I love our preparation

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
first and goal after a penalty and then we take a time out on third down and proceed to get two penalties and then another great call in protection and Favre fumbles the ball. It's the 8th game we've played and we still make these types of mistakes. I'm absolutely baffeled.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett seems to be having trouble w/ the wind. He's been badly overthrowing ppl, esp. Bubba when they had 1st and goal at the 2.

Like you said, ppl need to get their head out of their butts...2 consecutive false starts is inexcusable.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
Brett seems to be having trouble w/ the wind. He's been badly overthrowing ppl, esp. Bubba when they had 1st and goal at the 2.

Like you said, ppl need to get their head out of their butts...2 consecutive false starts is inexcusable.

still there is no excuse for this.

OP
OP
P

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two more penalties on one play, running into the kicker, blocking in the back and then on the next play, holding offensive line. We must have practiced really hard this week to be this ready.

OP
OP
P

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing is that these mistakes aren't just physical. They're mental mistakes which kind of indicates that their heads just aren't in the game. Does this sound familiar?

OP
OP
P

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he just pushed it. It's just so typical of the way this team has played all year. Basically what I see is a huge lack of focus and that has been there all year long. I'm not talking about all the injuries, I'm talking about mistake up on mistake that I believe comes when you don't have your head in the game. Sherman just made some stupid comment about fixing things and coming out and playing a heck of a second half. I hope that's the case

vixtalkn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya, Sherm really sounded convincing making that "we'll fix a few things" remark.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vixtalkn said:
Ya, Sherm really sounded convincing making that "we'll fix a few things" remark.

Who cares what he said to the reporter? It's what he says in the locker room that matters. We'll see what the 2nd half brings.

Hopefully they'll fix those mistakes and be able to finish off drives with a TDs.

OP
OP
P

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if these illegal shifts are coming as a result of all the new players? That was another tough call.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
I think he just pushed it. It's just so typical of the way this team has played all year. Basically what I see is a huge lack of focus and that has been there all year long. I'm not talking about all the injuries, I'm talking about mistake up on mistake that I believe comes when you don't have your head in the game. Sherman just made some stupid comment about fixing things and coming out and playing a heck of a second half. I hope that's the case
They played a heck of a 3rd quarter but after the TD it all came to an end.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If they're making mental mistakes Packed..because their "heads aren't in the game.." then who's responsibility is it to make sure that their heads are in the game?

Sure sounds like someone's losing this team....

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
If they're making mental mistakes Packed..because their "heads aren't in the game.." then who's responsibility is it to make sure that their heads are in the game?

Did you watch that game? Those guys played their hearts out out there. This is not in any way indicative of a coach who has lost the team. The Steelers are better end of story. Batch being in there gave us a shot, but we were simply overmatched today.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
P@ck66 said:

Did you watch that game? Those guys played their hearts out out there. This is not in any way indicative of a coach who has lost the team. The Steelers are better end of story. Batch being in there gave us a shot, but we were simply overmatched today.

Steelers were just a plain good team.

Reaction score
TO, you are right. From here on out, Pack will be overmatched facing other teams. MS has this team giving it there all, but with the talent they have left after injuries, their all isn't that much. This team is still one good draft away from contending once again.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
TO, you are right. From here on out, Pack will be overmatched facing other teams. MS has this team giving it there all, but with the talent they have left after injuries, their all isn't that much. This team is still one good draft away from contending once again.

You're last statement is true. Such is the state of the NFL. Guess we're putting a lot of stock in TT.
Hammer

Members online

Latest posts