I love Ted Thompson

RockyRaccoon

Day Tripper
Reaction score
Don't forget tackle. Shields, Williams, etc., get punked by bigger wideouts.

When Thompson does draft his next CB at some point he will be built. more like Richard Sherman than Sam Shields IMO.
I agree. Their tackling has been abysmal over the last few years. But this secondary is built to create takeaways, and the biggest strength of most of our DBs is their ball skills. Hopefully the pass rush is improved this year and we see more interceptions on the back end as a result.

D

Dan115

Do people really have knowledge of perspective GM's and their capabilities?? I think that is a bit of a silly question because I don't think it is answerable. Just because there is no obvious replacement/ better option doesn't mean that they don't exist. That being said, I think TT is doing a great job overall.

Why does all the ire rest on TT's shoulders? Sure he is the guy at the top but there is a slew of people in the Packers org that assist in his decision making process.

I love TT. I think he is the best thing that has happen to the Packers. People seem to think he is hurting the Packers, ok who would you replace him with??? I think very silly to hit on TT!!!

12theTruth

I wake up every morning and say "Ted Thompson is our GM, Mike McCarthy is our Head Coach and Aaron Rodgers is our quarterback. Boy, did God bless the Green Bay Packers."

But on a serious note, there were many doubters when Thompson came to town with McCarthy a year later. Not many people were willing to give him a chance when he went with Rodgers over Favre. Not many people wanted to see him build through the draft instead of sign big name free agents and let a few of our veterans walk. Not many people gave Thompson a chance and that made it even sweeter when he turned this talent-deprived team under Mike Sherman into a Super Bowl winning team, and perennial contender.

So, while I scroll through all these forums today, calling for a firing of half the organization and complaining about this-and-that, I'm comfortable because Ted Thompson is our GM, and as we learned last time he was under this much criticism, greener grasses are on the horizon.

I agree with you about how effective Ted Thompson is, but I see a real small percentage of Packer fans who are placing undue criticism on Thompson.

RockyRaccoon

Day Tripper
Reaction score
I agree with you about how effective Ted Thompson is, but I see a real small percentage of Packer fans who are placing undue criticism on Thompson.
Undue is right. Our front office, and Ted in particular, are well respected across the NFL. I think a lot of Packer fans, especially younger fans like myself, are spoiled. We're so used to being contenders year in year out. Fans of a lot of teams just want to be consistent playoff contenders. We're not happy if we're not winning the Super Bowl every year.

It's great that we can and do have high hopes. But we have to be realistic. The closest thing to a dynasty since the NFL instituted the salary cap was New England last decade, and they were the exception, not the rule.

Members online

Latest posts