I must have a heart condition..

c33j44y

Cheesehead
Reaction score
..because everytime I see Randall Cobb lined up to return a punt, I'm on the edge of my seat. I get that queasy feeling associated with the realization there may be a possible fumble.

Granted he is a rookie, and a productive one at that, Randall has the talent and the energy to make any Green Bay fan proud on special teams. However, does anyone else see a particular problem with how he's been fielding punts this season? I only expect him to improve from where we are at. The shutout of the Minnesota Vikings would have made it a little bit sweeter though.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
..because everytime I see Randall Cobb lined up to return a punt, I'm on the edge of my seat. I get that queasy feeling associated with the realization there may be a possible fumble.

Granted he is a rookie, and a productive one at that, Randall has the talent and the energy to make any Green Bay fan proud on special teams. However, does anyone else see a particular problem with how he's been fielding punts this season? I only expect him to improve from where we are at. The shutout of the Minnesota Vikings would have made it a little bit sweeter though.
Naw, It'll be fixed. I like how they showed him pacing back and forth before the kickoff following the touchdown. You could see a mix of anger and determination on his face, like, I am going to take this ball to the house. He almost did.

SyX

Stranger in a strange land
Reaction score
You could have David Reed returning kicks like the Ravens did in Seattle. I'm pretty sure he had to walk home. Cobb will work on it and get better.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I want to keep him, cause the kid is going to be a star. a kick off return, a punt return, and he does manage to get good yardage.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

I'm with you to be sure...but he's an excitable kid...he'll be fine and as he matures, we'll just have to chew our fingernails down to the second knuckle. :)

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I think he'll get it figured out. But yeah, kickoff returns are a nail biter. But it was no different than last season when Tramon was back there. Now Cobb isn't all that much better when it comes to not muffing punts, but he is better at getting solid yardage after he gets it.

What I find nice about Cobb is that after he muffs one, he takes the next one and goes beast mode. If only the coaches can figure out how to get Cobb to run pissed off like that without costing us points, we'll be ballin

OP
OP
c33j44y

c33j44y

Cheesehead
Reaction score
haha, love all your guys replies. I have to say I'm thrilled we picked this guy up in the draft. It's almost as if we got a steal, no other teams had their sights set on him yet he's carrying himself as a true Packer. I do think he will be able to improve, he's a young and talented player. However, it's just interesting to see how all of us are so scrutinizing of our lagging defense (last night's game made me sleep better) yet there are some key issues needing to be resolved on special teams.

I mean ... WE ALMOST HAD A DAMN SHUT-OUT! :( ;)

Members online

Latest posts