I need your help with FPL Mock Draft

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey folks-

So I'm pretty active over on the Footballpros.com site, which is run by Cris Collinsworth and a few other NFL personnel, writers, etc. It's honestly a great place to talk all things NFL, and Cris and his other pros actually do participate with the users in the discussion.

Anyway. they're having their first mock draft this year, but it will be a bit different- Rather than your typical "My mock draft" posts you see everywhere, we the fans will be serving as GM's of our teams and will be selecting from the list of players available. Consider it a fantasy live draft if you will. I am the GM for the Packers.

Article: Sign up to Be a General Manager for Our Mock Draft: Only 32 Slots Availabl

The event will take place in a couple weeks, probably in the form of a chat room or something. The idea is to see how close we can get to the actual draft that takes place. Initially we're only doing one round as a test run, but we'll eventually do 4 rounds.

What I need from you is a list of players I should select with the #32 pick and why. It's possible the players on our list are taken by the time it's our turn to draft, so having several choices would be ideal.

By the way, you guys are encouraged to participate in the discussion too. Should be fun!

OP
OP
SpartaChris

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like a big waste of time, have fun.

Yup, you're probably right. So is participating on a discussion forum, engaging in such discussions as "Which top free agent would you select?", "Which team is better- 1997 or 2010?", or "My depth chart prediction."

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If CB Brandon Harris is still their from Miami he would be a decent pick. Good size and great speed. With Woodson mentoring him we could a have another great CB after Woodson retires. Not sure if he will drop that far.

Calhoun Lambeau

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, you're probably right. So is participating on a discussion forum, engaging in such discussions as "Which top free agent would you select?", "Which team is better- 1997 or 2010?", or "My depth chart prediction."

It just seems like a lot of work and trouble to do something that in a month would be irrelevent, collecting people, getting into a chat, coordinating the picks, etc.

OP
OP
SpartaChris

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It just seems like a lot of work and trouble to do something that in a month would be irrelevent, collecting people, getting into a chat, coordinating the picks, etc.

Yeah, that's true. But it's also an opportunity to interact with some actual NFL insiders and learn a little more about what teams go through during this aspect of an NFL season.

But no worries. Not begging for people to participate, just looking for feedback. Make suggestions or don't, no biggie.

Cheesehead Brittany

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sounds like a fun timeburner :) i would say mark ingram, ryan mallet (just to screw another gm), aj green though i highly doubt he will be available

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts