How Brett Favre is just like Darth Vader

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Brett Favre is like darth vader. Originally he was on the good side (packers) and was impressive. Then he went to the dark side (vikings) and dominated for a while (last season). Next he was defeated by his son (in this case protege Aaron Rodgers) and decided right before death (retirement) that he wanted to be on the good side again.

Am i right or delirious?

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Not a bad analogy!

Also, both Darth and Brett have legions of brain-dead automaton followers who will defend their leader without question despite massive amounts of contrary logic and reason.

Lastly, both got into trouble via the use of their "light sabers". :happy0005:

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Going by the time of your post Chipper, it must of came to you in a dream!

Hilarious analogy though! Reminds me of the star wars skit that someone posted on our bye week!
Except that the role of BF was Lea though! (If I remember correctly)

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good analogy and yes, I find the comparison to be valid. It would make an interesting essay for all of us English dept nerds out there. But is he really trying to come back to the good side (Packers)? I question that part of (Favre's) story. Its seems more to me his legions of blind followers are the ones questioning what side of the force they want to be on if their leader leaves them. Meaning prepare for a possible invasion of storm troopers! Jedi Knights at the ready!!!

I'm sorry but if "Darth Vader" (Favre) ever told me, "I'm your father, Kitten" I'd bash my own head in with my light saber.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
@kitten bu what if he really was ur dad....
@iluvgb i work nights so i have lots of free time to think

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aw man, if I have a nightmare tonight of Favre dressing in a Darth Vader suit chasing me around with a light saber, I am gonna blame it on you, Chipper!

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Aw man, if I have a nightmare tonight of Favre dressing in a Darth Vader suit chasing me around with a light saber, I am gonna blame it on you, Chipper!

uh oh! i better get a new identity then! i am now james starks jr. nice to meet u

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
guilty.

But I would go fredo but thats only bc of my love for the godfather.

I LOVE the Godfather!

"Ok Brett, I will do this for you. But there may come a time, and I hope this time never comes when I may need you to do something for me!"

I'm also now have Lord of the Rings skits running through my head! Favre would be Gollum/ Smeagol. I'm going to do Gollum dialogue every time I see him not. Or the Godfather!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about Harry Potter? He can't be Voldermort because Voldermort was evil from day one and I'm sorry but I'm just not willing to give Favre that kind of power. I think Snape is a more fitting role.

Vampires anyone? I'm sorry but I will NEVER accept him as my Dracula! NEVER!

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
but really who hasn't seen starwars?

Ummm...I am raising my hand, not to go to the bathroom but because I have never seen a StarWars movie. I have read about 1,500 novels, but sci fi was never my cup of tea. I did read Ray Bradbury in grade school and I love the x-men and Spiderman....the marvel Comic Books. I can see Clay Mathews as wolverine. Good luck in Cuba

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Ummm...I am raising my hand, not to go to the bathroom but because I have never seen a StarWars movie. I have read about 1,500 novels, but sci fi was never my cup of tea. I did read Ray Bradbury in grade school and I love the x-men and Spiderman....the marvel Comic Books. I can see Clay Mathews as wolverine. Good luck in Cuba

honest to God, even if you dont like sci fi chances are you will still like starwars

Tecmo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey gang, been a while since I've posted here but this thread has got me thinking about the subject. I admit I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I love Darth Vader. I always use the classic line "your powers are weak, old man" whenever I see purple Favre look like a fool out there. Long post ahead and if you don't want to read it I understand.

Let's go back to the beginning with Favre. He grew up a New Orleans Saints fan. Let's make the comparison that the New Orleans Saints are like Obi-Wan Kenobi. Anakin Skywalker grew up looking up to Obi-Wan.

Anakin Skywalker joined the Jedi Order and flourished for years. He did however have a desire for more power and this would prove to be his undoing within the order. Brett Favre was sent to Green Bay and flourished for years. Unfortunately he also had a desire for more power. Power over coaches(Sherman) and general managers(Sherman, Thompson) and this would prove to be his undoing within the organization.

Anakin Skywalker joined the dark side of the Force, becoming Darth Vader. He proceeded to stick it to the Jedi Order by killing Jedi Masters, knights, padawans, and even younglings at the Jedi Temple. Brett Favre joined the dark side of the football when he signed with the Minnesota Vikings. He proceeded to "stick it" to Ted Thompson, the Packer organization, and even fans at Lambeau Field.

Feeling reborn, Darth Vader felt invincible with his new Empire as did Favre who claims his 2009 season was his best ever.

After slaughtering enemy leaders on Mustafar, Darth Vader felt supremely confident he could rule the galaxy. After Favre and his Vikings destroyed the Dallas Cowboys at the Metrodome, Favre was ready to rule the football world again.

Unfortunately for Vader, Obi-Wan Kenobi nearly destroys him in a fierce duel and leaves him in need of repair. The New Orleans Saints left Brett Favre in a similar situation after last year's NFC Title game. Beaten, and in need of surgery. So now Favre is merely a shell of his former self, as was Darth Vader.

Luke Skywalker lost his first duel with Darth Vader on Bespin. Aaron Rodgers lost his first duels with Favre in 2009. Skywalker came back better and with more knowledge in the Force, defeating Vader. Rodgers came back better with a functioning offensive line and defeated Favre.

The yet to be told part of the story with Favre is redemption. Vader redeemed himself by destroying the evil Emperor Palpatine, saving the galaxy. Favre can redeem himself in my book by destroying the Chicago Bears, saving the NFC North Title for Green Bay.

Yeah, I was reaching in a few places, but I had fun with this. :happy0005:

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hey gang, been a while since I've posted here but this thread has got me thinking about the subject. I admit I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I love Darth Vader. I always use the classic line "your powers are weak, old man" whenever I see purple Favre look like a fool out there. Long post ahead and if you don't want to read it I understand.

Let's go back to the beginning with Favre. He grew up a New Orleans Saints fan. Let's make the comparison that the New Orleans Saints are like Obi-Wan Kenobi. Anakin Skywalker grew up looking up to Obi-Wan.

Anakin Skywalker joined the Jedi Order and flourished for years. He did however have a desire for more power and this would prove to be his undoing within the order. Brett Favre was sent to Green Bay and flourished for years. Unfortunately he also had a desire for more power. Power over coaches(Sherman) and general managers(Sherman, Thompson) and this would prove to be his undoing within the organization.

Anakin Skywalker joined the dark side of the Force, becoming Darth Vader. He proceeded to stick it to the Jedi Order by killing Jedi Masters, knights, padawans, and even younglings at the Jedi Temple. Brett Favre joined the dark side of the football when he signed with the Minnesota Vikings. He proceeded to "stick it" to Ted Thompson, the Packer organization, and even fans at Lambeau Field.

Feeling reborn, Darth Vader felt invincible with his new Empire as did Favre who claims his 2009 season was his best ever.

After slaughtering enemy leaders on Mustafar, Darth Vader felt supremely confident he could rule the galaxy. After Favre and his Vikings destroyed the Dallas Cowboys at the Metrodome, Favre was ready to rule the football world again.

Unfortunately for Vader, Obi-Wan Kenobi nearly destroys him in a fierce duel and leaves him in need of repair. The New Orleans Saints left Brett Favre in a similar situation after last year's NFC Title game. Beaten, and in need of surgery. So now Favre is merely a shell of his former self, as was Darth Vader.

Luke Skywalker lost his first duel with Darth Vader on Bespin. Aaron Rodgers lost his first duels with Favre in 2009. Skywalker came back better and with more knowledge in the Force, defeating Vader. Rodgers came back better with a functioning offensive line and defeated Favre.

The yet to be told part of the story with Favre is redemption. Vader redeemed himself by destroying the evil Emperor Palpatine, saving the galaxy. Favre can redeem himself in my book by destroying the Chicago Bears, saving the NFC North Title for Green Bay.

Yeah, I was reaching in a few places, but I had fun with this. :happy0005:

Knowing nothing about starwars, I feel like I have read a Shakespeare or Greek tragedy.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will even be more the case if his final act is to defeat the bears helping the pack to claim the division.....Oh wait I missed you're post that said exactly that GoldGreen Angel....My bad haha, but its so true awesome analogies

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only part I disagree with is that Fail/Vader wants to come back to the good side.
He is still with the bad guys. (Viqueens.)

To add:
Fraud/Vader gets shots and drugs to repair his body parts just like how Vader got his busted body repaired.

And the first emperor (Childress) got destroyed/beaten by the rebellilon (Packers.)

The Metrodump is like the Death Star. It got destroyed by forces of good (Mother Nature) and they (Empire/Viqueens) are roaming around the galaxy of the mid-states until it gets repaired/rebuilt.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And Randy Moss as Lando Calrissian.
He comes in only to fail and betray those who trusted him.

Vince as Yoda.
The old wise one of the force.
No, he isn't around, but there are those who still feel his force and powerful presence still living on in Titletown.

Clay Matthews as the Han Solo.
At first there were those who had his doubts about him being a team player.
But once he got into it and proved himself, he is for sure on the side of the good guys and helping them win.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

Vince as Yoda.
No, he isn't around, but there are those who still feel his force and powerful presence still living on in Titletown.

But once he got into it and proved himself, he is for sure on the side of the good guys and helping them win.

Your choice for Yoda is perfect. We could use an Obi Wan, I want to say Reggie White.

I had Clay for Chewy, LOL. Aaron was my Han Solo but I can see your reasoning.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Vince as Yoda.

That would be one cranky yoda

Members online

Latest posts