I for one hope Capers gets a job elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lunchboxer

Yep he only had 1 good season which was last season.

The D was crap against the Cards in the WC game.

12theTruth

Capers deserves alot of heat as well as Ted Thompson. But more than anything the Packers need to NOT start AJ Hawk and Peprah should not be a Green Bay Packer next season.

OP
OP
Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You look at his history his defenses are good in the first two seasons then they fall off for whatever reason.

I honestly don't feel the personnel was the problem. We have enough good players we should be better than that. As for the turnover nonsense. Sorry, but you can't count on those against good QBs.

Reaction score
Capers deserves alot of heat as well as Ted Thompson. But more than anything the Packers need to NOT start AJ Hawk and Peprah should not be a Green Bay Packer next season.
Peprah is a back up so he plays like a backup. Thompson has got to search for an effective pass rusher opposite Clay Matthews and somebody in the middle to help Raji and Pickett.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Capers definitely has to go, but the problem today was DROPS. Both by our WRs and by RYAN FREAKING GRANT!

Bye bye, Jermichael. A GM somewhere will overpay for your services, but it won't be Ted. The myth of his great hands has been thoroughly busted this year.

So who is out there who can be a good DC?

L

Lunchboxer

We better not get Dom Capers again for another season.

He had all season to make some sort of a adjustment but he just sat on his *** all season.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
32nd worse defense and it was rewarded today. Maybe we could get 31 with a new defensive coordinator?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
The defense wasn't just the worst in the league ... it was the worst in THE HISTORY of the league.

Now, I've never been a fan of the 3-4 or it's variations -- but I'm even less of a fan of watching our defensive linemen being stood up WHILE being double teamed ... I mean the little guy with the big blue head just flippin' stood back there slicing and dicing.

It is what it is ... I wasn't enthralled with the defense last year but it's hard to argue with a Lombardi Trophy in hand, you know? Jenkins' hand picked successor not panning out certainly didn't help and, as someone else said, that coupled with Collins' loss didn't help. STill, it runs a heckuva lot deeper than that...

L

Lunchboxer

Why is the D so bad though. We only lost Jenkins and Collins.

Is the lack of a Pass Rush that detrimental to this D???

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Man Lunch, if I can answer that one ... I could be the new defensive Coordinator. I tend to think that the offensive coordinators in the league developed a "book" on how to beat a Capers defense...

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to see Capers still in Green Bay and Nick Collins back and healthy next year!

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT doesn't do the Free agency thing. Subtractions on D = Jenkins. Additions on defense via free agency and draft = 0. Everyone figured out what to do to combat Capers and TT. Neither TT or Thompson are the gurus everyone thinks.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The overreaction on here is amazing.

Today's loss was on the offense. So was the only other loss this season.

This defense wasnt dominate but it didn't suck as bad as people make it out to be. It was ahead of several teams in the playoffs in terms of points given up.

And philbins absence this week was evident on the team.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

This defense wasnt dominate but it didn't suck as bad as people make it out to be. It was ahead of several teams in the playoffs in terms of points given up.

Almost played like they were on drugs or something

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You know, you're right. The defense was still very bad, but we stopped the run better than i thought we would. But there's obviously something wrong with the pass defense. But something happened between last season and this season, and i think it has more to do with than just the people we lost.

OP
OP
Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Overreaction? No. He had a chance to fix it all year long. Didn't. No overreaction here, I would just get hated if I mentioned it while we were winning.

Yes and No. Defense allowed plenty of big plays including a HAIL ****ING MARY. Had ZERO pass rush yet again.

This defense was not dominant at all. If Rodgers didn't play well for 1 game, we lose. Not how it should work. Both sides need to pick each other up. Defense couldn't stop em when they had chances.

No one can possibly know what effect it had. Hell a lot of people, including myself thought the Philbin tragedy might rally the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts