I think I figured out McCarthy!

ClemsonFan

New Era Packers Fan
Reaction score
I think it's better to RUTS it and win (Run Up The Score) than to lose.on My academic team last year, we used the RUTS acronym and showed no mercy on the other teams. We won the local league championship that way, (I was a backup and saw no playing time in the local league games even though I started 3 out of 4 games the previous year) but in the nationals, my team didn't do so well but we still RUTSed it when we could. And on my madden franchises back on madden07 for the wii, I always RUTSed it to inflate stats. I don't RUTS so much on video games anymore but I do it sometimes. Back to the topic, its better to send in backups only when it's in the 4th quarter up by at least 25 pounts and there's no way to lose it for the reason of injury prevention.

Reaction score
Weren't we super aggressive in the 1st half against seattle and the 2nd half against indy?
then we went to basics - ran it - checked it down - milked the clock and scored 2 tds on seattle - didn't give up a sack - meanwhile all we did against indy in the 2nd half was attempt to throw it downfield when their d was ready for it - 3 & out without milking any clock - our D gets tired - bam - choke a huge lead.

I think our offense isn't conservative enough tbh, all these fancy shotgun, "Hey Aaron, hold it for 5 seconds" mike martz/andy reid type plays was annoying me earlier this season.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
No kidding? Today is McCarthy's birthday too? .... Well then, he and I share the day with the birthday of the United States Marine Corps (Semper Fi, brothers) and the sinking of the Edmund Fitzgerald...yeah...the legend lives on from the Chippewa on down...(sorry, don't mean to confuse you young guys ;) )

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy taking a knee there proves absolutely nothing. When 3 knees will end the game and the other team can't stop it, 90% of teams are taking the knee there. I don't see the controversy. I can't imagine the backlash if they run it and Green or Starks tears an ACL. You've got the game won already. Is there a need to tick the other team off and give yourself a reputation for 7 points?

As for the playoff tiebreaker system, under the current system it has never once come down to anything further down on the list than strength of victory. If that's your argument, then you may as well run up the score in every possible situation all season.

Members online

Latest posts