If Favre retires next year...

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Then I kind of hope that Sherman stays...

Then you will all see what a ****-poor, horrible coach he is...

(Then we can finally move on...)

(but then again..i can hear the chorus of..."Well..he's only had two bad years..now...and it's not fair to...")

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he retires, we should get a veteran, someone like Kitna, and then play him and gradually replace him with Rodgers. Charlie Frye seems to be working out for the Browns.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A list of available QB's.

Quarterbacks
Anthony Wright UFA Ravens
Charlie Batch UFA Steelers
Chris Simms RFA Buccaneers
Chris Weinke UFA Panthers
Craig Nall UFA Packers
Damon Huard UFA Chiefs
Dave Ragone RFA Texans
Doug Flutie UFA Patriots
Drew Brees UFA Chargers
Jamie Martin UFA Rams
Jeff Blake UFA Bears
Jeff Garcia UFA Lions
Jesse Palmer UFA 49ers
Jon Kitna UFA Bengals
Josh McCown UFA Cardinals
Ken Dorsey RFA 49ers
Kliff Kingsbury RFA Jets
Kurt Warner UFA Cardinals
Sage Rosenfels UFA Dolphins
Seneca Wallace RFA Seahawks
Shane Matthews UFA Bills
Shaun Hill UFA Vikings
Tim Hasselbeck UFA Giants
Todd Collins UFA Chiefs
Ty Detmer UFA Falcons
Vinny Testaverde UFA Jets

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Then I kind of hope that Sherman stays...

Then you will all see what a ****-poor, horrible coach he is...

(but then again..i can hear the chorus of..."Well..he's only had two bad years..now...and it's not fair to...")

Then I kind of hope that Brett throws 23 interceptions against the Bears on Sunday so that maybe YOU can see that once in a blue moon the players need to take some responsibility for what transpires on the field.

(But then again...i can hear the chorus of...Well...sherman has a fat ***...)

And [email protected]'d love to hear your suggestion for a new coach...I know Andy Reid, Mooch, and Parcells were all WAY UP on your list within the last month or so since their teams NEVER dissapoint (SB to out of playoffs in 1 yr, fired, just lost 35-7 to redskins and sliding out of playoffs) :roll:

Since you participated in the local 4th grade pass-punt-'n-kick contest I'm aware that you know SO MUCH MORE about football than any of us, so I just can't wait to hear your accurate annalysis of what is about to transpire, or who the best option is.

Royston

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Musccy, being a Mike Sherman cheerleader isn't actually in vogue these days either, in fact it's getting stale.

For all the Packers playoff failures during Sherman's tenure all we have heard are excuses. I think 3-11 has exposed a deep rooted problem. In other words, the sh#t has hit the fan.

With Jim Bates' success at DC, I think TT will give Sherman one more year providing Sherman upgrades at OC.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Royston...I'm not saying MS is the greatest coach ever, but I don't think he's a bad coach.

A lot of the problems you see w/ the Packers occur on other teams, and a lot more than packer fans may realize...everyone loved Reid on here up until the Eagles fall out of the playoffs and start running the ball 77% of the time in their games! Parcells was the greatest thing since sliced bread, but then the 'boys go ~5-11 last year, and now are slipping big time again.

Changing lures doesn't always land the fish, sometimes you just need to try the weedline one more cast. Again, not that I'm saying GB and MS don't have their problems, but I don't think it's MS is to blame as much as ppl think.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
p@ck66 is always saying the reason Favre looks bad is because he does not have the players around him, then in the next breath he poops all over the coach for not winning with the same talent that he himself claims to be lacking. Which is it? :roll:

Royston

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Musccy, how can you not blame a guy who was GM/HC? How many HC's come into the league and inherit a Brett Favre and an Ahman Green then are made the GM the next season?

Under Sherman the Packers went 12-4 for 2 seasons and 10-6 for 2 seasons only to be exposed in the playoffs as a team that couldn't match up to the best teams in the NFC. Did Mike Sherman ignore that fact or did he lack the ability to do anything about it?

This team has spiraled downward since Mike Sherman arrived in Green Bay. Who'se fault is it that Sherman the GM never gave DC Donnatel the players to work with on defense and kept his inexperienced and incompetent buddy Tom Rossley employed as Packers OC?

