I sure am glad we didn't give Walker a big contract

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Injuries happen when you miss camps...

I am glad we didnt give him a big contract and then have him get hurt.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So,what happens to his contract next year if this takes him out the rest of the season? No big money?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
wischeez said:
So,what happens to his contract next year if this takes him out the rest of the season? No big money?

I would say they still give him a new contract but no where near what he would have had.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
tromadz...

what a ******* thing to say...he had his knee blown-out on a tackle...it has NOTHING to do with holding out of camp...

maybe this is why players hold out and try to get more money because at any time they can be cut or get and injury they can't come back from....do you understand that..i mean..can you comprehend it?

"NFL contracts are the modern day version of the slave trade...a player can just be sold down the river".
--Drew Rosenhaus

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz: Don't you think you are going just a little bit too far in trying to put a positive spin on something bad? I mean, this is kind of a stretch to say the least. And what makes you think that Walker got injured because he missed the minicamps? Jeez, the guy has been in training camp for six weeks or so, and was fully up to speed for the regular season. He just got tackled awkwardly. That can happen to anyone. Let's hope that somehow this injury is not as bad as it looks. Losing a player like Walker for the season is not something to be taken lightly.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack66

Bravo! Great point! See my post in the other thread.

The heading of this thread makes me ill.

"I am sure glad we did not give Walker a big contract."

This was not a hamstring injury.... Or an injury due to lack of training.

I shall pray this evening that he has not had his career snatched from under him.

R.P.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
tromadz...

what a ******* thing to say...he had his knee blown-out on a tackle...it has NOTHING to do with holding out of camp...

maybe this is why players hold out and try to get more money because at any time they can be cut or get and injury they can't come back from....do you understand that..i mean..can you comprehend it?

"NFL contracts are the modern day version of the slave trade...a player can just be sold down the river".
--Drew Rosenhaus

It's common for hold outs to get injured. Remember Levens? He's the first that came to mind. I'm not saying its DIRECTLY linked, but it is something to consider.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its been well documented, holdout guys are more prone to injury.

And pack, can i comprehend your obvious statement..yeah i can.

here is the point. You pay someone 10 dollars to mow your grass for 3 weeks. Then he gets sick, and can only get 2. damn, you're out money. But if you deal with him after his sickness, you dont have to worry about being out 1 weeks productivitypay.

I still want javon, and i want him to get paid, but him not getting his deal now helps us this year, cap room wise.

can you comprehend it?

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Slick: I remember what happened to Levens, but as I recall, that was a VERY different situation from Walker's. The way I remember it, Levens missed all of training camp (not just minicamps) and in the first game of the year Holmgren ran him like a dog until he got injured. Although Holmgren obviously did a super job overall as coach of the Packers, I will never forgive him for that. Levens missed almost the entire season, the Packers got a lousy playoff seeding, and lost in the first round.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Injuries happen when you miss camps...

I am glad we didnt give him a big contract and then have him get hurt.
Wow! You are a real loyal fan eh? I am embarassed that you live in Chicago. If Favre goes down next week, do you jump for joy about the start of the Aaron Rodgers era?

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow, this is the first time my loyalty has been questioned. I am loyal to the team, not the person.

If we did sign walker to a nice long, expsnive deal, we would have lost the money, and a year of javon productivity. As it turns out, we're not in that bad situation. Walker still has another year on his contract AFTER this year.

So..phil...silence.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
wow, this is the first time my loyalty has been questioned. I am loyal to the team, not the person.

If we did sign walker to a nice long, expsnive deal, we would have lost the money, and a year of javon productivity. As it turns out, we're not in that bad situation. Walker still has another year on his contract AFTER this year.

So..phil...silence.
Sorry but "we" don't lose a nickle now do "we"?

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well the fans of green bay sure do own the team, but I wouldnt expect a bears fan to know that.

I expect a better retort

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
well the fans of green bay sure do own the team, but I wouldnt expect a bears fan to know that.

I expect a better retort
Let it go. You made a dumb comment and I am not the only one to say so.

Members online

Latest posts