1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

How to spot a bandwagon GB Packers fan?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by SanDiegoCheese, Nov 9, 2011.

1. maxlives

maxlives Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +87 / 4 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    I remember Lisle Blackbourn but only post on here rarely; does that make me a bandwagon fan?
  2. Croak

Croak Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +927 / 11 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    Nah, just antisocial...;)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    or reclusive.
  4. AmishMafia

AmishMafia There's cheese under that hat

Ratings:
    +1,509 / 52 / -4
    Maybe reclusive and/or anti-social, but definitely really old.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +925 / 16 / -9
    If you suffered through THAT ... you deserve for everyone here to buy you a beer. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. rmayer32

rmayer32 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    The fair weather fans that followed Favre to Minnesota were particularly annoying.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +199 / 12 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    Well, I was 9 or 10 years old when the Packers won Super Bowl XXXI. I was a fan before that, but maybe for only one season? I really can't remember but I DO remember slugging my step-brother Jeremy (Cowboys fan.) in the chest as HARD as I could when they beat the Packers in the playoffs. I have never, ever looked back and never will. I think that may just be my earliest Packer memory. Like I said, I was maybe 9 or so when I started rooting for the Packers, though I really don't know HOW that happened. My dad, my hero, is a Rams fan (born in L.A.) and my step-brother is a Cowboys fan...so you would think I would have latched on to one of those two teams but I guess I just decided to go my own way. I am glad I did. The Packers are by far the greatest organization in all of professional sports.

To be completely honest I believe I found this forum the night-of or the day-after the the Packers won Super Bowl XLV. I was worried that people may think I was a band-wagoner but I just needed to have some peeps to share my joy with! Yes, my wife is a Packers fan, but she really doesn't get football all that well and cheers for the Cowboys (that is her Dad's team.) when they are on TV too. So, she really wasn't a viable outlet.

However, I did NOT burn my Favre jersey (my dog now wears it on gameday), though I was very irked. I feel it is best to think of all the good that Favre brought to us, and not the bad. Every time I see a classic Favre/Packers highlight I start to wish that things went better. That he just played smarter ball in the '07 NFC championship game, went to SB XLII, smoked the Pats and then retired at a peak. On the flip side of that coin, I would not trade the last 4 years of Packers football for those two games I wish would have happened. (I hope all that made sense.)

Oh, and to answer a few of the questions that I saw asked here:

Curley Lambeau

LeRoy Butler

Antonio Freeman's circus catch.

...forgot other questions....

Finally, thank you all for having me around your forums! It is an awesome place for a Packers fan to come!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Nick 52

Nick 52 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    It's easy to spot a bandwagoner ............. they probably only signed up for this Forum within the last year ........... no doubt they live a long way away from Green Bay .......... probably have some lame username featuring the number of one of their favourite players ............. don't even know Coach McCartney's name ..............or can't spell Aron Rogers correctly............. grrrr, I hate bandwagon fans.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Croak

Croak Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +927 / 11 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    Wellllll, listen folks. This is just a darn fun season to be a Packer fan. Why not welcome more folks to join the party? Who knows, maybe they'll stick around a while. (Just don't forget to bring the Guinness as your newbie acceptance fee.)
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. maxlives

maxlives Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +87 / 4 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    Not anti-social; youse kits an yer computers makes me a-scared sometimes and I dasn't keep it turnt on too long or it could kaatch fire, aina?
  11. maxlives

maxlives Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +87 / 4 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    The truth hurts, I get the senior discount at restaurants without asking but I still bleed gold and green!!!!!
  12. maxlives

maxlives Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +87 / 4 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    Maybe, but the next ten years were FANTASTIC!!
  13. maxlives

maxlives Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +87 / 4 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    Maybe that's it. I read this forum a couple times a week, just don't think I have anything meaningful to add to most conversations. This is a very good year and feels familiar to me, almost the same as the Lombardi era. Having a REAL good time.
  14. maxlives

maxlives Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +87 / 4 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    Guinness??? Shouldn't that be Old Style or PBR or something more domestic?
    • Like Like x 1
  15. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +808 / 15 / -5
    I loaded up with PBR,Hamm's and Schlitz for the tailgate. I used to be a big Guinness man, now i'm into brown ales. why anyone would give a :poop: about this i don't know. But I'm sick and bored so.....
  16. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,285 / 51 / -15
    Funny, I'm drinking a PBR right now!
  17. Croak

Croak Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +927 / 11 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    Sorry, European travel spoiled any plebian taste for American beer I might have. There are some good domestics, but my taste buds prefer the good stuff.
  18. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +265 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    it doesn't bother me that somebody were to jump on for the ride, if they are just getting into football, why not like America's favorite team...but obviously they would have to stick w/ the Pack through thick and thin

You want a sign of a TRUE Packer fan...Here's my list of criteria

1. Ask their wife how many times they talk about the Packers and their season.

2. Ask them how much money they spend on Packer Apparel

3. Ever been to Lambeau?

4. Amount of Visits to packers.com

5. How many times you check the stats?

6. How many times have you watched HISTORY of the Green Bay PACKERS? (I have it on my IPOD)

7. How many Packers games have you been to?

8. Does your dog own a Packers Jersey?

9. Do you have the NFL SUNDAY Ticket just to watch the Pack?

10. Your friends will justify you being a TRUE Packers fan, even though your not a local
  19. Gary

Gary Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Hey I just joined this forum for the specific reason of trying to track down a video of that play!! I was at the game on Sep 7, 1980, I had just turned 12. I have looked all over for a video of it and I cant find it anywhere. Do you know where it can be found? I saw that you tube marcol tribute thing but no video of the play. It must exist somewhere. Anyone?
  20. Frozencheese

Frozencheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0

I signed up for this forum at the start of the 2011 nfl season. I live in Alaska.

This is the first year I havent been to a game at Lambeau (or Milwaukee County Stadium) in almost 20 years. I disagree that where one lives or when they sign up for a forum means anything about one's devotion to their team.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  21. PackersFanfromCali80

PackersFanfromCali80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    Well I have joined within the last year and I am from California but I have been a Packers fan since I was about 13 or 14. I will be 32 in February. I have had to go off on people who suggested I was a bandwagon fan. I remember a lot. From the days of Reggie White, Santana Dotson, big ol Gilbert Brown, LeRoy Butler, Eugene Robinson. Hell I remember Don Beebee.
    • Like Like x 1
  22. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86 / 3 / -0
    I always ask them their favorite HoF Packer. If I get one second of hesitation thou art bandwagoneer. Mine is Herb Adderly followed ever so closely by Don Hutson.
  23. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86 / 3 / -0
    yeah but DD is a superstar with a smile that's to big for every stadium other than Lambeau!
  24. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +425 / 33 / -31
    Packer Fan Since:

LOL I don't think so.
  25. lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154 / 26 / -5
    Packer Fan Since:
    I went to a Packer game one time, and there was a guy there from CA that was crying - he said he'd been a packer fan since he was 6 years old, and he was about 50 and he said it was his first packer game. I also went to a game and there was a guy there and he was talking about how he USED to be a Broncos fan, but now he lived in Charlotte, and was now a Panthers fan. The Packer people around me went bananas! Started chanting FAIR WEATHER. LOL To see a 50 year old man crying tears of joy due to finally be at Lambeau Field was AWESOME, I'll never forget it.