How bad are we?

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It still blows my mind that we couldn't advance the ball beyond the 35, and that the bear's offense beat us up...but...

it doesn't make sense to me that the packers are really this bad. Proven corners, quick lbs, 3 solid wrs, the oline did great in run blocking against a solid front 4, ahman still looks powerful and fast...a lot of today had to do w/ the bears being good...but was today just an anomoly as well?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and willie didnt play either. thats cool. we should get MORE rush yards when he comes back.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the problem is we don't look at it objectively.

Harris is good, not top 5.
Woodson has been on the decline for years

We DEFINITELY don't have 3 solid WR's. We have Driver than a young rookie and an underachiever

The O-line was NOT good. Green got half his yards on 3rd and long when the Bears were looking for pass. Brettdidn't have much time

Ahman is not as powerful and quick as he once was. He is looked at as an average NFL Back

The LB's are young. Hawk is a rookie, Barnett is probably hyped a little to much in GB, andour 3rd LB is a ?

Outside of us GB fans , this team is full of nobodies outside 1-2 players. We follow these guys all year. We know the guys. We hype up players because they are GOOD on an average team.

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chad Johnson, just last year said Harris was the toughest corner he's faced.

no matter how he got his yards, Ahman looked very good behind a very young o line...considering how $hitty the pass protection was, I wonder if Ahman didn't make the o line look better than they were.

you're right that our focus on this team makes players seem better than maybe they are...but I still don't believe that this team is 26-0 bad

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll chalk this one up to inexperience. The coaching staff is completely new. There are many rookies and 2nd year players in key positions. (Offensive line anyone?) It's going to take some time for the coaching staff and the newer players to develop. It doesn't look good now, but you gotta give them some time people!

edking

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
It still blows my mind that we couldn't advance the ball beyond the 35, and that the bear's offense beat us up...but...

it doesn't make sense to me that the packers are really this bad. Proven corners, quick lbs, 3 solid wrs, the oline did great in run blocking against a solid front 4, ahman still looks powerful and fast...a lot of today had to do w/ the bears being good...but was today just an anomoly as well?

It's called experience Musscy.

You can't win with rookies. Some people don't understand that.

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the steelers went 15-1 w/ a rookie at the cornerstone position. THe Packers have 4 rookie starters, which doesn't seem like an insermountable #

Members online

Latest posts