I just got here but need to get this off my chest

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Poster # 1

Rodgers got to complacent.
Rodgers isn't a good leader.
He can't play from behind and doesn't handle adversity well.

Poster # 2...That would be me. ;)

Largely because of him they achieved a 15-1 record.
He threw for 4,643 yards sitting out a game and 45 TD's
Defense was last in the league.

Someone needs a Dr. Phil intervention.

vancouverpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys,

No guy here, 30 plus year fan, and let me just start by saying 'I get it'. 15-1 best record ever.

With that said, what did 15-1 really get us? We made history as the FIRST team to get knocked out of the playoffs in their first playoff game.

Don't get me wrong, I remember the 80's very well. All the bad years, passing on Sanders to draft Mandarich, missing a shot at the playoffs because Minnesota won their final game in I think it was '89.

But despite all that, this loss to New York actually physically HURT! Not to mention after losing to Kansas City it P***ED me off! Why was nothing fixed after the Kansas City loss? Why were guys like Hawk allowed to get away with not tackling ALL year with no repercussions? Why was Finley continually allowed to drop balls all year like he had been eating fried grease before the games? Not to mention the fact that our quarterback who yes had a great year showed ZERO leadership or control over the team. The QB is the boss of the huddle and offense when they are on the field. Aaron at times should've been throwing guys stars or not out of the huddle for the way they were playing. And it's not just Aaron, I blame Hawk who calls the defense, and Woodson, the veteran for not showing leadership on that side of the ball.

I was almost over the loss, when I watched ESPN SportsCentury on Lombardi today, and even though he stopped coaching in GB 9 years before my birth, I KNOW the legend of Lombardi. You didn't walk into Green Bay and beat us in the playoffs! It was that way pretty much until Sherman got here, now come playoff time at home, we turn into freaking BUFFALO!

I know I'm probably gonna get shishka-bobbed by people who see 15-1 as a success. But I see this season as a true and total failure.

Ok rant done, and thank you for at least reading it.
Strangely, this is a good loss for the Packer's... meaning Rodger's is pissed... He has now become the "Leader" of that team... once and for all!!!
Listened to him on Rome's show today about the Pro Bowl... he was pissed at his team mates because they didn't play... ok it's the Pro Bowl, no one plays hard, they collect their cash, have a week in the sun and go home.

15-1, getting kicked at home doesn't seem to sit so well with him.

Mark my words, you will see a very different Rodger's next year.
You will see the greatest display of QB play anyone has ever seen!!

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Rodgers IS a leader!

Jesus, he was ON THE MONEY most of that game! It's so easy to blame the quarterback since you all love to rehash memories "Gee Favre was awful back then" but remember what you say about Rodgers playing poorly in that game when he would scramble to pick up first downs with his legs. And don't forget how angry he got when Finley dropped that 3rd down pass that was right on the money, and sealed the game for New York. People are too quick to say he was not trying or playing badly, he did his best with what he had. it's not his fault no one wants to catch the ball because they are scared they're going to get hit too hard (and that is 75% of the time the problem with Finley, when he knows the defensive back is a hard hitter, he'll drop it)

What I seen from Rodgers was a quarterback that put his body in risk to get first downs with his legs and he played his heart out. If anyone wanted to win that game the most it was him. He threw the most beautiful passes that our wide receivers dropped after they got on the pre gam show and bragged about how great they were.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This really isn't about Favre at all, I have no idea how anyone could make that leap. Like I said though if people wanna make it about that I got stats, so I can, I will, I'll win that argument. I REALLY DON'T WANT TO THOUGH!

Wow really?

Some Favre fans saying Rodgers isnt a leader..

You said Rodgers isnt a leader

Hence it sounded like a post on Bretts forum

Do I need to spell it out more?

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Please reread my post. Peyton is an ***** and regularily yells at players on any given unsuccessful play. He has only won 1 superbowl despite being one of the most "successful" Qbs in NFL history. Why? I think its because hes an a.ss and his team mates don't like him.

You response makes no sense. Are you under the impression that Montana was granted respect by his team mates as a rookie? He worked hard and earn it in the same manner that Rodgers is. Working hard; setting an example; and having respect for your team mates.

Well, I hear Luck is a super nice guy who has "Tebow like leadership" qualities. Except he can throw too.

As for Aaron, I sense he is the least of the Packers concerns lol. He is fine.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Wow really?

Some Favre fans saying Rodgers isnt a leader..

You said Rodgers isnt a leader

Hence it sounded like a post on Bretts forum

Do I need to spell it out more?

Oh Dear Lord is there really a Favre forum? I sense there will be a Peyton one soon. Maybe they can merge together?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh Dear Lord is there really a Favre forum? I sense there will be a Peyton one soon. Maybe they can merge together?
Yes there is and you have to worship the almighty Brett Favre over there.
If you type one bad word about him, one good word about the Packers or even if they suspect that you like the Packers even a little bit in the Rodgers era, you may get banned. (That may be an exaggeration, but not much of one.)
It's mainly to love Favre and hate Ted Thompson and the current Packers.

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more with all of you with your posts supporting Aaron and/or said it any better! I don't want to reset another Favre vs Rodgers feud, but I can't imagine any Packer fan thinking Aaron is not a team leader after what he has accomplished since following Favre . We had a makeshift O line for most of the season which resulted in our not having a great running game, we lost an outstanding defensive player in Collins and our defense was obviously not as good as last year, yet, Rodgers skillfully {with few picks} engineered this offense to a 15 win season. We just had a horrible game vs the Giants! Upsets are a part of sports. This is a very bitter pill to swallow knowing we won't be playing for #5 this Sunday, but it just gives me more incentive to look forward to next season and get back to the SB again. And I wouldn't want anybody but Aaron behind center to lead us back.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Yes there is and you have to worship the almighty Brett Favre over there.
If you type one bad word about him, one good word about the Packers or even if they suspect that you like the Packers even a little bit in the Rodgers era, you may get banned. (That may be an exaggeration, but not much of one.)
It's mainly to love Favre and hate Ted Thompson and the current Packers.

Oh dear. I am starting to sense a bit of this from some Colts fans too.

And I love your new sig description. Brady on the slide really fits with ANY occasion!

L

Lunchboxer

Rodgers put his heart and effort into that game when no one else did. Just like that Wild Card game against the cards Rodgers put the team on his back that game and came with in 1 play of winning.

Rodgers ran for first downs. I feel bad for him when he throws a perfect pass and no one catches it. Driver was the only guy besides Rodgers on the team that day that wanted to win.

OP sounds like a BF poster from the OBF board.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's a Brett Forum? :eek: I liked him when he was a Packer but then I grew to hate him. I once was in love with a cute little 6th grade girl too, but alas that little beoitch cheated on me as well.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's the web address to this "Brett Forum"....sounds like it'd be funny to check it out.
Oh dear. I am starting to sense a bit of this from some Colts fans too.
One other thing I realized to mention about the OBFF. (Official Bret Favre Forum.)
You have to sign up as a member even to just look and read the messages.
That's how paranoid and freakish they are.

Just wondering, do they drink a lot of Kool-aid there??
LOL
Yeah, they sure seem to.
We think there might even be lurkers from the OBFF reading here on this site.
(Hi guys! Aaron Rodgers is a better man that BrINT Fail. That is fact not opinion. Just thought you should know. Now go back to your big punch bowl of Kool Aid but only after you kiss BrINT's jock strap. Again.)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
One other thing I realized to mention about the OBFF. (Official Bret Favre Forum.)
You have to sign up as a member even to just look and read the messages.
That's how paranoid and freakish they are.

LOL
Yeah, they sure seem to.
We think there might even be lurkers from the OBFF reading here on this site.
(Hi guys! Aaron Rodgers is a better man that BrINT Fail. That is fact not opinion. Just thought you should know. Now go back to your big punch bowl of Kool Aid.)

There are some lurkers....

T

TheOnlyMeIKnow

You guys are a trip! I post my thoughts opinions, feelings, beliefs and knowledge in this post, and what 2 days later y'all have made it about Favre. Get over it! Ted forced him out, he went to Minnesota, and went to the NFC Championship the year Aaron fumbled in Arizona. Just get over it already! That wasn't even THIS decade!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys are a trip! I post my thoughts opinions, feelings, beliefs and knowledge in this post, and what 2 days later y'all have made it about Favre. Get over it! Ted forced him out, he went to Minnesota, and went to the NFC Championship the year Aaron fumbled in Arizona. Just get over it already! That wasn't even THIS decade!
You do come across as more of a Brett Fart fan than a Packers one.
Your the ONLY one here who is still doing this much screaming, crying and whining about the Packers playoff loss to the Giants.
The majority of us are over it and ready to move on.
We love our Packers.
Do you?

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
FACEMASK!!! FACEMASK!!!!!!!

L

Lunchboxer

Atleast your being honest about your intentions.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts