I was right about Crosby

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't care about other teams, I care about the Packers and our inability to trust in Crosby! C'mon man! Crosby is like Shayne Graham...you know he is good, but you also know that he will miss the damn fg.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I honestly think it's just a trend in NFL kickers right now. I mean, look at that fg by Rackers, who is certainly one of the elite kickers in the league. That would've been a missed XP!

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Missed two against the jets, missed some importants during the season...

2006: the bengals need to beat the Steelers to go to the playoffs...crosby kick from inside de 40...with seconds left...and misses. Game goes to OT, Steelers win, Bengals out of the season.

Crosby nails it when we are already beating the other team...when we need him to win the game, he fails.

OP
OP
Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Missed two against the jets, missed some importants during the season...

2006: the bengals need to beat the Steelers to go to the playoffs...crosby kick from inside de 40...with seconds left...and misses. Game goes to OT, Steelers win, Bengals out of the season.

Crosby nails it when we are already beating the other team...when we need him to win the game, he fails.

geez he misses a FG in the playoffs there is a differnece between a regular and post season game.

AzPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Found one...

You listed a bunch of misses, they dont kick 100% of there kicks. FInd me a kicker who never missed and played for at least 3 years!

Adam Vinatieri

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
Adam Vinatieri
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Adam Vinatieri in 2007No. 4 Indianapolis ColtsPlacekickerPersonal informationDate of birth: December 28, 1972 (1972-12-28) (age 37)Place of birth: Yankton, South DakotaHeight: 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)Weight: 202 lb (92 kg)Career informationCollege: South Dakota StateUndrafted in 1996Debuted in 1996 for the New England PatriotsCareer history As player:
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics as of Week 10, 2009Field Goals Made 337Field Goals Attempted 411Field Goals % 82.0Long Field Goal 57Stats at NFL.comAdam Matthew Vinatieri (born December 28, 1972 in Yankton, South Dakota) is an American football placekicker currently playing for the Indianapolis Colts. He has played in five Super Bowls, four with the New England Patriots and one with the Colts, winning all but one. Vinatieri won a Super Bowl in 2007 with Indianapolis and won Super Bowls in 2002, 2004, & 2005 with the Patriots. Vinatieri is the first kicker ever to play in five Super Bowls and win four Super Bowl rings. His only Super Bowl loss came in Super Bowl XXXI in 1996, against the Green Bay Packers, 35-21.
Vinatieri is generally considered to be one of the best clutch kickers in the history of the National Football League.[1] Nicknamed "Automatic Adam" for his accuracy, and "Iceman" for his incredible poise under pressure, Vinatieri has converted several of the most crucial field goals in NFL history, including game-winning kicks in the final seconds of two Super Bowls (XXXVI, XXXVIII).
Contents

[hide]
[edit] Personal

Adam and his wife Valeri and their two children reside in Carmel, Indiana during the football season and Celebration, Florida during the off-season. He is the second of four children. His great-great grandfather is Felix Vinatieri, an Italian immigrant who served as Lt Col George Armstrong Custer's bandmaster [2][3]. Adam said in an interview that Lt Col Custer told Felix Vinatieri to head back to camp instead of going ahead with the regiment to Little Big Horn, and that this decision saved his great-great grandfather's life. He is also a third cousin to the famous daredevil, Evel Knievel.[4]
A collection of Felix Vinatieri manuscripts and instruments can be found at the National Music Museum located in Vermillion, South Dakota.[5]
His hobbies include hunting, riding motorcycles and golfing.
[edit] Career

[edit] High School

Adam attended Central High School (Rapid City, South Dakota) and was a letterman in football, wrestling, basketball, cross country, soccer, and track. In football, he earned first team All-State honors as a senior. He graduated from Central High School in 1991.
[edit] College career

Vinatieri was originally recruited to kick for Army and attended West Point for two weeks in 1991 before deciding to return home to South Dakota.[6] He was a four-year letterman at South Dakota State University as a placekicker and punter. He finished up his college years of football as the school's all-time scoring leader with 185 career points scored. (His younger brother Beau was a place kicker at Black Hills State University before graduating in 2003).
[edit] Early Professional Career

He spent the fall of 1995 training to compete professionally. He received a tryout for the World League of American Football (later rebranded as NFL Europe), now defunct, and earned a roster position with the Amsterdam Admirals as a placekicker and punter.
[edit] New England Patriots

In 1996, he was signed by the Patriots as an undrafted free agent to be a place kicker. He played in New England for the first 10 years of his NFL career, during which he played in four Super Bowls, winning three. His first Super Bowl appearance was in his rookie season of 1996, when he played with the Patriots in their 35-21 loss to the Green Bay Packers in Super Bowl XXXI. One of his kickoffs in the Super Bowl was returned by Desmond Howard a Super Bowl record 99 yards for a touchdown, winning the game for Green Bay.
In the 2001 playoffs, during a blizzard against the Oakland Raiders in the final game at Foxboro Stadium, Vinatieri kicked a 45-yard field goal to tie the game 13-13 and send it into overtime. The Patriots then won the game on another field goal of 23 yards by Vinatieri.
In Super Bowl XXXVI he kicked a 48-yard field goal on the final play to give the New England Patriots their first Super Bowl victory, a 20-17 win over the St. Louis Rams. Two years later, and in an almost identical situation, he kicked a 41-yard field goal with 4 seconds left in Super Bowl XXXVIII to boost the Patriots to another championship (after missing one field goal and having another attempt blocked in the first half). This time, the Patriots defeated the Carolina Panthers, 32-29, making Vinatieri the first player ever to be the deciding factor in two Super Bowl games (Vinatieri kept the balls used on both of these kicks).
Vinatieri led the NFL in scoring in 2004 with 141 points (31-for-33 on field goals, and a perfect 48-for-48 on points after touchdown or PATs). His best game of the season came against the St. Louis Rams, against whom he scored 16 points (4 field goals, 4 PATs), and threw a 4-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Troy Brown on a fake field goal attempt (that pass gives him a career passer rating of 122.9). [7] He went on to score a field goal and 3 extra points in the Patriots 24-21 win over the Philadelphia Eagles in Super Bowl XXXIX.
To date, Vinatieri has kicked 20 game-winning field goals with less than one minute remaining (out of 21 attempts; his lone miss came in 1999), including those mentioned in the postseason. At the conclusion of the 2005 season, he had a career field goal percentage of 81.9 percent (263/321), fifth highest in NFL history. His career long is 57 yards.

In 2004 he never missed a PAT. He was (in all fairness) 31 of 33 on his field goal attempts. I would be happy with Mason if he had those numbers.:icon_biggrin:

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You see...even when Vinatieri failed, you knew you could count on him when it mattered the most. Mr. Clutch.
Crosby? Also Mr. Clutch...for the other team. They can count that Crosby will miss.

AzPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
geez what do I say?

Oh ye Adam kicked a FG in the Superbowl, oh well thats 1 player, congrats on finding him :D

Not only did I find him, but the Packers tried him out in 2006 after shoving Longwell out the door (dumb move). How come we didn't sign him? Why didn't we just keep Longwell? No, no we had to get us a Crosby...I'm sorry you love him so much, but he is no Longwell or Vinatieri, heck, he's not even a Vanderjact. Top tier NFL teams know that the kicker DOES matter in clutch games. I think I can say that most users on this board have very little confidence in Crosby when it is clutch time. Now, honestly a 54 yarder is frickin long! How can he make a 52 yarder last week in the same stadium, then miss a 54 yarder a week later? That inconsistancy just drives me nuts. We better try out other kickers next year, and God forbid if we keep him, he better improve!

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Longwell was asking for a lot of money. Looking over that the Pack cut him, they probably should have gotten the deal done.

OneHotelFoxtrot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
haha I really think the Crobsy lover is just laughing it up on the other side of his/or her monitor. There is no way you can really love him as our kicker that much. He really just isnt a solid kicker.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would still rather watch Crosby kick :)
Well ya you should after watching me kick. I have no idea how I would do.

Though kicker is my dream position on the football team.
Not much chance for getting injured and that's where I'd be the best at compared to other positions.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not much chance for getting injured and that's where I'd be the best at compared to other positions.

Yea, unfortunately it would have been too much of a blessing if, god forbid, Crosby got injured.

I mean, because 75% overall is an outstanding percentage when regarding FG's. (57% from 40-49). Utter *****. Good Bye Mr. Crosby.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts