I would just like to ask one thing

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before I start, I would just like to say that I respect everyone's opinions--if you want to think a certain way, go ahead. And I'm not trying to provoke a huge argument (although I am expecting a few flames...), I just wanted to make this one comment.

After reading many different threads on this board, I have seen time and time again that you alleged GB fans are turning on your former heros, idols, players, etc. after they leave. Provided that some leave by rather immature actions or making negative comments about the organization/city/management, I still see no reason for all the bashing of these former players.

By making one comment on their way out the door, these players have become public enemy number one despite all the blood, sweat, and tears they have put back into the organization.

So I was just wondering if when Favre retires or leaves GB for another team, if some people on here are going to start hating on him? I think it's hypocritical to do something like this, and I don't agree with any of it.

Discuss.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never been done by me my friend, Never :wink: and whoever would bash Brett if he was to leave or choose another team I just don't understand !!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Favre left to another team, I would hate on him, because he said he would never do that. It would make him a huge hypocrite. Would I love what he did in GB? Yes. Would I remember it and get all fuzzy inside, yes. But what I hate what he did if he left, and how he did it, you bet.

I,personally, don't hate on everybody who leaves. Diggs is gone, and he was classy all the way, just like Nate Wayne. Flangan is the same right now. I like those guys and wish them all luck.

I, personally, don't judge these guys by JUST what they do on sundays, I judge their words and actions off the field too.

Some guys I wanted to leave before they even did (Sharper) so when those guys left, it wasnt a big deal.

But if Favre ever went to another team, after his thing with javon about loyalty and honoring your contract, I would flip out on him. You're damn straight. I'd be so mad at him, but id still love him.

But guys like longwell and sharper who leave and talk ****. They can suck a fat one. There is no class with them.

greenbegas

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jeesusjuice. You obviously are not from Green Bay or have the same standards that many of us have.

Longwell ripped our town. There is one thing that will spark a fight and that's if you rip on Green Bay. His comments were not called for. And for the record, I have been critical of his kick-offs for a few years now.

As far as Walker is concerned, I liked the way he played when he was healthy, but he is acting like an immature kid who scored a 6 on the Wonderliche. He deserves little respect.

As far as Favre goes. He can do whatever he wants and I will always love him. He has brought me so much joy in my spectating, I feel so lucky to have gotten to watch him play. When I attended his first start against the Steelers in 1992, I saw the start of a legend and that is something I will never forget.

Green Bay is a great town, but it is what it is. It is a small town. There isnt tons of crime, hookers, drugs etc etc. If there are few restaurants, so be it. I will take it over Minneapolis any time.

OP
OP
J

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
greenbegas said:
Jeesusjuice. You obviously are not from Green Bay or have the same standards that many of us have.

Longwell ripped our town. There is one thing that will spark a fight and that's if you rip on Green Bay. His comments were not called for. And for the record, I have been critical of his kick-offs for a few years now.

As far as Walker is concerned, I liked the way he played when he was healthy, but he is acting like an immature kid who scored a 6 on the Wonderliche. He deserves little respect.

As far as Favre goes. He can do whatever he wants and I will always love him. He has brought me so much joy in my spectating, I feel so lucky to have gotten to watch him play. When I attended his first start against the Steelers in 1992, I saw the start of a legend and that is something I will never forget.

Green Bay is a great town, but it is what it is. It is a small town. There isnt tons of crime, hookers, drugs etc etc. If there are few restaurants, so be it. I will take it over Minneapolis any time.
The smallest town which has its own NFL team will not keep all multi-millionaire players happy.

The Wonderlic Test has nothing to do with performance on a football field.

You obviously like the small town life. However, not everyone does, and you shouldn't hold that against someone because they have a different personality than you.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:shock: Most on this forum only attack players that leave when they show no class and rip the Packers. Most understand when a player goes elsewhere it's to his advantage and as long as they show some form of appreciation for gettiing the opportunity to play in Titletown we wish them well and will even cheer them when they return for a game. No, we don't rip ex-Packer players unless they earn it.

OP
OP
J

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
chibiabos said:
:shock: Most on this forum only attack players that leave when they show no class and rip the Packers. Most understand when a player goes elsewhere it's to his advantage and as long as they show some form of appreciation for gettiing the opportunity to play in Titletown we wish them well and will even cheer them when they return for a game. No, we don't rip ex-Packer players unless they earn it.
Yeah, I understand that, but I don't think the little things that some of them do (Longwell, for example) deserves all the bashing. I could see if someone pulled a TO to GB, but anything less than that is questionable in my opinion.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
chibiabos said:

:agree:

greenbegas

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JeezusJuice said:
greenbegas said:

The smallest town which has its own NFL team will not keep all multi-millionaire players happy.

You obviously like the small town life. However, not everyone does, and you shouldn't hold that against someone because they have a different personality than you.

I don't agree with you one bit jesusjuice... If the Wonderlich had nothing to do with performance on the football field, scouts and teams wouldn't even consider it. There is solid proof, statisically speaking, the less you score on the test, the poorer the player may perform... I stress "statisically," there are always exceptions. As for not holding anything against Longwell, I guess you just don't get it, do you?
There is a classy way to leave and things you just don't say. Being sarcastic and ripping on a small town like GB is just the wrong way to go about it. Also, you started this post saying that you didn't want to start an argument, but that's exactly what you started the post for. Don't think we are stupid. Come on man.

