How many 100 yard rushing performances this season?

How many times will a player rush for 100 yards this season for the Packers?

• El Zippo

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • 1 to 2

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • 3 to 4

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Who needs to run the ball with Aaron Rodgers?

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Just fire Campen already!

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters

12theTruth

Not since Brandon Jackson on Oct 10, 2010 have the Packers had a rusher with a 100 yards rushing for a game. Since the NFL doesn't count postseason games towards this futility record the Starks game (120+ yards) against the Eagles 3 months later is omitted.

Going into Week 1, the Packers have went 43 consecutive weeks (regular season) without having a runner eclipse 100 yards. This is tied for the 8th longest dearth in league history.

While some continue to suggest the running output is secondary due to the presence of the mighty Aaron Rodgers, Mike McCarthy feels otherwise as he has made the running game a priority in the off-season.

That said, just how many times this season will the Packers have a player break 100 yards rushing for a game this season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I went two. I know Peterson will have at least two hundred games against the Packer this year. Oh, wait, that's not what you were asking. :D

I'll stick with two.

OP
OP

12theTruth

I went two. I know Peterson will have at least two hundred games against the Packer this year. Oh, wait, that's not what you were asking. :D

I'll stick with two.

I'm not that worried about the Vikings this year. The Packers are going to be much improved on the defensive side going against teams that are on the one-dimensional side as the Vikings are. Peterson who I really admire is due for an off year in the way of 1500 yards and 8 TD's this season. LOL I'd say Peterson is lucky to total 200 yards between the two outings. :)

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I'll stick with two.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I love the fact that AP didn't get his record against us. Suck it AP !!!! That is one player I really dislike......well, him and Jay Cuntler

RockyRaccoon

Day Tripper
Reaction score
It was Brandon Jackson - not Alex Green - who ran for 100+ yards in that Redskins game in 2010. Most of those came on a 71 yard run.

This year, I'm thinking 1-2. I'm not as sold on Lacy as most people seem to be. Not yet anyway.

crefan53

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back on topic I think everyone is going to be pleasantly surprised with Lacy this year.
I think he runs for nine 100+ yard games. 1500 yards and 14 touchdowns. OROY.:)

I know,I know.....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sadly with TJ Lang playing his role as the dancing bear after the snap, I concede maybe 1 in garbage time. It could be 2 if Cobb busts a reverse 80 yards and they get creative using him in the backfield.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
7 was the number that came to my mind, but that is only with a healthy Lacy obviously...and that as we all know can change.

OP
OP

12theTruth

Dang nambit! I can't go back and add a question to my poll. I wanted another option for 5 or more but it won't let me.

Seven and Nine 100 yard games?? :) Pretty optimistic. If that happens means we'll have a pro bowl caliber offensive lineman or two. :D

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
4 sounds about right.
We play the Eagles,so there's one. We usually run well against the Bears, but Lovie isn't there running cover 2 anymore. Dallas however will, so there's a great chance there. Detroit is another spot we may be able to get one.

49ers Skins and Bengals are all run minus, Ravens might be too. Browns have a good DL, but if they play 34 theyre soft up the middle if you get past the fat men. Don't like the Giants LB's either.

OP
OP

12theTruth

4 sounds about right.
We play the Eagles,so there's one. We usually run well against the Bears, but Lovie isn't there running cover 2 anymore. Dallas however will, so there's a great chance there. Detroit is another spot we may be able to get one.

49ers Skins and Bengals are all run minus, Ravens might be too. Browns have a good DL, but if they play 34 theyre soft up the middle if you get past the fat men. Don't like the Giants LB's either.

I don't know. Lacy will improve the running ability but I just don't see him going over 100 yards that many times. Unless you feel Cobb may get one or something. Because of our offense I think a good game for Lacy would be 70 yards rushing maybe 20 yards pass receiving. We are still talking about the Packers offensive line, right?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we run well against the Bears, then why haven't we had a 100 yard rusher in the past 3 seasons?

I'm in the 1-2 category BECAUSE of Lacy, but he'll run into the same problem (opposing linemen) that all of our other backs faced due to an offensive line that isn't good at run blocking. I really hope that I'm predicting low

crefan53

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dang nambit! I can't go back and add a question to my poll. I wanted another option for 5 or more but it won't let me.

Seven and Nine 100 yard games?? :) Pretty optimistic. If that happens means we'll have a pro bowl caliber offensive lineman or two. :D
Hey I can't help if I suffer from extreme homerism.:D

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts