How Good or How Bad is Sharper

fvre4mvp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've noticed in many games last year I would always see Sharper out of position to stop the run or stop the pass. Is it age or has he lost his skills. Now that he is on the Viqueens he is talked about like he is in the class w/ Ed Reed. A lot of people are writing the viqueens defense is so much better w/ the addition of DT Williams CB Smoot and S Sharper. ESPN has the viqueens rated @ #7 w/ these 3 metioned. What are everyones elses thoughts.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vickies were rated high last year too. They were picked to upstage the Pack by MOST magazines. Did it Happen? NO!

Sharper is what he is... A second rate player

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think Sharper is a decent player. it's pretty safe to say his injuries have leveled off his play recently. hes going to make some boneheaded plays and overpursue on some of his tackles, and get caught out of position. he's going to make some crafty plays, grab a few picks...maybe more depending on how he holds up during the season.

one thing is for sure. Sharper is a definite upgrade for Minnesota at the safety spot.

i dont have any ill-will towards him..i just hope he plays like **** when he plays the Pack this season. well, actually i hope he has an awful season, but thats just because he plays in the NFC North...i hope all those non-Packer players have awful seasons, not just Sharper imparticular.

damn im rambling. sorry if you read that. 8)

vixtalkn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO, Sharper has always been overrated. Can only say that it must have been Butler who got him his Pro Bowl bid. Once Butler left you saw Sharper for what he really was, i.e., average at best.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with everything said, I dont think that it is going to be the Queens great D that wins the division, I think it is going to be that the other teams are going to be so lousey. But hey maybe the Packers D can pull somthing together, I hope so!:)

carlos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Sharper may look good simply because of the upgrade in the players aroud him in Minn. Look for him to try and make the big hit to impress his teammates and end up with another shoulder injury resulting in a less than spectacular season.

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
i think Sharper is a decent player. it's pretty safe to say his injuries have leveled off his play recently. hes going to make some boneheaded plays and overpursue on some of his tackles, and get caught out of position. he's going to make some crafty plays, grab a few picks...maybe more depending on how he holds up during the season.

one thing is for sure. Sharper is a definite upgrade for Minnesota at the safety spot.

i dont have any ill-will towards him..i just hope he plays like **** when he plays the Pack this season. well, actually i hope he has an awful season, but thats just because he plays in the NFC North...i hope all those non-Packer players have awful seasons, not just Sharper imparticular.

damn im rambling. sorry if you read that. 8)

I think that Darren Sharper just got bored and stale in the Packers garbage defense.

Playing next to a Bengal reject and 2 rookies at CB, not to mention a horrible DL, it's not easy to get enthusiastic.

Expect Darren Sharper to have a big season in Minnesota for 2005. Good luck to Darren Sharper.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Sharper in my view is one of those players who excels when others around him are talented and only then does he excel.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sharper has been nothing since LeRoy Butler retired. And since LeRoy has retired, he's lost a few steps, doesn't like to take a hit, can't tackle and certainly can't defend. Why in the world do you think the Packers didn't want to resign him for that big money. They saw this guy play every day and they know he can't play at that level. If he could and did, they would have signed him. I will be very surprised if he plays well in Minnesota because he hasn't played well here since LeRoy Butler retired. That's not opinion, that's fact.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
Sharper has been nothing since LeRoy Butler retired. And since LeRoy has retired, he's lost a few steps, doesn't like to take a hit, can't tackle and certainly can't defend. Why in the world do you think the Packers didn't want to resign him for that big money. They saw this guy play every day and they know he can't play at that level. If he could and did, they would have signed him. I will be very surprised if he plays well in Minnesota because he hasn't played well here since LeRoy Butler retired. That's not opinion, that's fact.

NO PH.

Sharper will take the Vickies to the Syperbowl and win it by himself... Only reason he left GB was because he was bored...REMEMBER?

Members online

Latest posts