How much $ is Rodgers really worth?

How much should Rodgers be paid based on a $123 million cap? Read the article & see list b4 voting

• Total voters

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every single NFL player can have their career end on any play.
Maybe not kickers and punters so much.

But as we saw with Nick Collins, or Sterling Sharpe, Terrence Murphy, Tim Lewis, it's a real possibility.
And none of those were the frequent gruesome knee & leg injuries we see way too often.

Football players are NOT overpaid.
For overpaid, I would check the NBA and MLB.
But previous poster is right, this is also entertainment and with supply and demand, talent, there's a market price.

Now the rate at which sports salaries has skyrocketed is way out of whack with other real jobs.
But actors and musicians also have been out of whack, rising.

That's just how it is.
What I hate about it is things like tickets and jerseys cost more than they need to, partly to compensate the high salaries.
But as long as fans pay those high costs, it happens.
It's why I have NO GUILT whatsoever of buying my jerseys from overseasons for 1/5th the cost, which basically just bypasses the built-in padded profits going to the NFL, NFLPA, players, agents.

Great QBs and great starting pitchers command a premium, and it's gotten higher with time, as passing has become more prevalent in the NFL.
I just see that continuing to rise, and I believe Rodgers has proven that he is THE TEAM basically.
With the same cast of characters he was 5-2 with, we are now winless in 5 games.
It is my opinion he has proven that he deserves much more of the pie.

Part of me would love to see his agent holdout and grab more money from the team as the team has flopped like a smelly fish without him. Talk about leverage.

But of course, more $ for him means more guys like James Jones, Sam Shields, etc. will be gone, and I don't want that.
U know when Jordys contract is up he's going to be wanting at least $8-10M a year

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
U know when Jordys contract is up he's going to be wanting at least $8-10M a year
Yeah..... look at Jordy though:

With Arod: He was going great.
Without Arod: He's putting up Jerome Simpson numbers, less actually.

I know this because I have made the mistake of continuing to start Jordy in Fantasy after Rodgers went out.
Damn me.

This is evidence of the Rodgers Cash Cow theory.
He makes all those guys a lot of money.
Jordy's value is inflated because of Rodgers.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Every single NFL player can have their career end on any play.
Maybe not kickers and punters so much.

But as we saw with Nick Collins, or Sterling Sharpe, Terrence Murphy, Tim Lewis, it's a real possibility.
And none of those were the frequent gruesome knee & leg injuries we see way too often.

Football players are NOT overpaid.
For overpaid, I would check the NBA and MLB.
But previous poster is right, this is also entertainment and with supply and demand, talent, there's a market price.

Now the rate at which sports salaries has skyrocketed is way out of whack with other real jobs.
But actors and musicians also have been out of whack, rising.

That's just how it is.
What I hate about it is things like tickets and jerseys cost more than they need to, partly to compensate the high salaries.
But as long as fans pay those high costs, it happens.
It's why I have NO GUILT whatsoever of buying my jerseys from overseasons for 1/5th the cost, which basically just bypasses the built-in padded profits going to the NFL, NFLPA, players, agents.

Great QBs and great starting pitchers command a premium, and it's gotten higher with time, as passing has become more prevalent in the NFL.
I just see that continuing to rise, and I believe Rodgers has proven that he is THE TEAM basically.
With the same cast of characters he was 5-2 with, we are now winless in 5 games.
It is my opinion he has proven that he deserves much more of the pie.

Part of me would love to see his agent holdout and grab more money from the team as the team has flopped like a smelly fish without him. Talk about leverage.

But of course, more $ for him means more guys like James Jones, Sam Shields, etc. will be gone, and I don't want that.

website for overseas jeseys at 1/5 the cost please?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
website for overseas jeseys at 1/5 the cost please?

My kid bought a couple of those ... his depository accounts were compromised. So, if you're hell bent on buying a jersey that will turn your white t-shirts green, make sure to use a credit card and NOT a debit card when buying that stuff overseas.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Mor4les & Southpaw, you are the winners of this poll.

The truth is you can't put a price on a guy who has evidently been carrying this team. It's clear now that everything we thought we knew about the talent and depth on this team and the ability of our coaching staff was clearly nothing when Rodgers isn't playing for us.

Rodgers doesn't just make the offense work, he makes the whole team work. Without him our offense can barely move the chains enough to get in field goal range and because of that the defense which already sucks, can't stay off the field for more than a couple minutes.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The truth is you can't put a price on a guy who has evidently been carrying this team.

It's clear now that everything we thought we knew about the talent and depth on this team and the ability of our coaching staff was clearly nothing when Rodgers isn't playing for us.

Rodgers doesn't just make the offense work, he makes the whole team work.

Without him our offense can barely move the chains enough to get in field goal range and because of that the defense which already sucks, can't stay off the field for more than a couple minutes.
SADLY, but obviously now, ALL TRUE.

We deserve the #1 overall pick like the Colts got for the year Manning was out (2011) and they were rewarded with Andrew Luck.

I wish Rodgers never got hurt.
But since he did, week 1 would have paid longer dividends with that #1 draft pick ammo.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
My kid bought a couple of those ... his depository accounts were compromised. So, if you're hell bent on buying a jersey that will turn your white t-shirts green, make sure to use a credit card and NOT a debit card when buying that stuff overseas.

Thanks, I have learned that lesson. I always find out the amount and then put some cash on one of those pre-paid visa cards and when I am done, I toss the card in the bon fire pit.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts