I Don't Know About You Guys.......

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But I'm proud to call Aaron Rodgers my QB.

4,038 Yards
28 TDs / 13 INTs
4 rush TDs
63.6% Comp.

Sure, a few more wins would have been nice but I highly doubt Brett would have done any better. He did pretty awesome for this being his first year as a starter. Imagine how good we would have been with better defensive play and better o-line play.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, c_mac. Rodgers also averaged 7.53/play, had a 5.2% TD and 2.4% interception on over 500 attempts. Yes, it was a learning year for him but, its one under the belt now and something to build on.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree too. Aaron had a really good season and probably would have won 10 or 11 games with better defense. Definately a solid season... no big interceptions... lots of nice plays.

Pro Bowl QB in 09'

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am a very firm believer that Rogers has the type of talent that will land him as one of the great Packer QBs, becasue of his accuracy patience and just all around football sense. I was watiting for him for four years. I really hope all the Packer faithful have realized that Brett was osmething great, but all great things come to an end and move on, and we got ourselves one heck of a talent whom we need support.

I would say Pro Bowl in 09, and I would also say that in 20 years we might be talking about maybe more.

vixtalkn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Needs to get rid of the ball quicker ... make faster reads. But otherwise an impressive first year.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vix, I think part of that is being concerned about making the big, game changing mistake. I'll take his precaution for now, and assume the game will slow down a bit for him as time goes on.
I really like the guy and his laid back attitude.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with most of you re: Rodgers' abilities & talent. The quicker release will come with time & experience. The one thing I don't like is how quick he gave up on plays where defensive pressure seemed in his estimation to be overwhelming. He's got great legs & needs to learn to use them to his advantage. Elusiveness & escapability are part of every great QBs repertoire.

One aspect of the offense I foresee is regression rather than progression on the O-line. We all know that Clifton & Tauscher are showing signs that they're better suited as backups now & not starters. Prone to injury & needing too much time off during the week to recuperate tell that story all too clearly.

The only two O-lineman that appear consistently reliable are Spitz & to a lesser degree Colledge.

Wells has had injury issues.

Moll is in & out of the line-up due to inconsistencies.

Barbre has been given the reps but are they truly earned or just simple evaluation?

Ditto for Sitton.

Giacomini is so far an unknown, looks like a prototypical Tackle with his height & reach but needs to add bulk. 310 & 6' 7" is a little lean for the NFL.

The big "if" is when the '00 draftees are relegated to back-up status are the Packers going to have enough cohesion with the new group to be able to propel Rodgers into the Pro Bowl as early as next season?

We all saw how devastating it was to the GB offense when two O-lineman were replaced in '05. The men have to build enough trust that each is capable & willing to perform their tasks & allow the other 4 to do so as well without believing that they may have to cover for one or more perceived weaknesses. In other words, perform like a unit & not 5 individuals. That doesn't happen in practice. It comes with time spent in the trenches by the same group of 5, not mix & match, changing from week to week. Winters, Wahle, Rivera, Tauscher & Clifton got that much needed time because decisions were made early that these 5 were talented enough to get the job done & only needed time to gel.

This is what keeps GMs awake all night. TTs has decent bags under his eyes so perhaps he's got this all taken care of & I shouldn't worry. Somehow I'm not convinced.

Schmitto

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, i didnt realize how impressive his numbers were compared to the rest of the NFL. I already had plenty of faith in him, but im already anxious for next season now!

reuillerocks

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm agreeing here also. And with the fact that Favre didn't get hurt we received essentially a free 3rd round pick.

OP
OP
C

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gman said:
I don't know but he can be good at some times and bad at others.

Good assessment? :dull:

Can't the same be said for any quarterback to have ever played the game of football?

Reaction score
The first Game i saw him start in Minnesota i Said this guys got some talent hes got a good arm accurate and he can run away from the pressure. We would of lost more games because of Favres picks and sacks because favres not mobile and he would of kept pump faking and get stripped or sacked instead of rodgers running for a first i agree with doghsellz That the o line is getting Old and And Tauscher and cliftion isnt made for the zone running scheme i say in the draft all we work on is Defense and o line

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts