How good would the D have played?.......

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Who knows. I don't know that he was offered a HC job. I'm almost positive that he was not. He was mentioned for dome DC positions though.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Bates. He was my favorite coach on last years staff by far. That being said, how many HC offers has he gotten or been given a chance? There may be something about him that scares GM's off.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
I love Bates. He was my favorite coach on last years staff by far. That being said, how many HC offers has he gotten or been given a chance? There may be something about him that scares GM's off.

He thought he had the Green Bay job. Most other jobs were well on their way to being filled when he found out otherwise. He was offered a number of coordinator jobs.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Cory said:

He thought he had the Green Bay job. Most other jobs were well on their way to being filled when he found out otherwise. He was offered a number of coordinator jobs.

I agree, I think next year someone will snap him up as a HC...

BoydAvery

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
How is Ted struggling? He has had 1 year under his belt. You're judging him by 3 pre season games? Your logic is flawed.

How come you didn't mention how Ted helped reshape the Seahawks? They did more than win one lonely division title.

I'm judging TT on 2 drafts, one 4-12 season and 7 preseason games.

TT has failed to replace Wahle and Rivera in 2 off-seasons. Tried with 2 FA's and 5 draft picks at OL.

In 2 off-seasons the Packers only have 2 WR's worth salt.

TT signed 2 cripples at RB.

Mike Holmgren was GM in Seattle and rebuilt them. TT was Homlgrens gopher.

BoydAvery

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
I think the D would have been better, Bates just had away about him, he was more agressive with the players to teach...

Bates is going to be missed big time. There is no doubt about that.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Cory said:

I think we all thought he had the HC job. I certainly did and wouldn't have been against it, but the man basically showed in Miami why he could be the HC and still didn't get that job. So I ask why? I'm not saying he's not head coach material and I think he's a great D coordinator, but no one seems willing to give him a chance in the NFL as HC.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BoydAvery said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:
I think the D would have been better, Bates just had away about him, he was more agressive with the players to teach...

Bates is going to be missed big time. There is no doubt about that.

I think we have to give Sanders the chance. I'll always be greatful for the year of service to GB that Bates gave, but for those that say a Bates defense wouldn't have played that way against Cinci needs to take a look at least years squad making Kyle Boller look like an all pro.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Point blank, we have to give this TEAM a chance. So many want to write them off before they even lace up the cleats. It's unreal.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unreal?

Thats one way to describe it. Id offer other options, but the mods would just delete my post. :)

Members online

Latest posts