I don't think we can win the Super Bowl

bigblue bay packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still stand the way i did at the first of the year, as long as we keep improving the only team that can beat the packers is the packers, thats the way its been the last few years? GO Pack go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Tell me how "real" the Falcons look today against Tampa Bay. If you guys are scared of them, you might as well be scared of the Seahawks too, who are under achievers on the road.

Toughest team Atlanta played was months and months ago back with Denver. The Giants don't count because they can't win 10 games. Atlanta is going to be one and done as always. Tampa has the worst ranked pass defense and Matt Ryan looks like Mike Pagel out there. I thought the Falcons were great at home though? Not obviously. Just look at that cupcake schedule and tell me they are going to do something in the post season. They struggled hard against cupcakes Arizona, Oakland, Tampa (now losing to them), Carolina (lost), and I think the toughest team they have played all season was the Saints, and they have been lost this year without leadership in coaching. Atlanta did not play a tough schedule like GB did with Houston, or Seattle, or San Francisco.

The pain here is the fact GB would have the Number 1 seed if it weren't for the call in the Seahawks game. That game just about sealed it for Atlanta to take the number 1 seed.

I hope to god Atlanta loses this game to Tampa Bay just to set the stage for another epic choke job in the playoffs while everyone is ready to crown Matt Ryan a winner.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still stand the way i did at the first of the year, as long as we keep improving the only team that can beat the packers is the packers, thats the way its been the last few years? GO Pack go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DREAMY!

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather not have the Packers as the #1 seed, actually I'd prefer them not having a bye at all. Statistically speaking #1 seeds rarely make it to the Super Bowl.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Giants don't count because they can't win 10 games.

The pain here is the fact GB would have the Number 1 seed if it weren't for the call in the Seahawks game.
The Giants beat us. Easily. Twice this calendar year.
Who cares about the #1 seed? Means nothing. We had it last year, can't win a home playoff game.

Reaction score
If we can't stop a 1 man team from beating us in a must win game - then ...idk.

Unless this Game and Next Week's game are ... like the Favre/Sanders series back in the day - they beat us in WK 17 - We beat them (Favre to Sterling) in the playoffs ... idk. :confused:

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This did it. They aren't beating the Vikings next week. The Vikings have all the momentum and the Packers defense is back to last year's form. Knocking out Minnesota would have changed everything.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree. I have a feeling that they were slouching most of the game on purpose; couple that with the Vikes having a shot at the Playoffs equals what we saw on the field today really.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the game today, we had some bad luck in much of the first half. No breaks. We played catch up an almost won. And Ponder had about the best game of his life. They had their best game of the year and we laid a bunch of eggs in the first quarter. Still we only lost by 3. I was impressed by our ability to catch up. Without two opening 3 and out drives and Williams refusing to tackle, not covering, and extending a drive with a bonehead penalty,we would have won.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'd rather not have the Packers as the #1 seed, actually I'd prefer them not having a bye at all. Statistically speaking #1 seeds rarely make it to the Super Bowl.

But they do make it more often than any other particular seed. So, you know... there's that.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In the game today, we had some bad luck in much of the first half. No breaks. We played catch up an almost won. And Ponder had about the best game of his life. They had their best game of the year and we laid a bunch of eggs in the first quarter. Still we only lost by 3. I was impressed by our ability to catch up. Without two opening 3 and out drives and Williams refusing to tackle, not covering, and extending a drive with a bonehead penalty,we would have won.

Without the refs calling an obvious drop a catch at the end of the first half, we likely would have won too. You can't point to a single or even 2 or 3 instances and say that's why we lost. There are too many factors in a football game. It's always a culmination of events.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This did it. They aren't beating the Vikings next week. The Vikings have all the momentum and the Packers defense is back to last year's form. Knocking out Minnesota would have changed everything.

Then don't watch and spare us the pessimism.

Lionheart

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again the Packers are going to host a visiting team full of confidence, with no respect for them. The diference is the Packers offensibly will not be outplayed as they were last year by the Giants. The Pack started out very badly today, with Aaron Rodgers very nervous because of missed catches and all the pressure he was getting (got to be smarter getting rid of the football) but they got their act together and had very impressive plays in critical situations. That third down and long play in the last drive was out of this world! But the deffense was a disapointment. That unnecesary Williams penalty that put the Vikings on 1st down and goal, and the missed coverage on 3rd down and 11 cost the Packers the game.

I don't believe they're going the same mistakes and the Vikings are good practice to toughen up the Pack against the 49ers. Frankly, it's better for the Packers' style of play that they face the 49ers in San Francisco, not in Green Bay. And if the Pack gets back into the Super Bowl, they're going to win, because the AFC teams are no match for their NFC counterparts.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesn't, the dislikes because I disliked do

Hahaha, didn't know that there was a time limit on disagreeing with you. Would it help your ego if I pointed out that I clicked disagree before I even knew you had, that I was notified only of Greenblood's disagreement with that post, and that I rated one of his posts "agree" even after he disagreed with me? You are right though, someone sure sounds petty. It just isn't me.

Members online

Latest posts