I miss the "defense is the identity of our team" days

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was not long ago that that was the mantra of the team. Remember when Coach McCarthy used to say that and the Pack won a world championship with that philosophy? The D would carry the team when the O had a less than perfect day in 2010.

Our D has turned soft. There is still truth in the statement - defense wins championships. I sure hope our defense matures and continually gets better each week. Allowing teams to move the sticks at will is getting old fast.

OP
OP
LAG

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer defense got it's swagger back last night against Da Bears. Clay, Tramon, Charles and company have done the Packer nation proud.

Don't let up, keep the skewer on 'em this season green and gold D.

Go Pack Go!

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
It's hard to have the best of both worlds, steller D and a potent O. Let's just bask in glory over the teddy bears and look forward to seattle....with the way they looked, we should be a solid 2-1 soon.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It was not long ago that that was the mantra of the team. Remember when Coach McCarthy used to say that and the Pack won a world championship with that philosophy? The D would carry the team when the O had a less than perfect day in 2010.

Our D has turned soft. There is still truth in the statement - defense wins championships. I sure hope our defense matures and continually gets better each week. Allowing teams to move the sticks at will is getting old fast.

What game were you watching last night?

OP
OP
LAG

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GreenBlood, i know you mean well but you should have read the first two posts in this thread and observed dates that they where posted in relation to the two games played so far, before you replied.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
GreenBlood, i know you mean well but you should have read the first two posts in this thread and observed dates that they where posted in relation to the two games played so far, before you replied.

Yeah, didn't see that before. I assumed it was a new post because I hadn't seen it before. It must have slipped under the radar pretty quickly.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
It's still real early in the season, we've only played 2 games so far, and the defense did look great Thursday evening when they man handled Cutler. They made up for that bad performance against the 49ers, I'd say.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I need a little more time on that one, Bogie. ;) The Pack's defense hurt me to the core against the 9'ers.

That's not to say that the defense doesn't deserve a collective slap on the back and a huge "attaboy" for their effort against the Bears (who quite frankly have a pretty sh*tty O-line).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts