Hunt skips another minicamp.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:x You'd think he'd want to be here and impress Bates, and instead he skips another minicamp. It's almost like he's going out of his way to show how much he can get away with. Sherman doesn't sound too pleased.

"We're going to play with the best guys," Sherman said. "We have more numbers now (on the defensive line) than we've had in the past and certainly aren't going to be held captive by anybody. We want to move forward with guys who want to play and do their jobs.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/ ... N=FOOTBALL

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers | More on Hunt's Absence - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 1 Jun 2005 18:44:58 -0700

Updating a previous story, the Associated Press reports Green Bay Packers DT Cletidus Hunt was simply a no-show for the start of the team's minicamp Wednesday, June 1. Head coach Mike Sherman said he's looking at several young players as possible replacements for him. "It's not a mandatory camp, but we expect him to be here," Sherman said. "He should have been here, and he wasn't here. So that's disappointing." Hunt missed the team's last minicamp because of a hamstring injury. Sherman added he has had no contact with Hunt recently.

Reading this it seems like Hunt is going to be gone. :twisted:

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
I for one am getting real sick of this kind of crap. I know it's not mandatory, but this guy knows his job is in jeopardy. I f he cared about that he would be there. He doesn't care so I don't wan t him on our team. Period. Javon, get to camp now or you're on my list too. I don't think we can win this year w/o Javon, but if he's going to act like this so be it. I'd rather respect the players on a losing PACKER TEAM than hold ill will towards players on a winning one. I would have loved Brett Favre had he never one a game because of how he played it. Javon, bye. Hunt, bye. If any other player wants to cause unnecesary problems, bye. That's all I've got to say.

ricky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mattresell, intersting outlook. Any player that doessn't live up to your standards is shipped elsewhere? My goodness- you probably still believe the "Jim Ringo v. Vince Lombardi" story. This is the new age, sir. The NFL union is strong, and players have rights! Get used to it!

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are men of character. There are men that are a character. Hunt is a character, but in a bad way because he lacks character. I hope Bates rides him like a rented mule. Leave him in every pre season game in full. If Hunt leaves, fine then get some of the signing bonus back and a lot of cap room. If he doesn't respond, cut him at the end of training camp. If he responds by growing up and becoming the player he can be, good.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerTraxx said:
There are men of character. There are men that are a character. Hunt is a character, but in a bad way because he lacks character. I hope Bates rides him like a rented mule. Leave him in every pre season game in full. If Hunt leaves, fine then get some of the signing bonus back and a lot of cap room. If he doesn't respond, cut him at the end of training camp. If he responds by growing up and becoming the player he can be, good.

I like the way you think, boss. :twisted:

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the difference between a guy that plays for the love of the game and with team spirit as opposed to those that look at it as a job and look for the money. Hunt looks at his position with the Packers as just a job. In the Army we have both types as well those that are proud to serve their country and those to whom it is just another job although they can't hold out or not attented. I personally prefer the type person that is a teamplayer they have a lot more pride in their job and therefore do a better job.

Later
Leopardmech

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts