How to make the "Bacon Cheese Heads" from Curly's Pub?

fcs

Danish Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in Denmark in the northern part of Europe
Hi everybody,

I managed to take a second "pilgrimage" to Lambeau in December (first one was 2010) and as usual, I had lunch in Curly's. I had an appetizer called Bacon Cheese Heads and they were artery cloggingly delicious. I want to make something like that for our SuperBowl party here in Denmark, but I can't find a recipe. I was wondering if any of you great Cheeseheads could help?

Thanks in advance

Peter - the Danish Cheesehead

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Defense92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I managed to take a second "pilgrimage" to Lambeau in December (first one was 2010) and as usual, I had lunch in Curly's. I had an appetizer called Bacon Cheese Heads and they were artery cloggingly delicious. I want to make something like that for our SuperBowl party here in Denmark, but I can't find a recipe. I was wondering if any of you great Cheeseheads could help?

Thanks in advance

Peter - the Danish Cheesehead

I have been to Denmark before. I actually got married there in a village called Vejle. Do you live near there? It is a beautiful country and we really enjoyed being there.

OP
OP
fcs

fcs

Danish Cheesehead
Reaction score
Longtimefan: Sounds easy when you put it like that ;) What would be a good way to bread them? Eggs?

Defense92: Actually, I live around 80 miles from Vejle, but then again... Denmark is a very small country. How come you got married in Vejle?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
dip in some sort of bread crumb or flour mixture and then in some sort of oil heated high

Defense92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense92: Actually, I live around 80 miles from Vejle, but then again... Denmark is a very small country. How come you got married in Vejle?

I was stationed in Germany near Ramstein and Landstuhl. We were engaged and she came over to visit for a couple weeks and stayed. She saw a Danish wedding tour advertised in our travel office on base. One cost covered the train ride, a five day and night stay with inclusive continental breakfast, and the paperwork. Our families said this was fine with them, so we decided to get married this way. The two places offered were Copenhagen and Vejle.

Defense92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense92: Cool story - Vejle is a very nice little city. I got married in Kolding, not far from there.

We want to go back to visit some day. Are you able to get many Packers games on t.v. over there?

OP
OP
fcs

fcs

Danish Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Defence92 - sorry for my late reply - I didn't see your comment.

Actually, Denmark is the country outside the North America that gets the most live games (so I am told). We get the Thursday night game, three games on Sunday and then Monday night live as well. 15 years ago, a small tv station started showing one game live every week and it has grown from there.

Obviously, I don't get to see the Packers every week, but I get to see a game quite often. One of my friends have bought a Game Pass and we often watch the most interesting games together through that option..

I hope that you have a chance to get back to Denmark some day - if you do, let me know and maybe we can meet?

By the way: I managed to make the Bacon Cheeseheads: I just cut wedgets from Cheddar, rolled them in egg, flour, egg again and then small pieces of raw bacon. Deep fry for 60 seconds and serve with a good BBQ sauce. Abslolutely delicious!!

Go Pack Go!!

Peter

Defense92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Defence92 - sorry for my late reply - I didn't see your comment.

Actually, Denmark is the country outside the North America that gets the most live games (so I am told). We get the Thursday night game, three games on Sunday and then Monday night live as well. 15 years ago, a small tv station started showing one game live every week and it has grown from there.

Obviously, I don't get to see the Packers every week, but I get to see a game quite often. One of my friends have bought a Game Pass and we often watch the most interesting games together through that option..

I hope that you have a chance to get back to Denmark some day - if you do, let me know and maybe we can meet?

By the way: I managed to make the Bacon Cheeseheads: I just cut wedgets from Cheddar, rolled them in egg, flour, egg again and then small pieces of raw bacon. Deep fry for 60 seconds and serve with a good BBQ sauce. Abslolutely delicious!!

Go Pack Go!!

Peter

That's awesome. I was curious as to how it compared to t.v. coverage in the U.S. It sounds pretty comparable and that you get the same amount. Do you do the NFL pass online? I had one for about $40 where I could watch archived games starting Sunday night. So, if the Packers weren't on I would watch their game that way.

For a while, we had planned on possibly going back to Denmark for our 25th anniversary. The air fare was pretty costly, so this year we are going on a cruise instead. We do plan on going back someday, so I will keep in touch and let you know. It would be pretty cool to meet. It would be even better to get together for a Packers game. Your avatar is cool. It looks like you are raising them right.

Your bacon cheeseheads look delicious!

OP
OP
fcs

fcs

Danish Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know what? I'll make you the Bacon Cheeseheads if you come to my house for a game. That would be awesome!!
We do have the option of buying the GamePass, but so far, I have been able to leech of a friend of mine, who bought it :)

Have a great cruise and hope to see you at some point in time here in Denmark!!

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Down here in Alabama they showed a large chunk of the Packers games last year.

Don't know why except I live maybe withing 100 miles of Brett Favre's old place.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts