I HATE TED THOMPSON

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are some on this site who wish only to vent thier frustrations of this boneheaded GM. So, in order to prevent online riots and gang wars, (instead of The Sharks vs. The Jets, it'll be the Favre-Firsters vs. The TT-buttkissers) let's put the "Thompson is a *&*#$ing IDIOT!!!" talk in here.

Feel free to rationally discuss the developing situation in other threads, but why not do all the bashing and Packer-disowning in one neat, organized thread? Have at it kids!!!

:pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :D

Woodson_fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless favre is the starter day one now, Ted Thompson is the soul reason I left my life long favorite team for the New England Patriots(Michigan connection with Tom Brady). And I'm not a huge favre fan by any means, but I refuse to be a fan of a team managed by such a childish grey haired fool. Key to this is Favre rocks, second best QB in NFL last year vs. Rodgers, the man with glass bones.

NFL_GEEK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if TT doesn't want Favre back to GB...let him go play for any team he desires to.. i'm telling you...he's gonna get chase by WISCONSIN with a missle

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, what a terrible GM. I mean, once our current starter announces his retirement, TT has the audacity to move on, draft a young QB and start preparing a former 1st round pick to be the starter.

Stupid GM, he should have known Brett would want to come back, sold Aaron Rodgers to a band of gypsies and had zero QBs on the roster in July just so Favre would feel comfortable coming back. ;)

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won't bash a GM who has brought us this far without reason. I don't think moving on with the team after Brett retired is a reason.

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, what a terrible GM. I mean, once our current starter announces his retirement, TT has the audacity to move on, draft a young QB and start preparing a former 1st round pick to be the starter.

Isn't that terrible? I mean, most GMs would continue to pin their hopes to a 38 year old QB who retires in March, leads the team on and says he'll un-retire, and then pulls the rug out again and decides to stay retired. TT obviously should have waited for Favre to change his mind again. So simple! What an idiot! I could do his job!

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MY OPINION ON THIS FIASCO

First I would like to say that there are lot's of different media reports floating around. Favre wanted to come back in March, only welcome as a backup, TT and Co. moved on, etc.

I have been a Packers fan since the age of 5 and have been backing them long before #4 put on the Green and Gold. However, This thing is one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen in any sport. You can say anything you want about being a Favre Firster or whatever but I know it's a load of crap.

Brett wanted to play football again, which he has a right to do. People unretire everyday. My Father did it, not because of financial reasons but because he loved his line of work. You really don't know until the finality of it all hits you. You do something for your whole life and then one day it's gone and the boatload free time isn't all that great. It's not up to you, or me, to degrade a guy because he wants to do what he loves.

If Brett wanted to come back, he should have been welcomed with open arms and given the chance to at least COMPETE for the starting job, just like every member of this team has to do. It has nothing to do with his status or his legacy. It has everything to do with Brett giving this team the best chance to win. I can't imagine being a player for the Packers right now. The guy that led the troops within a FG's kick of the Super Bowl is not wanted back in place of the guy who's gets hurt everytime he falls down.

Perhaps Harris and Barnett, Collins and Driver, Moll and Grant, and so on should just practice at about half-speed, play without care, miss meetings and just plain screw off until Ted commits to quit planning for 2012 or whatever year. If you aren't going to play the best cards you have in your deck, why even have any? These guys bust thier balls everyday to win games now, not plan for 5 years from now. If I'm a Packers player right now, I think I would demand a release to a team who doesn't play the favorites game. Because A-rod's TT's boy, and can hide behind the "preparing for the future" guise, we just went from a Super Bowl contender to a Wildcard maybe.

I can't stand Ted, he is an absolute scumbag. This is reeking worse than Art Modell taking the Browns to Baltimore. It's not because he did it to Brett Favre, it's because he is short changing the fans and his own team to feed his ego. The guy on Mike and Mike said it this morning. Ted owes it to the fans and players to do whatever it takes to put the most competetive team on the field at any time, and by doing this, he's not.

I don't know what to think. I'm sickened by a portion of fans that I used to be so proud to be a part of and the way they have handled this. They want Brett to not come back to GB but in the same breath never want to see him in another uniform. So GB says we don't want you back and he's a ****** because he wants to play elsewhere. Why don't you tell him what he is supposed to do for the rest of his life because god forbid he wants to toss the ol' pigskin again coming off a year with 4000+ passing yards and 28 TD's. Completely disgraceful. I guess I bought into the "GB fans are the best" line of crap.

How do I logically be a fan of an organization that's led by a snake with an agenda? I feel sorry for A-Rod because now the pressure of following one of the greatest QB's ever has just became multiplied by 5. I feel sorry for Brett for being Backstabbed after giving everything he had to the fans and brass. I feel sorry for the players on this team who have to play for a power monger not interested at winning unless it's on his terms. I feel sorry for fans who have that sick feeling in thier stomach like I do over this whole mess.

I will still be cheering them on on Sundays but the losses won't hurt near as much and in Week 2 when A-Rod goes down with a broken leg I can't say I won't crack a little bit of a smile. When I see that grey-haired fool on TV with that look of frustration on his face after the Pack drop thier 5th in a row, I will flip him the bird and hold out hope for the future.

Call me "Favre Firster", Tell me how I'm not a fan, Call me a ******, Call me Dumb, Call me whatever you want because I have absolutely zero respect left for that portion of fans who are still backing the actions of Ted Thompson at the expense of Brett Favre.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Re: MY OPINION ON THIS FIASCO

I will still be cheering them on on Sundays but the losses won't hurt near as much and in Week 2 when A-Rod goes down with a broken leg I can't say I won't crack a little bit of a smile. When I see that grey-haired fool on TV with that look of frustration on his face after the Pack drop thier 5th in a row, I will flip him the bird and hold out hope for the future.

Call me "Favre Firster", Tell me how I'm not a fan, Call me a ******, Call me Dumb, Call me whatever you want because I have absolutely zero respect left for that portion of fans who are still backing the actions of Ted Thompson at the expense of Brett Favre.

Uggggh . . . wow.

Someone like this certainly makes me want to find a new packers forum.

Geeeez.

:shock: :shock:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

dd80forever said:

Uggggh . . . wow.

Geeeez.

Don't leave, Dodd, or any other Packers fans. They'll be gone soon.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score

DoddPower said:
dd80forever said:

Uggggh . . . wow.

Geeeez.

Don't leave, Dodd, or any other Packers fans. They'll be gone soon.

heh, yeah, they always do. Just gotta be patient until they leave.

::Tapping Foot::

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever its the truth. I dont live in Green Bay. All the players, coaches and management that were there in the early 90's when i started following them are now gone. The way mgmt handled this is discreaceful and i will not support the team if they dont rectify the situation. I'll root for DD and some others to do well but like someone else said, a loss wont mean too much to me any more whereas it used to mean alot in the past 16 years.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Whatever its the truth. I dont live in Green Bay. All the players, coaches and management that were there in the early 90's when i started following them are now gone. The way mgmt handled this is discreaceful and i will not support the team if they dont rectify the situation. I'll root for DD and some others to do well but like someone else said, a loss wont mean too much to me any more whereas it used to mean alot in the past 16 years.

well thats just weird to me man. i can't even fathom the thought prcess.

so who are you going to root for now? whatever team Favre gets traded to? what about after he retires again? will you stop watching football?

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Brett wanted to come back, he should have been welcomed with open arms and given the chance to at least COMPETE for the starting job, just like every member of this team has to do.

I really wasn't going to post a reply, as this thread is the culmination of all the reasons I rarely visit this forum anymore. However, a few things need to be said:

1. TT was entertaining the possibility of bringing Daunte "Has Anyone Seen My Career?" Culpepper in as the possible "veteran backup" to A-Rod. The fact he won't even publically extend Favre the same courtesy demonstrates the level on animosity that has existed between them for at least the last two years. Remember the media reports of Favre allegedly demanding a trade in 2006 when Randy Moss signed with the Pats? Why do you think such reports were leaking to the media?

2. Immediately following Favre's retirement announcement, the media was awash in allegations that Favre screwed the team due to the lack of veteran QBs available to back up Rogers. This left TT to rely on an (unproven) injury-prone starter and a rookie backup. Now that (apparently) this problem can be resolved for this year, TT claims he is "doing what is best for the team" by not jumping on the teams best hope for a SB this year.

It is obvious that there has been a lot more going on behing the scenes over the last two years besides Favre's alleged selfishness and TT's apparent childish egomania, but how can anyone stand behind a General Manager that allows the teams best chance for a championship walk out the door? Do you honestly think the offense has changed so drastically over the last 4 months that the man who ran it for 16 seasons can't jump in and play?

TT is tossing away a golden oppertunity to be a legitimate contender for a chance to stroke his own ego if Rodgers manages to both stay healthy for 16 games, as well as play at a high enough level to make the playoffs. With the exception of one game vs. Dallas last season, there has been nothing to date to make me feel that either of these things will happen. I do think Rodgers has talent, but his health is a huge question mark given the amount of injuries he has suffered in his limited time on the field. If Rodgers gets injured, am I supposed to blindly believe a rookie is going to take us all the way?

Blaming Favre entirely for this mess is biased to say the least. However, if TT tells the beloved player in franchise history to beat it, I don't see him lasting as GM another season. Favre still is the best chance this team has to go all the way in 2008.

And for those here that try to claim Favre isn't the most popular player in Packer's history, which Packer (or NFL player for that matter) do you think your non-football watching friends recognize more than him? I have a friend who knows absolutely nothing about football to the point of not being able to tell you who won the SB last year, and even he said "hell, everyone knows who Brett Favre is."

Members online

Latest posts