How's local TV coverage been for your part of the country this year?

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am from Chico, CA which happens to be Aaron Rodgers' home town (No, I was a fan LONG before Aaron came along, but MAN it AWESOME this is his hometown!). I think we get a fair share of games, but miss a few due to those pesky 49ers games that conflict!

Week 1) vs. Saints. Televised in my area (national)
Week 2) @ Panthers. Not televised, watched via NFL RedZone
Week 3) @ Bears. Televised in my area.
Week 4) vs. Broncos. Not televised, watched via RedZone
Week 5) @ Falcons. Televised in my area (national)
Week 6) vs. Rams. Not televised, watched via RedZone
Week 7) @ Vikings. Televised in my area.
---BYE---
Week 9) @ Chargers. Televised in my area.
Week 10) vs. Vikings. Televised in my area (national)
Week 11) vs. Bucs. Not televised, watched via RedZone
Week 12) @ Lions. Televised in my area (national)
Week 13) @ Giants. Not televised, watched via RedZone
Week 14) vs. Raiders. Will be televised in my area.
Week 15) @ Chiefs. Not sure of outcome yet.
Week 16) vs. Bears. Will be televised in my area (national)
Week 17) vs. Lions. Will watched via RedZone due to 49ers game in progress at the same time.

So, in a way I have seen all the games, but RedZone only shows you all the scores and bits and pieces of the game. Total full games watched/to be watched: 9 out of 17. Better than half!

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I couldn't believe it...but I checked the listings and our local Harrisburg (PA) CBS station is airing the game this weekend! That's 2 in a row, since we got the Giants/Packers game on FOX43 last weekend! I don't remember a year with this much coverage ever! Not to mention all the Holiday games.

How's everyone else fairing this year? I sure am glad I didn't get sateilite and the Sunday Ticket this year!

:tup:
I have only watched 2 games on Sunday Ticket this year!(glad I get it free)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FOX doesn't have the doubleheader I assume and the Tbags play at the same time as the Packers. That is probably why you get the NFC North losers battle.
"The NFC North losers battle"
Ha! Love it!

Yeah, this week CBS has the double header.
They alternate every week with Fox for that.
Do they do that in other places to or just with our affiliates?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Bogart, it's nuts even when the team plays well they still struggle to sell out. I blame it on two factors: 1. San Diego is a transplant city, people still support their fave team when they move out to S.D. (me, for example:D) 2. Cost of living is so high that Chargers fans can't afford to take the family to the game. It's much cheaper to buy a couple cases of beers and watch the game at home with your boys. (only problem is too many Charger fans have this same sentiment so their game get blacked out and are forced to watch whatever game the networks want to show) Ooops. :x3:

I know a guy who lives in San Diego and has season tickets to the Ravens. I've been the beneficiary of a couple of "free" Ravens game tickets from him. (He is my son's brother in law.)

TheDreamDoctor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Live up in northern minnesota just off lake superior. Have not missed one game. All have been televised I'm quite happy.

bhuggins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Live near Cedar Rapids, IA and every game has been televised locally except for the Panthers game. Since this area is divided amoung Bears, Vikings, Chiefs and Packers fans, the local affiliates will normally follow the team that is having the better year.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our FOX affiliate in Pittsburgh shockingly showed the Packers opposite the Steelers in Week 7. I was probably the only person in Pittsburgh tuned in to the Packers-Vikings game rather than the Steelers-Cardinals game. Generally the Packers are not on if it's a 1:00 game, and they are on if it's a 4:00 game, save for the Chargers game which did not air thanks to the GIANTS-Patriots game. When I'm in public, I see that bitter Steelers fans take to cheering against the Packers for no good reason, but they've always ended up disappointed.

CoachBo

Told Lombardi he was Ernest Borgnine at age 5
Reaction score
Pretty good, since we don't have a team in Kansas either - just the Chiefs.

:)

Looking forward to seeing the Pack in person in Arrowhead.

arrimike

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Down here in Cincinnati the only game that has not been shown is the Carolina game. They have shown all other games which is very surprising because we usually only get to see a couple games a year in the Cincy area. Even then, the Carolina game may have been shown. I didn't check real hard to see if it was on.

bhuggins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The local FOX affiliate here in Cedar Rapids is showing the Bears/Seahawks game this coming Sunday instead of the GB/KC game. I sent an email to the station expressing my disappointment. Why on earth would they show the Bears, a team on the downhill slide playing against a team that has no chance for the post-season not to mention the fact that there is absolutely no fan following for the Seahawks in this area? They have an opportunity to televise a team with a large following (Packers) that is pursuing a rare feat of going undefeated, a player that is the odds-on favorite to win the MVP, playing against a team in KC that does have a a fairly large following in this area. Sure KC is not having a great season, but common sense should be to show the Packers.

I guess I'll be spending Sunday afternoon at a local sports bar that carrys all the games. I have direct TV but cannot justify the nearly $300 for the NFL package.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
I live on the WI/IL state line, so I get both Madison and Rockford feeds. Some weeks there are 4-5 different games, depending on what the Fox and CBS stations choose to air

OP
OP
VolvoD

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not here either. It's a "hunting and fishing around the globe show" then a Jake Gyllenhaal movie :sick:

damnit. i was just gonna check the listings. Oh well, I won't complain too much...we have got a lot more coverage than i ever remember. To the bar!!!

skibum55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Direct TV so not much of a problem. However, when the game is shown on National TV our Fox affiliate here in DC doesn't switch us out when there's a Deadskin game sometimes.

Don't know if I have asked you this before 13, where in the DC area are you.

Last week's game (Oakland) was on local CBS, but this week (@KC) - even though a national game - will not be shown due to Deadskins on at the same time, on the same channel.

Going to watch the game in Springfield (as usual).

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
damnit. i was just gonna check the listings. Oh well, I won't complain too much...we have got a lot more coverage than i ever remember. To the bar!!!

Scratch that. I had the wrong time. It's the Redskins Giants game that being broadcast.

Members online

Latest posts