terrell Owens "The Catch II". If correctly ruled a fumble GB runs out the final minute of the game & advances to play ATL.

I distinctly remember the off-season prior to '98 the league rules committee (headed by Mike Holmgren) voted not to have instant replay for official purposes. How cruel is fate?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
doughsellz said:
longtimefan said:
So what happened in 98?

I love playing historian.

The infamous Jerry Rice no fumble is the reason GB didn't advance past the 1st round of the playoffs in '98. Oh & the subsequent Terrell Owens "The Catch II". If correctly ruled a fumble GB runs out the final minute of the game & advances to play ATL.

I distinctly remember the off-season prior to '98 the league rules committee (headed by Mike Holmgren) voted not to have instant replay for official purposes. How cruel is fate?

yes i know all to well the non fumble...2 whistles were blown AFTER the ball hit the ground..

so tell me, how many plays AFTER that fumble did the Niners still have??

They still had the chance to win and did not

but again they didnt,

Point is?

You will like this

ITS A TEAM GAME

Everyone depends on everyone

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
RobJohnson said:
For 10 years he had Mike Sherman and Tom Rossley. A great handicap, indeed.

No one can do it alone. Not even Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, or John Elway. Look what Dan Marino had to deal with. How many times did he make it to the SB?

Let me tell you something. Those SB teams that the above mentioned QB's had were WAY better than the Packer teams that Favre was asked to lead during those years.

It was a miracle they made the playoffs as often as they did. Everyone here bashes Sherman, yet Favre was supposed to overcome his inadequacies?

Are you saying Longtime, that you think that there is no difference if Favre or AROD is leading the Packers? If that it the case, the Packers should at least make the NFC Championship game this year, no?

Wow why is it, everyone thinks I am saying AR is better then or equal to BF?

LOL

This whole FREAKING debate is if you will blame AR for things, then for sure blame BF for the same things he did last year

that is all

Gawd

ROFLLLLLLLL

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't look at it as TT's fault. This team could not win the SB this year, Dallas is too strong along with Philly right now. TT saw that this team would not have Favre in 3 years, but would likely had Rogers. He had to start the team in the direction its future would be. I don't disagree with the situation at all. Plus, if Rogers did win the starting job it would of brought more unwanted media attention to the team. TT made the right decision in letting him go. The organization doesn't revolve around Brett.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers hasn't been the problem for the Packers the last two games. The o-line, the defense against the run, the lack of pop from the runningbacks and a receiving corps minus several key members have been the issues.
Favre had injuries in his career, too. He just never missed a start because of any but a few times it was close. So far, it's the same with Rodgers. He hasnt been scratched yet and won't be, if he will, until game time Sunday.
Regardless, judgment on whether the Packers should have taken Favre back or not cannot be made on the basis of this week. It's a decision that will only be completely known a year from now, 2 years and 5 years out. Talk about it then not this early.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Didn't something like a third of the NFL teams have two or more QB's starting for them last season.

Yeah, I think so. This means that not every QB in the NFL will last forever, or even one full season. What Brett has done is being belittled by the comments regarding Rodgers being injury prone. Lets not dwindle the feat that Favre has and IS accomplishing. While in the same breath lets not be so ignorant and think that Favre is a Jet solely because of Ted Thompson. Many more actions and comments played into the role than simply just Ted.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Didn't something like a third of the NFL teams have two or more QB's starting for them last season.

Yeah, I think so. This means that not every QB in the NFL will last forever, or even one full season. What Brett has done is being belittled by the comments regarding Rodgers being injury prone. Lets not dwindle the feat that Favre has and IS accomplishing. While in the same breath lets not be so ignorant and think that Favre is a Jet solely because of Ted Thompson. Many more actions and comments played into the role than simply just Ted.

What those carrying a grudge against TT for the Favre detail seem so eager to forget or not mention is that it started with Brett's refusal to make up his mind about playing or retiring, dragging it on for 4 months and then trying to barge his way back in. And his messing around with the Vikings to get back at the Packers.
We need to demythologize the version of the Packers-Favre split. 1)Ted Thompson & Mike McCarthy wanted Favre back for another season. 2) Favre wanted to play yet another offseason of "will he or won't he" with the club. 3) TT & MM decided the long term interests of the club could no longer allow for the annual Favre "hostage" situation and Aaron Rodgers was ready but nearing the end of his contract with the team. 4)Favre retired. 5) There were at least several points where Favre indicated he was wavering and the Packers gave him opening to unretire; but at each one for 4 months the last word from Brett was always "I'm retired." 6) A month before training camp, Favre wants to play again but gets angry and frustrated when he doesn't get his way on his terms of coming back. He shoots his mouth off in the media, he talks to Darrell Bevell and Brad Childress about jumping to the Vikings. He forces his way into the Packers' camp and thru hours and hours of talks with coach McCarthy still can't commit to the club and is persuaded to leave and is consequently traded.

Members online

Latest posts