I would like to mail the Packers a hand written letter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To anyone who has done this before, maybe you can help me out here. I have just a few questions, here we go:

1) Is the appropriate mailing address the one at 1265 Lombardi Ave? Should I make the letter to the attention of anyone in particular? Please note that I am NOT trying to obtain autographs through the mail.

2) I plan on sending some money in, not a lot but just something that I can spare. When the stock went on in 1996 I was 10, and in 2011 I was broke. After paying for the necessities I just didn't have the funds to buy a share of Packers stock. So, instead, I would like to send them some money. Maybe I can help pay for some gatorade, grass seeds, paint, light bulbs. I really don't care how they spend the money as long as it helps the team and the organization.

Now, I understand that the Packers have to get approval from the NFL to accept ANY money from anyone...even a $5 bill. So, since I want to send some money to the team should I send it to accounting?

Thanks all, any and all help and insight is greatly appreciated!

--Rob.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
U realize that the packers are loaded right?

They had record revenue and profits last year.

Hell they should send us some $$ for as much as I shell out to go see them play once or twice a year...

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In all honesty, whoever opens your letter would probably just put your $5 right into their pocket and stick it in the first donation jar they run across at a gas station somewhere.

Why not take the $5 and donate it to someone who needs it? I hear you can feed the entire nation of Chad for a month for five bucks.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Nah... not in Green Bay....however, if you want to send me $5, I'll put it right in my pocket. :)

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
To anyone who has done this before, maybe you can help me out here. I have just a few questions, here we go:

1) Is the appropriate mailing address the one at 1265 Lombardi Ave? Should I make the letter to the attention of anyone in particular? Please note that I am NOT trying to obtain autographs through the mail.

2) I plan on sending some money in, not a lot but just something that I can spare. When the stock went on in 1996 I was 10, and in 2011 I was broke. After paying for the necessities I just didn't have the funds to buy a share of Packers stock. So, instead, I would like to send them some money. Maybe I can help pay for some gatorade, grass seeds, paint, light bulbs. I really don't care how they spend the money as long as it helps the team and the organization.

Now, I understand that the Packers have to get approval from the NFL to accept ANY money from anyone...even a $5 bill. So, since I want to send some money to the team should I send it to accounting?

--Rob.
I see a lot of replies but nobody chose to actually try and answer your question so I'll give it a shot.

I think your best bet would be to start here:

http://www.packers.com/footer/contact-us.html

I'm certain someone there could steer you in the right direction.

Plus I applaud & support your desire to make a donation to our team. I credit you with having enough intelligence to realize you can donate to charities so won't insult you by telling you to donate elsewhere as I'm sure that thought has already occurred to you. :)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry.
I trust that your intentions are true and that you are being sincere.
But to offer to send a multi million dollar team some money just reads like a joke to me.

D

Dan115

I sent money before. I was living in Florida at the time. The treasurer of the team at that time, John Underwood I think it was phone me at home on a Sunday afternoon. We talked for awhile and you are correct they have to get approval from the NFL to cash your check. I do not think the Packers have a treasurer position any more so yes send it to the accounting or finance office. I have sent letters a few times to coaches. I did receive a letter in return during the off season every time.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But to offer to send a multi million dollar team some money just reads like a joke to me.
To those of us who bought stock, it doesn't.

I bought stock not to merely support for my favorite team, but to support what I believe is the proper way to pay for stadiums. The fans/teams should pay for it IMO, so I backed up my political rhetoric.

Also, chicocheese may get a good feeling by knowing that he has somehow financially supported his favorite team. That's no joke. He's in his late-20s now and probably wants to give back to the team that has given him good memories throughout his childhood. There's no joke in that either

H

HardRightEdge

--Rob.

But a piece of Packer merchandise instead if you feel like making some contribution to the bottom line.

OP
OP
Chicocheese

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To those of us who bought stock, it doesn't.

I bought stock not to merely support for my favorite team, but to support what I believe is the proper way to pay for stadiums. The fans/teams should pay for it IMO, so I backed up my political rhetoric.

Also, chicocheese may get a good feeling by knowing that he has somehow financially supported his favorite team. That's no joke. He's in his late-20s now and probably wants to give back to the team that has given him good memories throughout his childhood. There's no joke in that either

You hit it on the head, sir.

As I mentioned in my opening post I was unable to purchase stock the last two times that it has been available. I WANT to make a contribution to the team in any way that I can. Yes, I do purchase merchandise and I am sure that helps the team but how much can a $3.99 pennant really do? You folks can sit there at the stadium or on TV and say "Hey, I helped pay for and build that new HD jumbotron!" if you bought stock. That is a feeling I would LOVE to have. Since no stock is being offered currently, I would like to send a few bucks out to the Packers to just help in anyway that I can. As El Guapo said, they have given me a multitude of memories over my lifetime and if I can buy a jug of Gatorade to help the players out on a hot day then I want to do that for them.

Secondly, the reason I made this post is so that I know where to send this letter. My main idea behind the letter would be a little story about me, how long I have bled Cheddar, and what the Packers mean to me. I would like to thank them for always pointing north. I would also send them maybe $20 or so. Not because I am cheap, but because after rent, power, food, and everything else I have very little to spare.

Thank you to those who made meaningful contributions to this thread. It really meant a lot and helped me out.

--Rob.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasn't sure if the Packers were still doing this, but you can purchase a brick or tile that will be installed at Lambeau. Looks like the minimum investment is $75. I think this opportunity has been offered since 1997, so if you can't afford it now, maybe you can save a little at a time.

http://www.lambeaufieldbricks.com/

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You hit it on the head, sir.

As I mentioned in my opening post I was unable to purchase stock the last two times that it has been available. I WANT to make a contribution to the team in any way that I can. Yes, I do purchase merchandise and I am sure that helps the team but how much can a $3.99 pennant really do? You folks can sit there at the stadium or on TV and say "Hey, I helped pay for and build that new HD jumbotron!" if you bought stock. That is a feeling I would LOVE to have. Since no stock is being offered currently, I would like to send a few bucks out to the Packers to just help in anyway that I can. As El Guapo said, they have given me a multitude of memories over my lifetime and if I can buy a jug of Gatorade to help the players out on a hot day then I want to do that for them.

Secondly, the reason I made this post is so that I know where to send this letter. My main idea behind the letter would be a little story about me, how long I have bled Cheddar, and what the Packers mean to me. I would like to thank them for always pointing north. I would also send them maybe $20 or so. Not because I am cheap, but because after rent, power, food, and everything else I have very little to spare.

Thank you to those who made meaningful contributions to this thread. It really meant a lot and helped me out.

--Rob.

Really?

Unless you're sending a substantial amount, your gift will probably cost the organization more in time and resources to deal with any benefit it delivers. How much do you think half an hour of an administrative assistant's time costs? You're not treating anyone to a jug of Gatorade.

My advice: save the money so you can buy a share the next time the Packers have a stock offering. You know, where they're actually asking fans for voluntary contributions to fund specific improvements.

If Mark Murphy were here, he would tell you the same thing. This is stupid and I can't really mask my disdain. Perhaps decisions like these are the reason you have so little to spare after rent, utilities, and groceries. ****. Put the money into an emergency fund.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Why not call and speak to someone there..You will get your answer better than here

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Really?

Unless you're sending a substantial amount, your gift will probably cost the organization more in time and resources to deal with any benefit it delivers. How much do you think half an hour of an administrative assistant's time costs? You're not treating anyone to a jug of Gatorade.

My advice: save the money so you can buy a share the next time the Packers have a stock offering. You know, where they're actually asking fans for voluntary contributions to fund specific improvements.

If Mark Murphy were here, he would tell you the same thing. This is stupid and I can't really mask my disdain. Perhaps decisions like these are the reason you have so little to spare after rent, utilities, and groceries. ****. Put the money into an emergency fund.

You have to be crazy if you think Murphy would tell a fan willing to give to the team that...... doubt you are even close with the words are putting in his mouth. Why make a mean/nasty comment like that when the guy is just trying to do something good, weather it is a little or a lot?

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really?

I have to say jb82 is right. Unless you're giving $100 or more, the Packers are probably spending more in wages paying people to process your gift and you would likely be costing them money.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have to be crazy if you think Murphy would tell a fan willing to give to the team that...... doubt you are even close with the words are putting in his mouth. Why make a mean/nasty comment like that when the guy is just trying to do something good, weather it is a little or a lot?

Because the poster indicated that he can afford little above and beyond rent, utilities and groceries. I think you have to be crazy to think that a thoughtful CEO like Murphy would encourage such a fan to make a token gift to the Packers when the responsible thing to do is put the money aside for an emergency. What happens when Rob (inevitably) has a sudden large and necessary expense?

It's called tough love...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I can't stop Rob from doing what he likes but your position on this is both moronic and ethically questionable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts