How Do You Tailgate?

Erick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tailgating has been a huge part of game day for me. We set up early that morning and fire up the smoker/grill. I usually serve BBQ ribs, brisket, brats and chickens. We park in our regular spot and pitch a canopy. I usually serve my homebrew or a variety of craft beers from microbreweries.
The Packer tailgate has inspired my tailgating, so I would like to know how others set up their tailgate, and share some tips if they have any. What kind of beer do you have and how do you cook?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh....you should talk to Trippster on this site. He's an old pro at it!
He makes a jambalaya (I don't know if i spelled it right) that you would use straight tabasco sauce to take the burn outta your mouth!!! :lol:
He really knows how to "par-tay!" :D

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never tailgated. I went out to the Packers/49ers game in 2006, but didn't have a big group of friends with me (not too many Packers fans in the Bay Area, go figure). Since I have to watch most games either at home or at a bar, I'll typically grab a few glasses of Hefeweizen and massive basket of fries. It works =)

azmedic85308

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Believe it or not I have asked some people around here in the Phoenix area if they know what tailgating is, and they all say "following too close behind someone". :wall:

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Believe it or not I have asked some people around here in the Phoenix area if they know what tailgating is, and they all say "following too close behind someone". :wall:

My nephew will be tailgating at the Superbowl.
I guess a Yooper is going to have to show Arizonians how to do it.
I'm sure thosands of Packer fans will be there demonstrating the art of tailgating as well.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd love to do it in Green Bay, but I can say it would be hard to top the atmosphere in Buffalo. The times I have done it involved bringing Canadian microbrew, the BBQ with burgers, steaks, sausages. The locals are pretty generous with their wings and trading them for our booze. Cranking out the tunes, but usually keeping it Canadian with the Tragically Hip being a favourite. Chucking the football around and trying to create a Can vs. Am touch game with the locals. Buffalo has so much stuff going on with hot-tubs, sports radio, vendors, and Bills promotion that you really need to be a complete moron not to have a great time. Still need to get my butt to Lambeau though.

OP
OP
Erick

Erick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is the beer of choice at the Lambeau parking lot? And I don't wanna hear anything thing about Bud/Miller/Coors.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me...Leine's regular and Old Style....with a little Jack/Jim and coke to top it off.

Festive times!

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is the beer of choice at the Lambeau parking lot? And I don't wanna hear anything thing about Bud/Miller/Coors.
Erick, I've been brewing for over 20 years now. When I go to WI, it's Sprecher, Captial, Tyranena, New Glarus, or Lakefront for me. All are considered some of the finest breweries in the US.
You work at a brewery in Stillwater?

Members online

Latest posts