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They simply do not have the same talent now that they had 5 years ago. It happens. What coach can go to Green Bay and win right now with the team that they have? You can put Jeff Gordon behind the wheel of a Dodge Neon and he is not going to win the race.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
p@ck66 is always saying the reason Favre looks bad is because he does not have the players around him, then in the next breath he poops all over the coach for not winning with the same talent that he himself claims to be lacking. Which is it? :roll:

This is one of the brightest things ever written on this board. And by a Bears fan no less! Will wonders never cease?

All kidding aside, you're right Phil.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Royston...you are right...as a GM, MS was unable to get the job done, and was rightfully relieved of those duties.

As a coach...also keep in mind the performance of the players in some of those games...something like 7 turnovers vs. St. Louis, about 5 vs. Minnesota...some of the blame lies on the players in situations like that. THe philly game...you could debate blunders in coaching, but certainly execution as well!

Also, Rhodes inherited a team that, the year before, was a botched Rice fumble call away from at least the divisional playoffs and turned it into an 8-8 team...while under sherman's watch the pack went to 4 of 6 playoffs. And the fact that (w/ the exception of mnf) he kept an injury plagued, talent-deprived team competing hard has to say something.

Is he a HOF coach? NO, but I wouldn't say he's holding the Pack back either.

Royston

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
Royston...you are right...as a GM, MS was unable to get the job done, and was rightfully relieved of those duties.

As a coach...also keep in mind the performance of the players in some of those games...something like 7 turnovers vs. St. Louis, about 5 vs. Minnesota...some of the blame lies on the players in situations like that. THe philly game...you could debate blunders in coaching, but certainly execution as well!

Also, Rhodes inherited a team that, the year before, was a botched Rice fumble call away from at least the divisional playoffs and turned it into an 8-8 team...plwhile under sherman's watch the pack went to 4 of 6 ayoffs. And the fact that (w/ the exception of mnf) he kept an injury plagued, talent-deprived team competing hard has to say something.

Is he a HOF coach? NO, but I wouldn't say he's holding the Pack back either.

The bottom line is that it always comes down to excuses for Mike Sherman.

musscy said:
while under sherman's watch the pack went to 4 of 6 playoffs.

That is really funny...Sherman has a 2-4 playoff record with 2 loses @ Lambeau.

Under Mike Holmgren's watch the Packers went to the playoffs 6 of 7 years. 2 NFC Championships and a Super Bowl win. 5-0 @ Lambeau. That's what a real HC can accomplish.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Under Mike Holmgren's watch the Packers went to the playoffs 6 of 7 years. 2 NFC Championships and a Super Bowl win. 5-0 @ Lambeau. That's what a real HC can accomplish.

There is also debate over MH's commitment to the Packers esp. during the Bronco's superbowl and their last playoff run in '98?

And the playoff records...you say it's excuses, I look at it as a 2-way street. W/ few exceptions do I think you can blame a turnover directly on a coach, and turnovers were probably the most influential single variable in 2-3 of those playoff losses (St. louis, MN, debatably Atl). I'm not saying some questionable 4th down calls, or a team fading at the end of the year doesn't fall, at least in part, on the coaches shoulders...but you have to point the finger at the people executing on the field as well.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Musscy..you are beating something alright..but it's not a horse...

Your apologies for Sherman's ineptness are hysterical....

Keeping reaching (around...) for excuses for Sherman..it's kind of funny and entertaining...

God help you when they actually do fire him!

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what excuses P@ck66? I'm admitting that he has made mistakes, all I'm saying is that all the blame can not rest on his shoulders, and there is no way you can debate that!

You are such a hypocrite on this issue as well. It's obviously a situation of blaming the players (me...and admitadely a disproportionate amount directed towards Brett) vs. blame the coaches (you...obvioulsy a disproportionate amt. directed towards MS). I have been able to step back and assess some of MS' weaknesses, but with you, your boy Brett has never done ANYTHING that has hurt the team. Get real! For someone who was a self-proclaimed stud at pick up football in recess, you should know a thing or two about football, and that the coach isn't the only one responsible for what transpires on the field.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Royston said:

Your hero Mike Holmgren no longer has a perfect playoff record at Lambeau. He was beaten there by none other than Mike Sherman. Holmgren has also won exactly 0 playoff games since 1998. That's what your "real" HC has accomplished.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts