How about the Brew Crew?

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Born in '84, so this is easily the best team I've ever witnessed. Extremely fun to watch.

Just a few stats as of today..

18-2 in last 20 games
46-15 at home, best in MLB
7 game lead in division (bigger division lead than the '82 WS Brewers had)
Last 4 games (all wins) 1-0,2-1,3-0,2-1
Best pitching since allstar break I believe

Magical season, just wow.

Tecmo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was born in '84 as well so I missed out on that magical time in 1982. This is some unbelievably awesome baseball we are seeing out of this club. I hope they keep it going but it would be nice to get a couple of blowout wins once in a while because these 1 run games are really nerve-racking!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not saying I like baseball. But if I had to, the fact that they're from WI, their colours, their name, and the fact that they're not a big market team and are doing well, would have me inclined to support the Brewers.

You know, when they're on TV, doing well and there's nothing else on...

/shows self out

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I got to go to two games in 82..One to tie the series vs the Angels and the last game that sent them to the world Series. The vision of Cecil Cooper hitting that ball and waving his arms down to magically make the ball drop still stands out as the memory I have of that game..

but right now it is awesome to watch....Just for simple fact that this is the best team they had since then ( almost like the Packers of early and mid 90's)

I sure hope they can get to the Series since it might help Prince stay next year..I think he will be gone no matter what tho, but there is always that hope he will want to stay...

With out him next year they still should be good, but might be as good..You would miss over 100 rbi, which is a ton..

If you dont know who Tony Plush is...

Here ya go

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhAEnFgL1Cc"]Nyjer Morgan, AKA Tony Plush, steals mic in postgame interview - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pazp7NHkZ0Y&list=PLD16DECCA24D1D81E&index=4"]Nyjer Morgan "I gotta go." - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mDG6WOGIy0&feature=related"]Nyjer Morgan post game response to Giants Fans 7/22/2011 - YouTube[/ame]

bianh phan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brew Crew doesn't have 7 members and we all know you've been cleared multiple times when you've had number advantage.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brewers about to face a tough opponent in the Phillies, already at 90 wins. October might as well come early because I just know this is going to have a playoff feel to it. Milwaukee is almost unbeatable at home however, but I'm expecting a series split.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Division Champs..

Ryan bringing out the championship belt, Prince jumping in the stands, hugging the fans..

Great day for Milwaukee

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup. Good year to be a Wisconsin sports fan.
Would have been even better had Bucky won the Rose Bowl.

Go Brew Crew!

Latest posts