OP
OP
J

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
greenbegas said:
JeezusJuice said:
greenbegas said:

I don't agree with you one bit jesusjuice... If the Wonderlich had nothing to do with performance on the football field, scouts and teams wouldn't even consider it. There is solid proof, statisically speaking, the less you score on the test, the poorer the player may perform... I stress "statisically," there are always exceptions. As for not holding anything against Longwell, I guess you just don't get it, do you?
There is a classy way to leave and things you just don't say. Being sarcastic and ripping on a small town like GB is just the wrong way to go about it. Also, you started this post saying that you didn't want to start an argument, but that's exactly what you started the post for. Don't think we are stupid. Come on man.
*hostile argument, I wanted a discussion (argument), not hostile. Be cool.

The Wonderlic Test is an intelligence exam that assess aptitude for learning a job and adapting to solve problems for employees in a wide range of occupations (source). Please tell me how this has anything to do with playing football. I think you, and everyone else, are letting the "statistics" (which I see no documentation of in your post, or maybe I am the stupid one) speak for more than they should be.

A higher Wonderlic score means a higher intelligence, of course, and a more intelligent player may do better in the NFL, but this isn't always the case. The intelligence of a player and everything else that makes him a successful player (intangibles plus athletic ability) are so inextricably conjoined that everyone just assumes a high Wonderlic score equals a more successful career, and vice versa. Intelligence could certainly help on the field, but it is not a necessity.

Sample of the WPT from ESPN.com. I don't think it requires Insider, but if it does, tell me, and I'll copy and paste it.

greenbegas

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can name many players who scored low on the test that performed poorly in their careers... Jeff George, Daunte Culpepper, Todd Maranovich, Leshon Johnson, etc etc... It has to do with quick decision making "on the field."

Tom Brady, Matt Leinart, Eli and Peyton Manning all scored high on the Wonderliche. You decide if it has nothing to do with on the field performance.

There will be exceptions as always, but the majority of the players who score high are good on the field and off.

OP
OP
J

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
greenbegas said:
I can name many players who scored low on the test that performed poorly in their careers... Jeff George, Daunte Culpepper, Todd Maranovich, Leshon Johnson, etc etc... It has to do with quick decision making "on the field."

Tom Brady, Matt Leinart, Eli and Peyton Manning all scored high on the Wonderliche. You decide if it has nothing to do with on the field performance.

There will be exceptions as always, but the majority of the players who score high are good on the field and off.
Yeah, when I played football I know number sequences, geometric figures, and inductive reasoning problems always just popped into my head when the ball was snapped. It was crazy; I couldn't concentrate. Every time the snap came, "Triangle has how many sides?"; "1...1...2...3...5...?"; "Tires are made of rubber. Rubber is waterproof. All tires are waterproof."

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Also, congratulations on providing examples to support your argument and ignoring that which contradicts it.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Favre left for another team I would respect him. If he bashed my city I would lose some respect for him...

With that said Favre's not going to leave Green Bay and even if he would he would never bash the city like Longwell did..

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
If Favre left to another team, I would hate on him, because he said he would never do that. It would make him a huge hypocrite. Would I love what he did in GB? Yes. Would I remember it and get all fuzzy inside, yes. But what I hate what he did if he left, and how he did it, you bet.

I,personally, don't hate on everybody who leaves. Diggs is gone, and he was classy all the way, just like Nate Wayne. Flangan is the same right now. I like those guys and wish them all luck.

I, personally, don't judge these guys by JUST what they do on sundays, I judge their words and actions off the field too.

Some guys I wanted to leave before they even did (Sharper) so when those guys left, it wasnt a big deal.

But if Favre ever went to another team, after his thing with javon about loyalty and honoring your contract, I would flip out on him. You're damn straight. I'd be so mad at him, but id still love him.

But guys like longwell and sharper who leave and talk ****. They can suck a fat one. There is no class with them.

Gee there's a shock! You hate on Favre now and he still is a Packer!

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have not seen "bashing" of Flanagan, Nall, Fisher, Lenon, or Chatman. These players played to the best of their ability and were not a problem. I wish them well. The Packers would not pay what other teams are and the Packers want to go in a different direction with Chatman and younger blood in the case of Flanagan.

I feel differently about some of those who have not been signed anywhere like Hunt and Jackson.

If you see how people greet Bart Starr at Fan Fest and consider some of the disappointment some fans felt about him as coach, one can be assurred that Brett will always be greeted warmly in Green Bay.

When upgrades over Martin, Carroll, Walker, and Ferguson are found I will be pleased. They are the last of the bad attitudes yet to be purged. Thompson has sure changed the attitude and character of the team in a little more than a year.

Thompson is not bringing in bad character guys. Most of the team stuck together last year. There will be a better attitude this year and still better in 2007.

Ted has gathered the young talent and it is up to McCarthy to develop them into champions. There is no ill will to those who are not good enough to participate.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
aww, you didnt even read my post. thats just sad.
:twisted: Ahhh! Tro; perhaps he did read it, but a lo Wonderlic prohibited comprehension. LOL I think that one has to understand that although one may not no how to sign ones name, does not mean a low Wonderlic, and the NFL has had an abundance of those in its ranks. It only means that if you are capable of reading and understanding what you've read are you capable of adequate implementation of plans and alternate possibilities in a fairly rapid manner. Therefore the Wonderlic does have substantial application to football players.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
greenbegas said:

That seems to be your opinion, not "solid proof statistically speaking" as you stated in your previous post.

Members online

Latest posts