How nervous, supersticious are you, do you get?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know some people who think they are partly responsible for what happens based on what they wear during the game.
I know some who get so nervous, they actually take tests of their blood pressure during the game, and it definitely goes way up.

I know myself, in the playoffs, I get nervous that I end up with a headache after the game in playoff situations.

Close eyes if this hurts too much, which I can understand.
I'm still most scarred by the 4th & 26 collapse in Philly, but Rodgers overtime gaffe in the Arizona playoff loss is fresher and painful (because I wanted to win so badly for Rodgers), and of course Favre's choke overtime Int vs the Giants stings still, as does last year's one vs the Giants, and still the damn Steve Young to Owens last second damn TD to beat us after Jerry Rice had fumbled. The NFL was out to get us still back then, not just this year.

Nobody has as many heartbreaking last-second losses in the playoffs as we do the past decade or two.

That's why I get so nervous..... I'm losing the supersticiousness slowly, but I still feel like whenever I wear a particular jersey, they get hurt. So I tend to wear basic team things now...

How bout you?
How nervous, supersticious?

H

HardRightEdge

Nobody has as many heartbreaking last-second losses in the playoffs as we do the past decade or two.

It could be worse. Raider fans have to live with both the Immaculate Reception and the Brady Tuck Rule Game.

As a footnote, Charles Woodson forced the Brady non-fumble.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My whole family is. Packer games in our house are high stress events. I definitely get high blood pressure and it's from my dad being the same way. A lot of times I get emotionally exhausted from those close games. When I was little it would put me in bad mood for a few days. I have a Jodry jersey and only wear it for games he is playing and if they're doing bad I'll take it off and see if that helps. My mom has a pull over she never wears because every time she does they lose. (She wore it Sunday for the 1st half) It all seems ridiculous and maybe unhealthy but on Sundays it just happens!

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's the point in gambling or watching sporting events if you aren't superstitious? Sure you can do it...but it's not as fun. :tup:

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My mom has a pull over she never wears because every time she does they lose. (She wore it Sunday for the 1st half) It all seems ridiculous and maybe unhealthy but on Sundays it just happens!
Dude! Your mom has got to get rid of that thing!

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My dad would fit real nice with the majority in the shout box during games. If they go 3 and out on the first offensive series Packers lose. I feel like he curses them sometimes so I tell him to take it back.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I don't get superstitious but I do shake my head and slap my forehead when our team makes stupid plays. Heck sometimes I am only half paying attention (like I did last week for a few minutes), glanced, saw someone drop a pass and knew immediately it was Finley.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm so superstitious, I don't even realize half the things I do during games. One of the tried-and-true superstitions is changing the channel and changing it back, or always having the volume set on an odd number. Sometimes it's choosing to look at my Twitter feed or not, other times it's standing up, then sitting right back down again. I actually do have a bad case of obsessive-compulsive disorder, so some of this stuff I do anyway on a regular basis. This week I'm making sure to be as pessimistic as possible, because I remember being that way throughout the Super Bowl XLV run. Last year I thought the Giants game was going to be a cinch.

Also, jerseys. I wore the blue Matthews jersey throughout the Super Bowl XLV run. I brought it back last year, but it didn't work. So I'm going with green Rodgers, then if they win, I'll switch to the blue Matthews jersey for road games.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I barely ever talk **** about the current week's game or opponent, every time I do we lose. Though we don't win every time I don't talk **** too. Regardless we win more often when I don't.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad to see I'm not alone in doing weird things! Away at school my roommate and friends (mostly vikings fans) think my game antics while watching games are totally strange.

D

Dan115

I AM IN THAILAND these people think I am completely crazy during games.

My room mate told me I had better be quiet during the last Packer vike game, She said the neighbors will think we are fighting and call the police.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I know some people who think they are partly responsible for what happens based on what they wear during the game.
I know some who get so nervous, they actually take tests of their blood pressure during the game, and it definitely goes way up.

I know myself, in the playoffs, I get nervous that I end up with a headache after the game in playoff situations.

I'm still most scarred by the 4th & 26 collapse in Philly, but Rodgers overtime gaffe in the Arizona playoff loss is fresher and painful (because I wanted to win so badly for Rodgers), and of course Favre's choke overtime Int vs the Giants stings still, as does last year's one vs the Giants, and still the damn Steve Young to Owens last second damn TD to beat us after Jerry Rice had fumbled. The NFL was out to get us still back then, not just this year.

That's why I get so nervous..... I'm losing the supersticiousness slowly, but I still feel like whenever I wear a particular jersey, they get hurt. So I tend to wear basic team things now...

How bout you?
We lost last week after I followed all of my pregame rituals, the spell is broken. Maybe I should try sacrificing a goat?

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My dad would fit real nice with the majority in the shout box during games. If they go 3 and out on the first offensive series Packers lose. I feel like he curses them sometimes so I tell him to take it back.
We rarely go 3 & out, and we did to open the game last week... TWICE!
We were 6 & out and down 10-0 quick.

Make that pullover of your mom's disappear fast!

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I AM IN THAILAND these people think I am completely crazy during games.
Tell me more, PM, about how/why you are luckily in Thailand!
I've been there for one vacation, I wanted to move there....

I've been supersticious about the jerseys ever since as a young punk, I saved up and bought the official almost $200 Sterling Sharpe jersey, in 1994... and then later that season, his f****** career ended, just like Nick Collins' last year.
Bad luck. Who else has lost 2 GREAT (better than good) players in the middle of their primes like we have????

Raptor?

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i usually sit down on defense and stand with the football on offense. I only wear jerseys on big games, if not I wear a packers tee shirt. I interchange jerseys based on our team's performance when i last wore the jersey.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score

How bout you?

We've had a few. But none nearly as painful as the two most recent Vikings heartbreaks. 1999 and 2009. Both teams were the best in the league, but both fell in the NFC Championship game. And as we've discussed before, thanks to our favorite Favre play in purple - the INT to Tracy Porter. It makes me smile everytime I think about that play! :)

atthegates97

Cheesehead
Reaction score
home games i wear a home jersey, road games i wear an away jersey. that's pretty much it

CHIpackFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't eat anything or settle down until after the Packers score. I get so amped up at kickoff.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score

How bout you?
http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...-f646-4dd4-b3fa-db8533d3f272?campaign=T130111
Aaron Rodgers said:
I remember that Jerry (Rice) – I loved Jerry – may have fumbled earlier in the game

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, usually I am wearing a Pyjama when watching a Packers game on TV. :eek:
But its not a special Packers Pyjama or a superstitious habit, its simply because I have to get up at 2.00 a.m. to watch the game. ;)
I am getting very nervous and most time I am walking up and down the room in front of the TV. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last week I wore my Nick Collins jersey.
I feel like when I wear a jersey, they tend to get injured.
So I now resort to using guys who can't get hurt for us. I don't dare wear Rodgers or Matthews anymore, although I id wear Matthews when I went to the Super Bowl here, and we won, he didn't get hurt.
But I don't think he got a sack that game.

Anyway, since we won with Collins on last week, I am going with Collins again tomorrow and I will wear it every week as long as we win!

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
I stopped with the superstitions a while back but will admit I'm nervous about today's game. This has been a great season and the idea it could end today is nerve wracking.

Members online

Latest posts