How do you feel about....

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ROLB Will Witherspoon, he was just cut by the Eagles last night, i know he'd do a hell of a lot better than Kampman in coverage maybe even compete as good as Matthews.... but if TT would actually sign him, he is 29....:( lets just hope....this Bears/Lions FA frenzy doesnt aquire him.
:chisux::detsux:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's a reason he was traded from the dreadful Rams and was cut by the Eagles...

Plus, he never played in a 3-4, don't know about his pass rushing ability to play the OLB...

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I might sign him as a prospect for training camp, but he had a bad second half of the season with the Eagles. He would be a long shot, but maybe good for depth replacing Popinga and Thompson. Brad Jones at this point has a better upside. I really don't think the Packers are going to go crazy trying to find another OLB to replace Jones but see the need for depth at the position.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I might sign him as a prospect for training camp, but he had a bad second half of the season with the Eagles. He would be a long shot, but maybe good for depth replacing Popinga and Thompson. Brad Jones at this point has a better upside. I really don't think the Packers are going to go crazy trying to find another OLB to replace Jones but see the need for depth at the position.
Good point about the depth at OLB... Poppinga and Thompson sucks.

BUT, Poppinga is earning a lot of money. Until he's cut, I doubt we bring in another OLB to be backup...

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Weatherspoon is a great coverage linebacker. He was never reputable as a blitzer. He was actually miscast in the eagles defense as an OLB until they moved him to the middle where he finally had an impact. I doubt he comes to our team unless one of our ILB's are cut.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People give Brad Jones a hard time about his size, Witherspoon is only 6-1, 239 pounds.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
About Brad Jones, Brian Carriveau reports that he's working out in Arizona and has already come to close to putting on that extra 10-15 pounds of muscle. I'm really eager to see this kid now in training camp.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
About Brad Jones, Brian Carriveau reports that he's working out in Arizona and has already come to close to putting on that extra 10-15 pounds of muscle. I'm really eager to see this kid now in training camp.

I think people are going to be pleasantly surprised about Brad Jones performance next year.

Last year he was a long shot to make the team, he had academic commitments that were in conflict with his football work outs and had an injury plagued rookie camp. He half heartedly gave pro football a shot, but maintained his academics as backup.

This year he can put all his efforts with no distractions into a NFL style work out program. I think you are going to be saying wow a lot next year about this guy.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think people are going to be pleasantly surprised about Brad Jones performance next year.

Last year he was a long shot to make the team, he had academic commitments that were in conflict with his football work outs and had an injury plagued rookie camp. He half heartedly gave pro football a shot, but maintained his academics as backup.

This year he can put all his efforts with no distractions into a NFL style work out program. I think you are going to be saying wow a lot next year about this guy.
Hope you're right.

He played well last year, but we need someone that can make an impact opposite CM3. That if CM3 is doubled, can get to the QB.

Don't need to be another CM3. But someone that will take advantage of the average RTs in a constant basis.

I was going to use he Robert Mathis analogy, but Mathis is a beast...

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Brad Jones was ever in such a distraction with academics. He was never in any academic studies or pursuits in his rookie season. People shouldn't read too much into that line of "if I didn't have football, I would be studying for the LSAT."

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts