1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

I`m just uploading my wifes CD collection

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by buggybill2003, Nov 26, 2013.

1. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +1,076 / 15 / -7
    To an i-pod I`ve bought her, and discovered she listens to some terrible stuff when I`m not around :sick:
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +2,256 / 49 / -15
    In another thread you mentioned that you don't like David Bowie. (I'm not a fan either.)
    So who do you like?
    And want to share what you are discovering your wife listens to?
  3. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +1,076 / 15 / -7
    My wife listens to 70`s Brit pop, and show tunes. She also thinks she can sing (sadly not). It can sound like a cat being strangled :D. My tastes are Very diverse, from Alice Cooper, Black oak Arkansas, Lynard Skynard, etc to Alison Krauss and stuff like that. The only thing I cannot stand is modern jazz. I like Teddy Thompson, the McGarrigle sisters, Anouk (Dutch singer). Who`s your favorites ?
  4. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan USMC4EVER

Ratings Received:
    +1,139 / 72 / -13
    Packer Fan Since:
    I was more of a classic rock / modern rock guy, but living in the south for half my life now has turned me on to modern country music. I also listen to "some" hip hop / rap, mainly because that is what my son likes and we ride together in my truck a lot and that is when I most often listen to music. I do like to be diverse.
  5. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +918 / 16 / -9
    oooo... my wife has a **** load of Kenny G. I have thousands of paper cut on ear drums.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +1,076 / 15 / -7
    Thank the Lord thats done. I bought a large collection of old blues CD`s in a local charity shop, and put them on MY I-pod. Got the overwhelming urge to find my old harmonica....lol Neighbours will sell up with a bit of luck :p
  7. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan USMC4EVER

Ratings Received:
    +1,139 / 72 / -13
    Packer Fan Since:
    Dont suppose you have a banjo or a old 6 string either? You sound like you would easily make the transformation to a good ol country boy.....c'mon over the pond to NC and we can go mud slingin in my truck and shoot shot guns at innocent wild animals...lol
  8. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +1,076 / 15 / -7
    I DID have a banjo....lol I couldn`t get on with it. I play the uke if thats any use ??? :D
  9. Terre Haute Cheesehead

Terre Haute Cheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +176 / 5 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Music brightens my day, especially when my beloved Packers are NOT winning.....and I'm not used to that! I listen to a "classic oldies" station (plays hits from the 60's, 70's, 80's) based in Dallas, Texas, I think, that's aired nationwide and we have an excellent station called "The River" here in my city that plays "rock" classic oldies from the '60's, '70's and 80's. You'll hear a song either selected by the d.j. or requested by callers which was not the primary big hit song on an album (albums/8 tracks...shows my age), but it was one you may really have liked and was seldom, if ever played on air. They play a little bit of everything > Jethro Tull, Cream, Pink Floyd, Blue Oyster Cult, the Allman Bros., Stevie Ray Vaughan, Moodie Blues, Steppanwolf, Doors, etc. They played the entire "Johnny Winter and Live" cd the other night. Fantastic guitar! One of my favs :tup:

I heard this one today that I hadn't heard in a long time from Gary Moore & Greg Lake (Emerson, Lake & Palmer) :

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Terre Haute Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +176 / 5 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Funny you would mention K.G., weeds. Just yesterday they were playing that "soft sound" of Kenny G. while I was having my spine (and wallet) "manipulated" at the chiropractor. Got to admit....dude is talented (Kenny G.....that is) ;)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Terre Haute Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +176 / 5 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Nor am I a fan! Always got David Bowie and Billy Idol mixed up! :confused:

I did like "Major Tom" by David Bowie, but not much else. I liked "White Wedding" by Billy Idol, too.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Terre Haute Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +176 / 5 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    You play the harmonica, buggybill? I had a friend who could really play one. You mentioned "Black Oak Arkansas"....great harmonica in their songs. They used a lot of it in about everything on television back in the old days....westerns back in the 50's and 60's and "Twilight Zone" episodes, e.g. Loved it!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +1,076 / 15 / -7
    Have any of you heard "Honkin with Bobo " by Aerosmith ??? They do covers of old blues tunes that are amazing.
    My friend in America bought it for me 10 years ago. Awesome album.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Terre Haute Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +176 / 5 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    I've heard that song before! I'll have to pick that cd up. Thanks, bill. :tup:
  15. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +2,256 / 49 / -15
    Same as your wife.

Naw. Most of the musicians and bands I like are mostly either dead, or broken up.
    Classic rock. You know. Stuff where the music and lyrics mattered at one time.
    The Beatles, Grateful Dead, Donovan, The Doors, Johnny Cash, Fleet Foxes, Tom Petty, Pink Floyd, Simon & Garfunkel, Roy Orbison, Oasis and Woody Guthrie.

One of the genres I've really been getting into as I'm getting older is classical music. Mozart, Beethoven, Hayden and others. There is something that is just so beautiful and uplifting with music that is non-electronic with those sounds. I dunno what it is but it speaks to me for some reason.
    • Like Like x 1