I dont believe we win the division anymore

OP
OP
Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you watching the games? If so, you KNOW that Tramon Williams is NOWHERE near the Tramon of last year.

Here are the stats of the receivers he has covered so far:

DeSean Jackson: 4 catches for 30 yards. 0 tds.
Lee Evans: 0 catches. 0 yards. 0 tds
Devin Hester: 1 cacth for 18 yards. 0 tds.
Bryant Johnson: 3 cacthes for 23 yards. 0 tds.

The argument of "x happened last year" ends when week 1 starts. What teams did last year is completely irrelevant, and, unless they're PERFORMING the same way THIS SEASON, is not an indication of anything.

You know why? Because, even if they are the same players, and coaches, schemes change EVERY YEAR, players get older EVERY YEAR. 1 year is a HUGE impact on a players' performance, for good and worse.
LOL this coming from the guy who didnt think tramon was our answer at DB.. oh and just pointing out that tramon wasnt on the oppenents #1 reciever all game.. just saying

Getting knocked out of the playoffs real quick? Did you watch that game?

You didn't call me ignorant, you called everyone that disagreed with you ignorant. That's not seeing both sides. That's one guy overreacting with a sign that hasn't even played, the others disagreeing, and the said guy calling them ignorants...

You're not recognizing their side of the story, so what would that make you?
yea i watched the game and saw we got knocked out of the playoffs REAL QUICK.. first round is pretty fast to me.. did you watch?.. who was overracting?? maybe you were but i sure wasnt lol.. i was merely stating my opinion..as for not recognizing their side of the story.. are you mentally challenged?

Right. You obviously haven't been reading any of the news today about how Moss was becoming a distraction and about how he threw a fit at an assistant coach at half time on Monday night. Yeah, MUCH more mature. :suicide2:

Sources: Moss was becoming a distraction in New England | ProFootballTalk.com
another person who reads too much into articles.. uhh did you see the video of moss in the lockerroon cheering on and congradulating the whole team.. ohh and rodgers being upset about the play calling and what not article.. nobody here was stating he was a distraction just frustrated.. but the second it happens to another player he automatically a huge distraction and determental to the team.. some people really make me laugh

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said the same thing! You have to wonder why the Pats would want to get rid of a high caliber receiver like Moss when they need it over there. Pure speculation here, but knowing Moss's history and seeing the Pats were traded him makes me suspicious. The trade appeared to go down quickly too, I don't know exactly how long talks and negotiations were underway, but once this hit the airwaves, it appeared to be an overnight thing.

Yup. Here's the article over at PFT about his half time outburst:

Report: Randy Moss had halftime outburst at Patriots assistant | ProFootballTalk.com

As I said, real mature. In the end, I believe Randy is still Randy. The guy has skill, but is the first to melt down if things don't go his way. Here's hoping for an epic melt down!

BTW, I love how they gave up a draft pick for what presently amounts to a 13 game rental.. Kinda makes me chuckle.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
another person who reads too much into articles.. uhh did you see the video of moss in the lockerroon cheering on and congradulating the whole team.. ohh and rodgers being upset about the play calling and what not article.. nobody here was stating he was a distraction just frustrated.. but the second it happens to another player he automatically a huge distraction and determental to the team.. some people really make me laugh

Are YOU mentally challenged? I mean, you asked someone else if they were, so I figure it's fair to ask you.

Dude, the TITLE of the article I liked says Moss was becoming a distraction. I think posted a second one, albeit after your comment, about Moss unloading on a coach at half time.

YOU made the comment that he's "Way more mature now than he was three years ago." I proved to you he wasn't.

And what any of this has to do with Rodgers' frustration at the way they performed vs. the Lions is beyond me.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah, the old "Vikings D-line is old" Lets take a look at that. Pat Williams 38, plays about half of the downs during the game. Kevin Williams, 30, yup looking at retirement. Allen, 28, another old man. Edwards, 26. Man he's way over the hill. And the guys that back them up. Robison, 27, Kennedy, 30, Guion, 23, Griffen, 22, and Evans 26. The over the hill gang.

Now lets look at the Packers D-line Jenkins 29, Pickett, 31, Raji, 24, Jolly, 28(when he comes back) Harrel, 26.

Other than Fat Pat I don't see much difference in the ages.
Ahem.

Packers' DL:
Jenkins 29
Raji 24
Pickett 30

Starters avg.: 27,6

Mike Neal: 23
CJ Wilson: 23
Jarius Wynn: 24

Backups avg.: 23,3

Vikings starters: 30,5
Backups: 25,6

BTw, where did this discussion came from? I do always argue that your INTERIOR DL is old, and there's no dispute in that. I do not follow how the backups do, but will they match the Wall's production?

At our DL, the only concern is Pickett. But with us playing dime all the time, and with the rising of Neal, Packers fans aren't worried about it at all...

OP
OP
Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are YOU mentally challenged? I mean, you asked someone else if they were, so I figure it's fair to ask you.

Dude, the TITLE of the article I liked says Moss was becoming a distraction. I think posted a second one, albeit after your comment, about Moss unloading on a coach at half time.

YOU made the comment that he's "Way more mature now than he was three years ago." I proved to you he wasn't.

And what any of this has to do with Rodgers' frustration at the way they performed vs. the Lions is beyond me.
not since the last time i went to the doctors to have that checked out.. and if you dont get why i pointed that out.. the more serious question you should ask yourself is "am I mentally challenged?"

Chop0Suey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That's because there's a difference between being frustrated, and being a distraction. Rodgers was frustrated because the Packers barely beat a team he felt they were much better than. The offense wasn't clicking, he didn't like the packages McCarthy was using, and the defense didn't make the proper adjustments.

Moss, on the other hand, was just complaining because he felt like it. The Pats have been playing well on offense, and they've crushed two fairly good teams this season (more than we can say for the Pack). He decided to blow up because he wasn't getting the ball, he didn't feel wanted, he wasn't working hard enough....blah blah blah. THAT'S a distraction.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL this coming from the guy who didnt think tramon was our answer at DB.. oh and just pointing out that tramon wasnt on the oppenents #1 reciever all game.. just saying

yea i watched the game and saw we got knocked out of the playoffs REAL QUICK.. first round is pretty fast to me.. did you watch?.. who was overracting?? maybe you were but i sure wasnt lol.. i was merely stating my opinion..as for not recognizing their side of the story.. are you mentally challenged?

Enough.
I'm giving you a warning. Mentally challenged? This kind of behavior needs to stop.

In fact, I'm closing this thread.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reopening this thread to see if we can get this back on track with CIVIL arguments on both sides of the ball.

Now back on track...

It is ONLY week 4, can we wait till at least week 8 to push the panic button?

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why dont we wait and see how we do vs the Vikings, I believe that will be our biggest test if we win we go to 2-1 in our division which would be good otherwise we would be 1-2 and the Vikings might start to turn the corner but who knows

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Reopening this thread to see if we can get this back on track with CIVIL arguments on both sides of the ball.

Now back on track...

It is ONLY week 4, can we wait till at least week 8 to push the panic button?
GAWD!!! Thanks Rob!!!!!
ARE WE NOT 3-1???? IS OUR RECORD NOT THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE? (TIED...minus KC) WTF is going on here people? If were 3-4 at week 8, we have an issue...til then, let the bugs get worked out and fall as they may. Not like anybody here has any control over what happens anyhow......Sit back and relax!

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miami is going to be difficult. They have a solid team on both sides of the ball (minus Special teams, but our ST unit isn't good enough to exploit it) and they'll have two weeks to prepare for that game.

We really need to win the Minny game. I had us going 5-2 at this point before the season began with a loss to Chicago and I still feel that way.

PeachSchnapps

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Say what? Favre already looked tired before the by week. Sooo he will feel a little better .......until Monday with the Jets. He throws the ball all over the place and you know he doesn't care who is covering who. Revis will pick him off twice at least. Do you remember what the Packers O-line looked like last year? About the same as the Bears line does this year. Favre is going to have a long next 4 weeks, against the Jets, Dallas, Packers and the Patriots. All playoff teams. Cutler was walking around the locker room at half time with a cape on his back saying........."I'm Batman".

Anyhow........I was saying the same thing last year after the Buc's beat us. Oh...****...its all over but the crying!!!! Settle down man. We are going to be alright. If we can just get Bulaga in there and have Kuhn run like he did in last weeks last drive of the game, we can get it done.

When I said "Worry about the Vikings once they actually start playing well", I meant don't worry about them right now. They're playing like crap. I don't know if they'll step it up and get dangerous or not. So, basically I agree with you.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This coming from the guy that thought Clay Matthews was a terrible draft pick?

Dont throw stones when you live in a glass house.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see the following

Redskins- Win
Dolphins- Win
Vikings- Win

We will be 6-1 Bank on it :)

Redskins are going to be tougher than most of us think. This isnt the same redskins as last season. They beat the cowboys, held up til the end against the texans and beat the eagles. I bet they win 9 games this season.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Grow up with this drama everybody...You're a pretty ballsy chick though, Rose...I'll give ya that!

Members online

Latest posts