trom has to find a reason to rip Brett.

"Why is Favre allowed to talk?"

Many have asked a similar question here..."Why is trom allowed to post?"

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Canadian packer said:
I love the comment in Bretts news conference after the game... He said he thought they would still lose the game. It doesn't sound like he is to confident in his defense....

Why....is Favre allowed to talk?

His play is amazing, this year more than any other (cuz of the supposed lack of talent) but....everything he says is negative it seems. With such a young team, those comments have to take their toll on them. They need Favre and he says stuff like that. Cmon, #4. DAMN...

"He's just being honest!"

I wish he would just be quiet sometimes...

bash away.

C'mon Trom..think about it.

Why should he be confident of the defense at this point, realistically?

At this rate, he will have to throw over 5,000 yards and 48 TD's this year to win games for the Pack...

packinducks76

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All what matters is the W. And I wouldn't beable to tell you anyway because they didn't show out here on the west coast (TV jerks).

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, I'm obviously in the minority, but I don't think todays game was all Favre. Don't get me wrong he had a great game, but so did a lot of people. The pass protection was pretty damn stellar, and receivers were getting open all day. Favre was pressured, what, 3 times all game?? I wish people would be a little more even-keel when doling out criticism. When they lose it isn't all the QB's fault, and when they win it isn't all the QB's doing, either. Hell, the Packers won by 7, but nowhere do I see Carroll/Manuel's INT return for a TD mentioned. But it was ALL Favre? Come on people.

Reaction score
LL you do have a point. I guess it comes do the fact that when it mattered, Favre was there to make plays. He kept it accurate all night, and had the mojo going. Of course none of that would have mattered without some big time games from other players.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carroll? Are you kidding me? That play looked like pass interference and got a lucky bounce. Carroll had zero tackles in the game. 0.

Granted, I do not have much room to talk. I did not get to see the game. But from the highlights I have seen, the linebackers made all the plays. The CB's weren't swatting down any balls. Kitna threw for 342 yards. The DB's are our biggest problem.

Reaction score
gopackgo said:
Carroll? Are you kidding me? That play looked like pass interference and got a lucky bounce. Carroll had zero tackles in the game. 0.

Granted, I do not have much room to talk. I did not get to see the game. But from the highlights I have seen, the linebackers made all the plays. The CB's weren't swatting down any balls. Kitna threw for 342 yards. The DB's are our biggest problem.

The play in question could have gone either way IMO, this time it just happened to go our way. I do agree with you though that with Carrolls rep, more often than not he will be flagged for such a play.

I don't think the DB's are the biggest problem, I think it is Kurt Schott. and the lack of "taking the right angles to the ball" preaching that Bates did last year. However you do make an excellent general point, if this keeps up throughout the season, we aren't going to win many games...

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our defense was ripped apart in the first half. Shawn Bryson ran right past Manuel for a long catch and run. But he made up for it with an interception return. All in all i'd have to say we struggled in the first half and played excellent in the second half when it really mattered. AJ got a sack and made nice tackles. Barnett made a couple of big important stops. We had multiple guys swarming to the ball. We got good pressure late in the game with only 3 lineman rushing and even got a sack to seal the game with 3 down lineman rushing the passer.

Like half of the defense wasnt here last year or wasnt playing much. Give them time and we will be ok. I'd like to see Pooopinga on the bench much more and have us go with a 4-2-5 nickel package much more often. In obvious running situations we can go with the 4-3 and i'd like to see Hodge in the game at that point because that fool can find the ball and destroy the running back. Plus, he and AJ are the future of our defense and he needs reps.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love it, even when Ahmad Carroll makes a play he gets ripped on!!!

He had NO, let me say it again, NO penalties called on him, when the db's were burnt, it was usually Collins or Manual or Woodson who got burnt.

BUT LET'S JUST KEEP RIPPING ON AHMAD CARROL BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT MOST OF YOU LOVE TO DO!!!!!

How didi we win?

01.We won because the O-line showed a huge improvement in protecting Brett, still need to work on the run, but they are getting there.

02. Ahman Green worked his a-- off getting the yardage he did on the ground, to bad he fumbled, without that play I would give him a 90% grade for the day.

03. MM not afraid to use the screens and flares instead of trying to run the ball was a good choice, Green had 60-70 receiving yards, you coiuld almost consider most as runs.

04. The defense held WHEN THEY HAD TO , if anyone caught any of the Browns-Raven game you will know what I mean, The Browns dominated The Ravens for the first 50 minutes of the game, but when it came to crunch time, The Ravens moved the ball right down the field.

05. Last but not least, probably most important, MM realizes that his best chance to win is to let Brett be Brett, and live with the consequences, more often than not Brett will come through.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LambeauLeaper said:
Wow, I'm obviously in the minority, but I don't think todays game was all Favre. Don't get me wrong he had a great game, but so did a lot of people. The pass protection was pretty damn stellar, and receivers were getting open all day. Favre was pressured, what, 3 times all game?? I wish people would be a little more even-keel when doling out criticism. When they lose it isn't all the QB's fault, and when they win it isn't all the QB's doing, either. Hell, the Packers won by 7, but nowhere do I see Carroll/Manuel's INT return for a TD mentioned. But it was ALL Favre? Come on people.

The reason why the Packers won was because of Brett Favre, plain and simple.

There was no running game to speak of, and the defense was horrendous, and if you had a lesser QB in there, you don't win the game.

The reason some people feel as if they have to defend Favre here is because there are fans here who like to blame Favre when the Pack loses because they think that he thinks he is bigger than the game, or the GB Packers, or TT..or all three.

No, it wasn't all Favre. His receivers had to catch the ball and make the plays.. But it's funny how he seems to receive all the blame when the Packers lose, but not all the credit when they win, like other QB's such as Peyton Manning and Tom Brady do.

By the way, how'd Tom Brady do last night, at home?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
majikman said:
LambeauLeaper said:

The reason why the Packers won was because of Brett Favre, plain and simple.

There was no running game to speak of, and the defense was horrendous, and if you had a lesser QB in there, you don't win the game.

The reason some people feel as if they have to defend Favre here is because there are fans here who like to blame Favre when the Pack loses because they think that he thinks he is bigger than the game, or the GB Packers, or TT..or all three.

No, it wasn't all Favre. His receivers had to catch the ball and make the plays.. But it's funny how he seems to receive all the blame when the Packers lose, but not all the credit when they win, like other QB's such as Peyton Manning and Tom Brady do.

By the way, how'd Tom Brady do last night, at home?

How bout the O-lines protection against a great front 4
How bout the hated coach MM's decision to go to screens.
How bout the D locking down when it mattered.
How bout recievers stepping up and making plays when it counted.
All that plus Favres amazing day equals a win.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
I love it, even when Ahmad Carroll makes a play he gets ripped on!!!

He had NO, let me say it again, NO penalties called on him, when the db's were burnt, it was usually Collins or Manual or Woodson who got burnt.

BUT LET'S JUST KEEP RIPPING ON AHMAD CARROL BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT MOST OF YOU LOVE TO DO!!!!!

Some love to rip him because he's a Sherman guy, i think.

Pablo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions offense, both running and passing, was pretty effective yesterday against the Packers.

The rush defense was effective as well, I believe the Pack averaged 2.2 ypc.

Y'all won almost solely on your passing attack. Give credit to your OL which made the Lions pass rush virtually non-existant. Also give credit to Brett Favre, a great game by this aging superstar.

Congrats to all you Packers fan. It was a very entertaining game IMO, and Favre and the Pack certainly deserved the win.

Still suffering in Motown!
Paul

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as we're not holding those damn basement keys. The D did score a touch down...true...they also gave up 3 that shouldn't have come. Our Pass D is not improving as well as the O is. When AC has the play of the game for our DB's, you know you're having trouble. I thought replacing Taylor for Popp in passing situations was the right move. He might have won the starting LB job back. I'm with Brett on this one. I din't think we'd stop them, yet they did when they had to.
I don't think Brett played that much better than he always does, it just that his teammates stopped dropping balls, and the OL actually protected.

Members online

Latest posts