If Adrian Peterson played for the Packers..

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many times do we win the Super Bowl over the next 5 years? How many points per game do we average?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we had AP...

1. The constitution would be upheld at all times.
2. Babies would no longer cry.
3. My salary would double.
4. The Dallas Cowboys and The New England Patriots would no longer exist.

Just a few things that would also exist in this world. :)

OP
OP
Brandon

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good God can't this forum appreciate a fun fantasy scenario?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Believe me I embraced it...and would love it...as well as the other things I listed that would also be in this truly amazing world!

OP
OP
Brandon

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't imagine who we would have to lose to fit him into our salary cap. I don't know what these guys all make but I bet we would lose more than Clay Matthews... *shudder*

Oh I don't know, I think we could cut ways with a few of our prized Wide Receivers to make room for him. After all we wouldn't need Jordy Nelson and Greg Jennings with him on our team. We'd do just fine with the likes of Cobb and Jones.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't consider the hypothetical idea of having a back with fumblitis on this team to be a "fun" idea. He's a Viking, I don't want him on my team. It's not about an inability to appreciate hypotheticals, it's about not liking what the team would realistically look like if we were paying him the contract he currently has with the Vikings. Also I think that musing about "what if's" is pretty pointless.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
If AP was on the Packers:

1. His torn ACL would have happened in his rookie year, AND
2. He would not have recuperated fully... ever, AND
3. He would have had a freak collision that hurt his neck and ended his career prematurely.

Hence, he would have been a nobody and we would today STILL have Harris and Grant as our starters.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oddly enough Yards After Contact is not a tracked statistic for Rushing on NFL, Pro-Football-Reference, ESPN, or Yahoo. I'd be interested to know what his yearly totals would be over the course of his career.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He isn't great at catching the ball and his impact in the win column due to his position would be minimal. Loaded 09 vikes team, didnt make it to the SB. And that was on both sides of the ball.

If you gave me anyone from the Peterson draft I would take Revis. The biggest indicator of success in the nfl is passer rating differential. The packers weak point is the #1 corner position.

AP is good for people who like sports center highlights.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I fantasize about having JJ watt in a packers uniform. I mean seriously... This defense loves snagging balls and him swatting them would be unreal. The pressure him and Matthews would get would be unheard of.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
My fantasies only involve football.

It's not really a fantasy if I can and do make it happen right? Haha
I have so many things I could say about this but I fear that if I did it would be my last post here and no one would see it anyway because the mods would have to delete it because of its content. :)

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have so many things I could say about this but I fear that if I did it would be my last post here and no one would see it anyway because the mods would have to delete it because of its content. :)

I think I'm asking for it with that response.

Should I assume you fantasize about the Vikings having a trophy room?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I think I'm asking for it with that response.

Should I assume you fantasize about the Vikings having a trophy room?
Nah, they would have nothing to put in it. The one trophy they won, they went and lost. Not that you got to keep it anyway. Never even saw a copy of it at the Packers hall of fame.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts