How has the long off-season wait been for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Usually, the wait in-between seasons is completely unbearable. However, this year is a lot better...due to THE MLB'S TOP TEAM: THE BREW CREW!!!!

Here's to more Wisconsin team DOMINATION!

So, how has the offseason agony been for you?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I don't like baseball all that much and soccer is boring to me so it's been rather slow. Looking forward to camp very much

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
enjoying life in Thailand

I won't ask. :)

Since the draft I've been going through withdrawals as I'm anxious to see how our rookies play
in real or at least preseason games. This is especially true after each draft that I feel the Packers
added some quality talent. I make due by watching college clips of the rookies, I think I've seen
the Colt Lyerla play where he drags about seven defenders about ten yards at least fifty times
now, and I have most Packers games recorded on DVD for the past four years.

I'm also a Brewers' fan and tune in for at least part of the game on most nights. I usually attend
at least a couple of games each year and glad to see them having an outstanding year. The NFL
is my first passion though as I do like watching MLB, but find it slow at times and oversaturated
with games (162 per year).

D

Dan115

NO Espn or NFL network here--- I do stream WDUZ out of Green Bay

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Base Ball? is that some sort of military game? I started scouting BASKETBALL two weeks ago: it's been hell as usual.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Getting sick of NFL network lately.....they have run out of things to report....a sneeze from a player and they will talk about it. I have been so bored that I have re-arranged my Packer Fancave and gave it a deep cleaning this past weekend. It was basically out of use since I watched the superbowl in it. Can't wait till it is actually time for me to stock the frig in the fan cave and the shelves with chips and popcorn..........can't wait.

wist43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Been a long one but golf has taken up alot of my time!

I'm a single digit handicap when healthy - but I haven't been healthy for a while.

Got a heart condition taken care of last year, and was hoping for a good golf season this year, but now my bothersome shoulder has gotten worse, and am having surgery in a couple of weeks - golf season down the tubes. Gonna have to tackle a hip replacement in the next couple of years too... so my days of playing almost every day are toast :(

Might get a few rounds in late in the year - we'll see.

Hit 'em straight.

wist43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
enjoying life in Thailand

Wife is filipino... we'll probably retire there - assuming the world hasn't blown itself up by then. America is definitely heading for tough times... at least the Philippines is warm :)

Never been to Thailand - women are beautiful ;)

D

Dan115

I was going to the Philippines. I think I made the correct choice for me. I have lived in both countries.

wist43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was going to the Philippines. I think I made the correct choice for me. I have lived in both countries.

Whenever I've gone there I see a lot of ex-Pats... super cheap to live there. Everyone speaks english - or at least most do.

You can live in the Phillipines on Social Security alone... basic medical care is very cheap, so you don't need insurance. If you have a major medical problem, you can come back to the states and use Medicare, some other countries will take U.S. Medicare as well... I know Costa Rica does.

I routinely pay for the medical expenses of my wife's family if they need an operation, or as was the case the last time I sent money, one of my wife's sisters delivered her baby, but it was a difficult delivery and mother and baby needed to stay in the hospital for about a week... I sent $200 and that covered everything.

As of now, we don't plan to stay in the U.S... America is dying, and all of the "entitlement programs" are insolvent. The whole society is devolving into a mess - a very expensive mess. I'd much rather ride out my dying days without having to deal with the stress of living in a collapsing society.

D

Dan115

For me pi would not be safe. Thailand is fine for me me . enjoy yourself.

wist43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me pi would not be safe. Thailand is fine for me me . enjoy yourself.

When I was younger, I could never have conceived that the U.S. would become such a mess that I would ever want to live somewhere else... but alas, she is going the way of Rome :(

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in the name of of whatever can we stop talking about politics on the Packers Football forum...

If you want to go whine and complain about the country go to a more appropriate forum

wist43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in the name of of whatever can we stop talking about politics on the Packers Football forum...

If you want to go whine and complain about the country go to a more appropriate forum

Since this is a thread about the offseason - and I have shoulder surgery coming up in a couple of weeks, and am having my second hip replacement pretty soon - I could post some videos of that.

Would that offend your pretty little sensativities??

How much does your wife weigh?? ;)

D

Dan115

Since this is a thread about the offseason - and I have shoulder surgery coming up in a couple of weeks, and am having my second hip replacement pretty soon - I could post some videos of that.

I like ***'s my smallest wife weigh's 202

wist43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like ***'s my smallest wife weigh's 202

LOL, wow!!! More power to ya brother!!! Do you have more than 1 wife?? If your smallest wife comes in at 202, what's your biggest wife come in at?? LOL... too funny :)

My wife comes in at a very hittable 105... I like 'em petite ;)

L7Panda

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I used to be a big baseball/Yankees fan when I was younger, so I tried to get back into it this year being that it's Jeter's final season and all, but that is already over with. I watched the majority of games in April, half in May and since I went to see them play the Twins on 6/1 I've watched about 3 games total. It's just too long, it drags.

I enjoyed the NBA Finals, but this offseason, in short, has been unbearable.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score

About the only thing you have done to offend my complete and total lack of sensitivities is your inability to spell it properly, other than that everything you have said is just so much moronic drivel. That being said, good luck with your surgeries! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts