I called it ...

A-Rod_is_God

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quientus, thank you for educating me as to what an external link is!

You claim that stats are not the whole story, but you post walls of stats...

And I most certainly read what post that I personally was responding to, I quoted it in my last post :)

Yet again you have just made a prime example of a poster (with very few posts actually - and with a rather conspicous tag as well ...) who doesn't really read what posts he is replying to, but more only see and read what you want into a comment, totally disregarding the context in which a comment was given, for the sole purpose of trying to berate and namecall, which incidently is what a "Troll" does (imagine that ???) ...

Please show me an instance where I have berated or namecalled!

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally do not consider a fitting label to be namecalling

Cut the BS please.

People who do the "I do know what a person is referring to, but will ignore it because I'm winning the argument" stupidity. Just stop with that sort of attitude.

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with the thread, but that was brilliant. :Heristical:

Yeah, I wish I thought of it, but credit goes to Aaron Levenstein.

When discussing Brett Favre, this one always intrigues me:

While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty. You can, for example, never foretell what any one man will be up to, but you can say with precision what an average number will be up to. Individuals vary, but percentages remain constant. So says the statistician. ~Arthur Conan Doyle

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a fan of this quotation.

"Wise men make proverbs, but fools repeat them"

-Samuel Palmer

:icon_razz:

WoodyG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of these dudes may not be 'trolls' but they are certainly the last remaining members of the "BF Apologist Club" ........... This is a Packer forum but yet they incessantly post about the Vikes starting QB .............. Go figure??

Most blogs/forums no longer provide a platform for these crusaders ........... Pushes away too many solid PackFans ........... Evidently this forum still remains as a vehicle for the obsessed BF'ers ............ Too bad .............. A little housecleaning may be in order ........... Believe me, I'm just one of many who could have made this post.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Some of these dudes may not be 'trolls' but they are certainly the last remaining members of the "BF Apologist Club" ........... This is a Packer forum but yet they incessantly post about the Vikes starting QB .............. Go figure??

Most blogs/forums no longer provide a platform for these crusaders ........... Pushes away too many solid PackFans ........... Evidently this forum still remains as a vehicle for the obsessed BF'ers ............ Too bad .............. A little housecleaning may be in order ........... Believe me, I'm just one of many who could have made this post.
I don't know, from what I gather, they are Favre fans, not Viking fans per say. While I'm sick as hell of beating a dead horse around here with regard to father time, he was a Packer for the vast majority of his career and I think any conversation involving him is pertinent around here. My major issue on this topic is how it infiltrates every thread eventually, in one way or another.

WoodyG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My major issue on this topic is how it infiltrates every thread eventually, in one way or another.

Exactly .............. You can count on any thread with more than one page of comments to be completely off-topic & just another laborous attempt by the BF'ers to express their continued 'bromance' with the Packer's Ex-QB.......... The Packers are headed to the playoffs with an excellent chance to make some noise but yet, somehow, the BF crusade continues.

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly .............. You can count on any thread with more than one page of comments to be completely off-topic & just another laborous attempt by the BF'ers to express their continued 'bromance' with the Packer's Ex-QB.......... The Packers are headed to the playoffs with an excellent chance to make some noise but yet, somehow, the BF crusade continues.

You know, you're probably correct on this one. I really shouldn't post, but I'm sure whoever runs this site is enjoying the increased traffic. Catch-22 maybe???

I can't help the fact that I find myself rooting for Brett Favre over the Packers. I don't really believe anybody can judge who a man's heart belongs to because it is a different concept for every person.

I think for me, the no-brainer may subconsciously be that Brett Favre is exactly my age, is trying to stay productive as long as possible and represents and carries himself exactly as I was brought up to and deep down, I probably feel [we] are a dying breed in this country. This is why it is a much more personal situation for me. The man is hugely successful doing it the old fashioned way. He really means a great deal to me regardless of who he plays for.

But, I've made most of my points about Brett Favre over the past few weeks, so there's not much ground left to cover - unless there is a Miracle in Minnesota Part I.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And just what in the heck are these posts doing on here?
OK you still like Farve. We get that.
But why continue to rub our faces in that when you know your not going to convince us to agree?
(Yes Burt had a great game on MNF, but the Jay Cutler winning toss in OT was far far more awesome than anything Brent did all night long.)
Give it up already and take your "BF is awesome because..." posts over to the OBF forums or a Vikes forum.
Otherwise it just gets old around here real fast.
(Woody: My post is directed at the "BF Apologist Club" not you.)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think for me, the no-brainer may subconsciously be that Brett Favre is exactly my age, is trying to stay productive as long as possible and represents and carries himself exactly as I was brought up to and deep down, I probably feel [we] are a dying breed in this country. This is why it is a much more personal situation for me. The man is hugely successful doing it the old fashioned way. He really means a great deal to me regardless of who he plays for.
OK I can get this.

The only thing I don't understand is what you mean by "...represents and carries himself exactly as I was brought up to and deep down, I probably feel [we] are a dying breed in this country."

Besides the age difference, how is that different than other QBs?
And do you mean that work ethic is dying, or something else?
If you care to elaborate I would love to get your thoughts on this, not to debate but for anything that could lead to discussion.

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK I can get this.

The only thing I don't understand is what you mean by "...represents and carries himself exactly as I was brought up to and deep down, I probably feel [we] are a dying breed in this country."

Besides the age difference, how is that different than other QBs?
And do you mean that work ethic is dying, or something else?
If you care to elaborate I would love to get your thoughts on this, not to debate but for anything that could lead to discussion.

I guess it's difficult to explain and rather personal and if you're over a certain age, it wouldn't really mean anything to you at all.

dewitt60

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello group! I'll dive into the Favre muck right off the bat. When Brett arrived in SOTA Chilly thought he had just gotten a shiny cute puppy in a 40 year olds body. He laughed and jumped and ran around the field hugging and head butting like a puppy, he even had a vivking towel in his mouth.Then came December and Brett caught a case of rabbies. he became the grumpy old dog that won't come when he's callled. He took a bite at his master Chilly on TV. He chased rabbits when pheasants were called because he knew best. This is the dog called late season Favre. Enjoy him Viking fans.

WoodyG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't help the fact that I find myself rooting for Brett Favre over the Packers. I don't really believe anybody can judge who a man's heart belongs to because it is a different concept for every person.

This is a Packer forum, not a Brett Favre forum ........... If you are so attached to just one player (regardless of who he is) then you obviously are not a solid fan of the team ............ This is a team site like all forums.

...........is trying to stay productive as long as possible and represents and carries himself exactly as I was brought up to and deep down, I probably feel [we] are a dying breed in this country.

So what you are saying is that you admire people who are deceptive, untruthful, egotistical, and ignorant of the world around them ........ BF was this way in the 90's ............. Even more so today ...........

You, sir, have been duped by the BF PR machine that has existed for BF's entire career ............. You can believe the illusion all you want but to force the illusion on others is unacceptable.

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a Packer forum, not a Brett Favre forum ........... If you are so attached to just one player (regardless of who he is) then you obviously are not a solid fan of the team ............ This is a team site like all forums.

So what you are saying is that you admire people who are deceptive, untruthful, egotistical, and ignorant of the world around them ........ BF was this way in the 90's ............. Even more so today ...........

You, sir, have been duped by the BF PR machine that has existed for BF's entire career ............. You can believe the illusion all you want but to force the illusion on others is unacceptable.

Ah, it's so nice that people actually put for the effort of READING my posts.:Clueless:

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah, it's so nice that people actually put for the effort of READING my posts.:Clueless:

All your posts have one theme in common, and this quote pretty much defines them all:

Hauschild said:
I can't help the fact that I find myself rooting for Brett Favre over the Packers

Members online

Latest posts