I just got here but need to get this off my chest

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You guys are a trip! I post my thoughts opinions, feelings, beliefs and knowledge in this post, and what 2 days later y'all have made it about Favre. Get over it! Ted forced him out, he went to Minnesota, and went to the NFC Championship the year Aaron fumbled in Arizona. Just get over it already! That wasn't even THIS decade!

Are this clueless??

Bretts forum mentioned Rodgers wasnt a leader, then you mention it..

Nothing to do about stats, wins, losses, texts, phone calls, pushed out, un retire, retire, un retire, retire, or anything else..

Just a simple comparison I saw on that site, that was brought here BY YOU

Relax!!!!

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
They like to think they have, yet they gloat in the fact Rodgers and the Packers lost...

Well not ALL..There are a handful that do
Imagine that: They end up rooting against the team they supposedly supported. All because they believed a single player was more important than the team that made him rich and famous. And how did that player repay them? By selfishly betraying that team and then publically humiliating himself and his family.

CarolinaPackerFan

Packers fan in Panthers country
Reaction score
You guys are a trip! I post my thoughts opinions, feelings, beliefs and knowledge in this post, and what 2 days later y'all have made it about Favre. Get over it! Ted forced him out, he went to Minnesota, and went to the NFC Championship the year Aaron fumbled in Arizona. Just get over it already! That wasn't even THIS decade!

This NFC Championship game?
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
There's a Brett Forum? :eek: I liked him when he was a Packer but then I grew to hate him. I once was in love with a cute little 6th grade girl too, but alas that little beoitch cheated on me as well.

It's kind of a ghost town. A lot of anti-Rodgers sniping from a handful of people, mostly women.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It's kind of a ghost town. A lot of anti-Rodgers sniping from a handful of people, mostly women.

They have a thread mocking rodgers discount double check commercial..And brag how Brett got back to the SB..

Yet I think Rodgers has a few more years to get back there...Brett played at least 12 more years and didnt make it..So maybe Rodgers will never go again...But Rodgers has the MVP of the SB

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
They have a thread mocking rodgers discount double check commercial..And brag how Brett got back to the SB..

Yet I think Rodgers has a few more years to get back there...Brett played at least 12 more years and didnt make it..So maybe Rodgers will never go again...But Rodgers has the MVP of the SB

To their ears this might sound like heresy, but I wonder how much of Brett's Superbowl was Reggies?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
We are told Rodgers had a horrible stat game vs the Giants..

When pointed out Bretts int vs the Giants cost them the SB, we are informed that was a Ted and Ari spin job

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Why would anyone waste their time browsing Brett Favre forums? I know I surely won't. I prefer to avoid ignorant internet trolls as much as possible.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
They arent trolls, all others are when there

Eh, that's just a matter of semantics I guess. My main point is I personally have no desire to visit that site and never do. I expect to see lots of stupid posts on there and have yet to see any suggestions to the contrary. I prefer to stick to better boards. A Brett Favre website has nothing to offer me.

Reaction score
Oh Dear Lord is there really a Favre forum? I sense there will be a Peyton one soon. Maybe they can merge together?

"Is that you, John Wayne.....I mean Brett Favre? Is this me?"

I heard there was a BF sighting! He's still waiting at the airstrip for a plane from "somewhere" to transport him to yet another new team.

BF fans need to accept the fact that he had his day in the sun and he discovered the hard way that he was NOT bigger than the game itself.....at least not in Green Bay. Time to put this arguement in the rear view mirror and move forward.

LombardiChick

Reaction score

Maybe it's just me (and a couple of others here), but I thought getting back and losing so embarrassingly was far worse than not getting back at all. If you're going to look completely gassed, just do it before the Super Bowl and save everyone the trouble.

I have every expectation Rodgers will be back, and I fully expect it will turn out much better than XXXII.

Then the bar will raise again, no doubt.

And mocking the commercials? I guess they must have seen this: Ad execs say Rodgers is the most marketable player in the NFL.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My favorite video on youtube!
Hearing this makes me want to see the Packers play the Saints in the dome with the Packers winning to show Brent and the Vikes how to get it done.
Doesn't even have to be a playoff game.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Is that you, John Wayne.....I mean Brett Favre? Is this me?"

I heard there was a BF sighting! He's still waiting at the airstrip for a plane from "somewhere" to transport him to yet another new team.

BF fans need to accept the fact that he had his day in the sun and he discovered the hard way that he was NOT bigger than the game itself.....at least not in Green Bay. Time to put this arguement in the rear view mirror and move forward.
Thumbs up for the Full Metal Jacket reference.
They've been showing it on Encore cable movie channel.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I do think Rodgers is a great leader, so I disagree with the point there, I agree the season is a failure because we should have won the Super Bowl.
Chances like this don't come around often IF EVER. We didn't seal the deal.

I told you guys that we should move our home playoff games to Miami.
I bet you our guys wouldn't have fumbled 3 or 4 or 5 times in Miami.
I bet you Jennings doesn't drop a touchdown pass there.

Our team is a finesse team built for pinpoint, precise passing. We just wasted one golden opportunity for a Super Bowl, and back2back, PARTLY due to the fact that we are built for a dome or warm weather, not the old school frozen tundra power sweep stuff.
Nobody knows for sure what %age of our crap that game was due to coldish weather, or the Philibin kid mess, or the layoff. I maintain it all had some impact.

We didn't lose Rodgers to injury, or Matthews, or Woodson, or Jordy or Jennings.....
I'm just very disappointed in the egg-laying.

We sucked on defense and offense that game. And there were a few refs who were on our side too.
I just can't get over this bad taste from that game. It's like a horrible dessert after a nice 7-course meal.
I can't taste the meal anymore, just the bad aftertaste of some s**** so-called dessert!

L

Lunchboxer

Yes there is and you have to worship the almighty Brett Favre over there.
If you type one bad word about him, one good word about the Packers or even if they suspect that you like the Packers even a little bit in the Rodgers era, you may get banned. (That may be an exaggeration, but not much of one.)
It's mainly to love Favre and hate Ted Thompson and the current Packers.

I made an account over there called myself Lunchboxer and I got to 5 post before I got banned :giggle::sneaky:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me (and a couple of others here), but I thought getting back and losing so embarrassingly was far worse than not getting back at all. If you're going to look completely gassed, just do it before the Super Bowl and save everyone the trouble.

I have every expectation Rodgers will be back, and I fully expect it will turn out much better than XXXII.

Then the bar will raise again, no doubt.

And mocking the commercials? I guess they must have seen this: Ad execs say Rodgers is the most marketable player in the NFL.
That means more endorsements will probably go his way.
The article also mentioned Peyton Manning.
I liked him in those ads he did with Justin Timberlake. Those were funny.
And despite my misgivings, I think Brett was a good sport for doing this one.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I do think Rodgers is a great leader, so I disagree with the point there, I agree the season is a failure because we should have won the Super Bowl.
Chances like this don't come around often IF EVER. We didn't seal the deal.

Our team is a finesse team built for pinpoint, precise passing. We just wasted one golden opportunity for a Super Bowl, and back2back, PARTLY due to the fact that we are built for a dome or warm weather, not the old school frozen tundra power sweep stuff.
Nobody knows for sure what %age of our crap that game was due to coldish weather, or the Philibin kid mess, or the layoff. I maintain it all had some impact.

We didn't lose Rodgers to injury, or Matthews, or Woodson, or Jordy or Jennings.....
I'm just very disappointed in the egg-laying.

We sucked on defense and offense that game. And there were a few refs who were on our side too.
I just can't get over this bad taste from that game. It's like a horrible dessert after a nice 7-course meal.
I can't taste the meal anymore, just the bad aftertaste of some s**** so-called dessert!
Partly agree partly disagree Frank. We won the NFC championship in Chicago last year and it was pretty cold there as I recall.

Maybe overconfidence was a reason. My fall guy is the total lack of effort we saw by the defense all season.

LombardiChick

Reaction score
That means more endorsements will probably go his way.
The article also mentioned Peyton Manning.
I liked him in those ads he did with Justin Timberlake. Those were funny.
And despite my misgivings, I think Brett was a good sport for doing this one.

Peyton is really great and very natural on camera, imo.

I was a little surprised to see Brady on the list, only because he is so often in print ads and not in television ads (at least nationally - I think locally, he's appeared with some of the disadvantaged kids he helps). He seems a little shy, actually.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Packers shouldn't have to move anywhere to get it done.
They should stay right where they are and become the best team next time another comes into their house to show that they are the best at being right where they are.
Of course the NFL won't allow them to move to Miami. (Neither would the Packers organization.) That would be trying to get an advantage or sorta-like cheating.
The team that wins is the better team and the Packers for next time will have to do what it takes to be the better team while staying in Lambeau.

Members online

Latest posts