If Peyton is threatening Brett's records...

mike_donnelly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...will Tom Brady threaten Peyton's new records?

This is not to say Peyton will even do it, I think Brett's records will stand, but my point is that all the people saying that Brett won't have long to enjoy having the record, they don't consider Tom Brady. Brady has given Peyton a big start and is only 1 year older, but that is the nature of being a #1 draft pick - he got the automatic walk-on to his team. It doesn't look like Peyton will even go close to his 2004 season - 49 TD's, but what evidence is there that Brady can't do similar to what he has done this season a few more times. The only thing that might stop him is he runs out of fingers to put rings on!

packer_backer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not a chance. the only way he might slighty have a chance is if he can keep his current offensive cast(especially moss) and Oline, their division remains ridiculously weak and the sissy pass happy rules ramain intact.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who knows for either of them. One injury can end their respective runs. Favre has been able to do it cause he's always on the field! No one else has EVER been able to do that.
My money's on BRETT! :wink:

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre has to retire first. The age limit for executives is 70 I think. I wonder if its the same for players. If it is, thats the only way Brett ever retires. LOL

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mike_donnelly said:
...will Tom Brady threaten Peyton's new records?

This is not to say Peyton will even do it, I think Brett's records will stand, but my point is that all the people saying that Brett won't have long to enjoy having the record, they don't consider Tom Brady. Brady has given Peyton a big start and is only 1 year older, but that is the nature of being a #1 draft pick - he got the automatic walk-on to his team. It doesn't look like Peyton will even go close to his 2004 season - 49 TD's, but what evidence is there that Brady can't do similar to what he has done this season a few more times. The only thing that might stop him is he runs out of fingers to put rings on!

No. Brady never played like he's played this year. NE always had a balanced rush vs pass offense, except this year. If you look at his career, he's thrown for (this is only a slight exaggeration) like twice the yards, TDs, attempts, and completions this year than a normal year.

So, no. Brady will not get all those crazy Marino (now Favre) stats. Hopefully, Manning won't either. It depends on how long Brett decides to play. If Favre plays three years after this, Manning will almost literally die trying to get Favre's stats.

packer_backer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont think brady will reach those records, and i hope very much he dont because i personly think he is an average qb when compared to these other great legend QB's of the past and also manning. he already holds a precious record of the most td's ever, which isnt fitting for brady, it belongs to a dan marino or a peyton manning, both considered two of the most talented and most skilled qb's ever(favre too :wink: ).

i also hope he doesnt break elways 5 SB's started record either. like i said, it's fitting for a guy like elway, who is considered the "closest thing to a one man team", not brady. it will be a shame if he does.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Brady needs at least 245 tds to pass Brett and that will grow if Brett isnt done yet...with an average of 28 td a year thats over 8 years..Wi8ll he be able to play that long

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady needs at least 245 tds to pass Brett and that will grow if Brett isnt done yet...with an average of 28 td a year thats over 8 years..Wi8ll he be able to play that long

I doubt it. The guy is already 30, and before this season only had a season high of 28 TD's. The Patriots won their Super Bowls thanks to their defense, kicker, and O-line.

That, or I'll personally take him out if he gets close. :D

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The thing is, Brett isn't done yet. My crystal ball is currently broken, but my guess is he'll play one more year as a Packer, retire, watch one season from his tv and be pissed he's not on the field, and go to an AFC team for 2 more years and take a mediocre team into the Playoffs.

He does this, P Manning won't be able to touch his records. P Manning doesn't have a tenth of Favre's elusiveness and heavily depends on a solid OL. Once that OL goes, so does Manning's health. I'm not rooting for him to get hurt, but I'm being brutally honest. Football is a dangerous game.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:

The thing is, Brett isn't done yet. My crystal ball is currently broken, but my guess is he'll play one more year as a Packer, retire, watch one season from his tv and be pissed he's not on the field, and go to an AFC team for 2 more years and take a mediocre team into the Playoffs.

He does this, P Manning won't be able to touch his records. P Manning doesn't have a tenth of Favre's elusiveness and heavily depends on a solid OL. Once that OL goes, so does Manning's health. I'm not rooting for him to get hurt, but I'm being brutally honest. Football is a dangerous game.

Yeah that is why I said it will grow if Brett comes back..

Manning has 306, and that is 136 less..And if Brett does hang it up..With his current pace of about 32 a year, thats a little over 4 years..

Zombie I question the WR and TE as well as the o-l...Lot has to happen for him to beat the records

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:

I doubt it. The guy is already 30, and before this season only had a season high of 28 TD's. The Patriots won their Super Bowls thanks to their defense, kicker, and O-line.

That, or I'll personally take him out if he gets close. :D
Where ya gonna take him? "Applebees"??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:lol: Nice one Cheesey. My honest prediction now is Peyton passes the alltime yards record but not td's which is more important anyway. Brady doesn't even come into the picture

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:
Brady or Payton wont even get near they wont even break Marino's records I think.

Peyton will catch Marino, barring injury.
Favre will have to keep playing to keep the records, which he will. Not just for the records, but Favre loves the game too much.

favre2driver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Peyton Manning will break Favre's records. But Brady? I don't think so. If Manning does get the records, there isn't a guy with more class.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Peyton Manning will break Favre's records.

I dunno, didn't peyton slow down a bit this year due to losing his LT? It will only get worse. He won't have awesome weapons and awesome protection his WHOLE career.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
favre2driver said:

I dunno, didn't peyton slow down a bit this year due to losing his LT? It will only get worse. He won't have awesome weapons and awesome protection his WHOLE career.

He had a lot of injuries this year. Were his stats down?? I need to look.

I am on the fence about this. On one hand, I could see Manning not aging well and really losing mobility. On the other hand, how much mobility does he really have now?

I use to think that Manning was a lock to pass Favre. I am not so sure now.

Brady wont be close to any records...except the one that a lot of people think matters the most. Jewelery. (and knocking up super models.)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
favre2driver said:

He had a lot of injuries this year. Were his stats down?? I need to look.

Compared to the last year superbowl championship team:

His interceptions are up.
His yards are down.
TDs were the same though.
Sacks and Fumbles went up for him.

I think things will really show how good he is when Marvin and Dungy leave.

If he can hang tough during that situation, he should shatter things.

OP
OP
M

mike_donnelly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
good to see some responses to this, seems I created a bit of a stir, which isn't what i intended. Personally I would love to see Brett keep the records, especially because they tell the story of longevity and all those TD's over the years that the Packers fans have enjoyed.

I started the topic, mainly to show that those who speak of Peyton passing Brett act as if that happened, then Peyton would have the records forever. I just wanted people to realise that a) it probably wouldn't happen at all, and b) if it did happen, he wasn't safe from being passed either

Members online

Latest posts