How many 100 yard rushing performances this season?

How many times will a player rush for 100 yards this season for the Packers?

• El Zippo

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • 1 to 2

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • 3 to 4

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Who needs to run the ball with Aaron Rodgers?

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Just fire Campen already!

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Going into Week 1, the Packers have went 43 consecutive weeks (regular season) without having a runner eclipse 100 yards.
They've used a two-RB system too though, did we have any games that were 100 yards total rushing that didn't include Rodgers during that time?

Does that count?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love the fact that AP didn't get his record against us. Suck it AP !!!! That is one player I really dislike......well, him and Jay Cuntler
Seriously, I hate the Vikings more than any other team, but how can you really dislike Peterson?
He's a class act, great guy. Just stuck in Purple Hell.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how nice would it be to see a 1000+ yd rusher?
IIRC, Ryan Grant had two 1200+ yard seasons, and so many Packer fans *****ed about him!
Pissed me off so much.... he was good. Not great, but good, and that was..... good.

Our OL sucks though.....

RockyRaccoon

Day Tripper
Reaction score
IIRC, Ryan Grant had two 1200+ yard seasons, and so many Packer fans *****ed about him!
Pissed me off so much.... he was good. Not great, but good, and that was..... good.

It took me bit to hop on the Grant bandwagon. His running style seemed so odd to me. Just didn't "look" like a feature back. Hard to explain. Can't argue with production though. I think it took the Seattle playoff game for me to start buying Grant.

RockyRaccoon

Day Tripper
Reaction score
If Lacy runs for over 80 yards against the 49ers defense, I'll say 7 or 8.
From what I remember DuJuan Harris was running all over the 49ers D in January before McCarthy mysteriously stopped running the ball.

From ESPN:
11 carries, 53 yards, 4.8 YPC, 1 TD, Long of 18 yards

Pretty sure that was all in the first half. He was well on his way to a 100+ yard performance. In other words, if Lacy's as good as he's being projected, 80+ should be expected. Assuming McCarthy commits to the run.

Last edited:

RockyRaccoon

Day Tripper
Reaction score
Yeah.. why do our promising players always get injured anyways?
It does seem like the Packers get hit by the injury bug more than most. But to be fair, we have gone the last 20+ years with a total of 3 starting QBs. And most of those years our QB has been playing at an elite level.

So we've got that going for us. Which is nice.

OP
OP

12theTruth

From what I remember DuJuan Harris was running all over the 49ers D in January before McCarthy mysteriously stopped running the ball.

From ESPN:
D. Harris11 carries,53 yards,4.8 YPC,1 TD,Long of 18 yards

The running success from that game wasn't so much on the offensive line or Harris as it was from scheme. McCarthy had the Packers in the shotgun for a large percentage of the game. Lots of no huddle too. So when Rodgers gets sacked ONLY one time that is a very misleading stat. With a defense geared up for Rodgers and the aerial attack, there should be more room for Harris.

I am not sure what look the 49ers defense gave but starting in the late 3rd quarter McCarthy pretty much abandoned the run. The Packers were only down by a TD at the time too. Capers is LUCKY to still have his job. The offense kept us in the contest for over half the game. The defense imploded in the worst possible manner.

Last edited by a moderator:

AFan77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy looked great in the one preseason game I saw him in. My question is, how has Franklin looked? I thought he would be a nice fit in your guys spread offense, but I haven't heard much out of camp.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, that last regular season game that Ponder had against the Packers was inept. I hope he has more of those inept games.

Yeah, because that one great game by Ponder is much more indicative of your passing game as a whole than your 31st overall ranked passing offense last season.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Yeah, because that one great game by Ponder is much more indicative of your passing game as a whole than your 31st overall ranked passing offense last season.
Ohhhhh 31st based on yards. Here's one for you, that means that Oakland passing game was better than the Packers last year. So we have no place to go but up. Think about it for a minute. What if, just what if Ponder steps it up and the Passing game comes in say about 15th. Last year they won 10 games with the 31st ranked pass offense, according to you. How many games do you think they will win if they have the 15th ranked passing game? We all know the running game will be good. A Packer fans biggest fear should be that Ponder actually becomes a good QB. Not franchise even, just good will do it.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, we can use QB rating (22nd) or TD's (25th) if you'd like. There is not a passing rating that can be used to describe the Vikings passing attack as anything other than "inept".

Of course they would be in great shape if Ponder became a good QB. No one argues that. Someone stated that someone needed to make up for your inept passing game, which you rebutted by using the argument of one game, which makes little sense, and I simply pointed out that the original argument is, statistically, pretty accurate.

The same argument could be made for the Packers if they could develop a running game with Lacy on how good they could be offensively. Obviously Lacy isn't going to become Peterson, but Ponder isn't going to become Rodgers, either.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
And of course part of that inept passing game has to do with WR's. Which of course everyone dismisses. 4 of the Vikings WR's from last year are no longer on the team. Granted of the 4 only one was worth a damn. Two of them are not even on a team right now, and one is the 7th WR's in Jacksonville. But the WR's don't matter right? The Packers are lucky to have Rodgers and Rodgers has been lucky in having good WR's from his first start. This is Ponders third year an it will be the most telling. He has no excuse for have bad WR's. If you look at the one good one they had last year, he had 65 catches before he went out in 8.5 games. Yet Ponder can't throw the ball. So how was Harvin on pace to catch 120+ passes on the year? Maybe because he was the only one who was getting open. Ponder also faced 5 or more pass-rushers on 189 drop-backs last season, which was the 5th highest total in the NFL. Once he learns to deal with the blitz better he that number will surely drop. Was last years passing game inept, maybe a bit. But what was the reason? For most it was Ponder. Because he was the one throwing the ball. Starting on Sunday we will see if that is true or not.

I'm not saying Ponder is going to be some great QB. But the passing game is about more than just he QB. If it was only the QB then explain why Cassel can have a great year in NE and then do so bad in KC?

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Lacy is going to shine in the regular season TBH. When Rodgers was under center and Lacy was in the backfield in preseason Lacy had some of his best runs. The reason being that the opposing defenses won't stock 7/8 guys in the box with Rodgers under center like they did with Harrell under center. I voted 1 to 2 games because it comes down to McCarthy's playcalling at the end of the day. Well...that and Rodgers' ability to audible into the correct play for the situation but I have 100 percent faith there. I have seen Rodgers make quite a few brilliant calls at the line of scrimmage. Also, I am thinking 8 TDs for Lacy this season (Rushing). Just think about how many times the last 2 seasons we scored on TD passes LESS than 10 yards. Quite a few. Lacy will be the battering ram to run the ball in the endzone.

crefan53

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, that last regular season game that Ponder had against the Packers was inept. I hope he has more of those inept games.
Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while.
But in the mean time I wouldn't hold my breath.:D

OP
OP

12theTruth

I think Lacy is going to shine in the regular season TBH. When Rodgers was under center and Lacy was in the backfield in preseason Lacy had some of his best runs. The reason being that the opposing defenses won't stock 7/8 guys in the box with Rodgers under center like they did with Harrell under center. I voted 1 to 2 games because it comes down to McCarthy's playcalling at the end of the day. Well...that and Rodgers' ability to audible into the correct play for the situation but I have 100 percent faith there. I have seen Rodgers make quite a few brilliant calls at the line of scrimmage. Also, I am thinking 8 TDs for Lacy this season (Rushing). Just think about how many times the last 2 seasons we scored on TD passes LESS than 10 yards. Quite a few. Lacy will be the battering ram to run the ball in the endzone.

I agree. Lacy is probably the best goal line back we will have had in the last 30 or so years or if he isn't now he will prove himself to be by the end of the year.

Between the 20's though, what does it matter when defenders will be meeting him in the backfield a good percentage of the time.

crefan53

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. Lacy is probably the best goal line back we will have had in the last 30 or so years or if he isn't now he will prove himself to be by the end of the year.

Between the 20's though, what does it matter when defenders will be meeting him in the backfield a good percentage of the time.
The question that remains is how many guys will the defense commit to the box?
And will it make the defense bite on the play action?

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The question that remains is how many guys will the defense commit to the box?
And will it make the defense bite on the play action?

In certain situations I am sure they will committ to the run fully as it would be foolish not to. However, MOST of the time MOST defenses I doubt will committ 7/8 guys to the run because of Rodgers and our passing attack. Also, I think this year we will see the certain of the famous "Play-action bootleg deep bomb" pass that didn't do too well last season. Lacy will make defenders think twice and even 3 times about ignoring the run.

Members online

No members online now.